West Stand Un-Reserved Seating W6/w7

I was asked in another thread to find out the clubs position on ensuring there is an area of the West Stand kept for un-reserved seating. The thinking being that a season ticket holder bringing a mate(s) along to a game would be gratefulfor the option of sitting with them in the un-reserved seating area.

The original question i was asked was why W5 was not kept open. This is the answer I got back from Brian this morning;

W5 is the section that we sell season tickets up to almost half way? Most people have renewed in this area.

We will of course open W5 as much as possible next season as we normally do but it actually saves us stewarding for small supports to allow them to occupy W6 & W7 and segregate and keep North closed.

Looking at opposition can only see that being relevant for maybe Alloa, possibly Livi and possibly Dumbarton although Hibs/Rangers/Morton/Motherwell may go over capacity in North Stand and may require W6/7.

We always where possible keep W5 from seat 130 available and W6 onwards for anyone who wants to bring a friend and be assured if it works we want to encourage people especially new people to come along!

Simple solution, scrap seat allocations.

I don't know why the game went down that route in the first place. Was it to satisfy some sort of policing requirement? When I used to have a season ticket for the old North Bank at Love Street the season ticket book was simply a means of pre paying your admission to the relevant part of the stadium. The seat allocation thing has always been a nightmare. After the seats were installed I remember buying a season ticket only to discover that the seats we'd bought were in the row infront of Willie Leggate. There was no way at all we were going to put up with a whole season of listening to him talking shite so we never took our reserved seat opting instead to sit in the unallocated area - yet that seat then would have a reserved sticker on it and no-one else would sit there either.

While I'm at it scrap segregation too. I have family who are big Hibs fans and friends who are St Mirren fans. I would actually enjoy visiting Greenhill Road to watch the two teams play if only I could sit in all of their company, rather than having to chose and then be split from them as though we couldn't sit together without coming to blows.

I don't know why the game went down that route in the first place. Was it to satisfy some sort of policing requirement? When I used to have a season ticket for the old North Bank at Love Street the season ticket book was simply a means of pre paying your admission to the relevant part of the stadium. The seat allocation thing has always been a nightmare. After the seats were installed I remember buying a season ticket only to discover that the seats we'd bought were in the row infront of Willie Leggate. There was no way at all we were going to put up with a whole season of listening to him talking shite so we never took our reserved seat opting instead to sit in the unallocated area - yet that seat then would have a reserved sticker on it and no-one else would sit there either.

While I'm at it scrap segregation too. I have family who are big Hibs fans and friends who are St Mirren fans. I would actually enjoy visiting Greenhill Road to watch the two teams play if only I could sit in all of their company, rather than having to chose and then be split from them as though we couldn't sit together without coming to blows.

I agree with that. Don't get seat allocation, especially for those that pay on the day.

Oh Dear . I actually find myself agreeing with Stu Dick. A season ticket should be for guaranteed access to a particular stand or area. It should be first come first served.

Cant totally agree with the second bit though.Segregation unfortunately is with us for the foreseeable future.

Oh Dear . I actually find myself agreeing with Stu Dick. A season ticket should be for guaranteed access to a particular stand or area. It should be first come first served.

Cant totally agree with the second bit though.Segregation unfortunately is with us for the foreseeable future.

I remember a game at Love Street against a team that used to come from Govan before segregation and one of their supporters stuck the head into one of ours, just for agreeing with him that his team was rubbish. post-4944-0-11974100-1432809701.png

Edited by pod

SD in non wind up shocker!unsure.png

Paying pre game then there should be no seat allocation though I have brought friends along to games and we just sit where there are empty seats.

One of the main reasons I purchase a season ticket every season is so I can sit in the same seat. I like the position and view. If it was a free for all with season tickets I would not purchase one as I don't make all home games.

Also. Why can't we use. The main stand fir the smaller supports. The two sections near the score boards are empty. Why don't we use them for smaller supports and also when old firm come

I agree.

Force THEM to stare into the Paisley sunshine!

(It hasn't harmed Desperately Seeking Susans and E=mc2...)

Also. Why can't we use. The main stand fir the smaller supports. The two sections near the score boards are empty. Why don't we use them for smaller supports and also when old firm come

The West Stand has the segregated areas in the concourse and the Main Stand doesn't?

That might be the first post you've ever made on here which was genuinely good.

Agree with all of this.

That response is a lie. Lost count how many tines I got moved back to my season ticket seat despite. The w5 w6. Sections being empty.

Is that directed at me :

Why would I lie about that , I have brought various people to games and sat down outwith my season ticket seat and never been moved. I sit in the main stand

The West Stand has the segregated areas in the concourse and the Main Stand doesn't?

The Main stand IS segregated (left from right) and can be further sergregated - if need be - by the use of a few barriers. Simples.

Edited by Vambo57

There are not enough seats with a decent view in the stadium in my opinion.

The vast majority of the best seats are taken up by season ticket holders.

I was unfortunate in the allocation of my seat when we moved to the new ground. I had a great seat in the Northbank in Love St but my preferences were ignored and I was allocated a seat in Row G in line with the 18 yard line at the home end. A crap view, I only sat in it twice and I have never had a season ticket since.

For me, you have to have a seat in the back 4 or 5 rows of the new ground to get a decent view. That means when W6 and W7 is unavailable to the home support I am not particularly keen to part with my £20.

I understand why people who have the best seats just now wouldn't want to give them up but they have no divine right to them and I would be very much in favour of an unollocated seating policy.

I can't see the club going for that, with some people already having paid to have their names on their seats.

Another thing...

For Smokers: Why can't an exit door be open in the West Bank at half-time, with 3 barriers creating a little corral (like St.Johnstone)?

In fact, having attended Hospitality, you are alowed to leave the stadium for a cigarette. A wall-mounted ashtray is even provided. Try doing that in the West Stand!

Priviledge and inequality is rife at Greehill Rd!

Any fascist non-smokers who want to puff their ploomage need not reply.

Have long said that season tickets should be non seat specific so that we could be encouraged to bring guests.

Want to sit with pals? Can't be that hard for one to get there 15 mins early and keep the seats.

So you can't reserve a seat despite paying your money, for every game up front, yet it's ok to pony up 15 minutes before kick-off and "reserve" seats for your pals that aren't there yet...............sorry BuddieinEK but that doesn't work for me.

Don't be f**king stupid. There are far too many morons around to make that workable.

Is that directed at me :

Why would I lie about that , I have brought various people to games and sat down outwith my season ticket seat and never been moved. I sit in the main stand

My comment was twisting to the response from mr Caldwell nothing to do with you

The last 3 hone games I wasn't allowed to sit in w5/6. Due to done nob steward saying we can't use it

I think a lot of season ticket holders like being able to trap up 5 mins before kick off and know that their usual seat is going to be there along with all the usual people who sit around them (even the knobheads).

I think if you introduced a free for all seating system you would probably put off more season ticket holders than you would attract. Having a free for all section in W6 and 7 would seem like a reasonable compromise in my opinion ?

I do agree that the smaller supports could be better accommodated towards the north end of the main stand rather than taking up two sections of the West but I think the club is scared of upsetting the main stand punters as there is no logicial segregation in that stand.

Going to be interesting when Morton visit next season. If they are doing well they would easily fill the 1600 seats in the North. I don't imagine the club will want to give them W6 & W7 !