West Stand Un-Reserved Seating W6/w7

I went in fast to make sure I could get the seat wanted after all its a very small stadium we cant even half fill so surly there is somewhere better for you to sit mate

My boy attends some games and my mate attends some games so the best place to sit is W6/W7 where we can sit together and get a decent view.

If I buy a season ticket, I can't sit with them at the Celtic or Sevco games, and by the looks of it, most games in the Championship, with this area either closed or given up to the away support.

So there is absolutely no incentive for me to buy a season ticket.

I think we should be able to allow away fan families to mingle with home fan families in the family stand. Suppose all it takes is 1 idiot to say something stupid and the panda club could kick off and start a riot.

I think a couple of other clubs do this so away fans can benefit from the same family discounts as the home fans.

The fakes saints been doing it for at least 20 years, since it must have been around that time me, wife and 2 brats watch us drawing 1-1 with a Kenny Gillies goal with Money playing a blinder in goals, and as AFAIK they have never been any problem since. Money wise it can temp a family to go who might have had 2nd thoughts about it. Clubs should deals with others clubs as we will let your oap in for this amount, kids for this amount, unemployed , season holders etc. Encouraged people to go to games even if they pay little at the gate since more ground are half empty.

I've often thought that clubs should get together and offer discounts for away fans who attend on a regular basis. Offer an away Season Ticket option for discounted entry based on 5, 10, 15, 20 games with more discount the more games you intend to go to.

Think Partick Thistle tried to do something like that but got no encouragement off other teams.

There are plenty empty seats in the Main and Family Stands for Season Ticket holders and their friends to sit together.

Get organised.

FFS

If that's aimed at me, I'd rather not go than pay £20 to sit in the Family Stand, unless it was a really big game. It is an awful view.

I've had to sit in the Main Stand in the past and will do so again no doubt. It's ok unless you get one of those rare sunny days.

However you are missing the point. If I buy a season ticket it would have to be beside 2 empty seats so that I could sit next to my boy and my mate when we're all there. Even if there is such a seat available in a row near the back how do I know someone else won't buy a season ticket for the empty seats after I've bought mine?

I've often thought that clubs should get together and offer discounts for away fans who attend on a regular basis. Offer an away Season Ticket option for discounted entry based on 5, 10, 15, 20 games with more discount the more games you intend to go to.

Doubt that would ever work, who would you buy such a ticket from for example? Cash would need to be divided up between all clubs participating in such a venture, and they would all need to play ball for it to work.

I can see the point of the idea when the objective is to get folk into an otherwise empty stadium...there are difficulties when you include clubs like Hearts, Aberdeen and the uglies who tend to bring more support than others, and also are more likely to sell out the home end with the option to acutely cut the away allocation. For any club the option of putting home fans first needs to be there, which means guarantees about away allocations in advance of the season might be undesirable.

The only ones who can help mobilise the away support of smaller clubs are the clubs themselves, for bigger clubs like Hearts the loyalty points system works well since demand tends to be good for away games, for SMFC it wouldn't work so well since the question is not who gets the away tickets, but who wants them, and what can we do to make you go smile.png

Edited by ss39Lavety

There are not enough seats with a decent view in the stadium in my opinion.

The vast majority of the best seats are taken up by season ticket holders.

I was unfortunate in the allocation of my seat when we moved to the new ground. I had a great seat in the Northbank in Love St but my preferences were ignored and I was allocated a seat in Row G in line with the 18 yard line at the home end. A crap view, I only sat in it twice and I have never had a season ticket since.

For me, you have to have a seat in the back 4 or 5 rows of the new ground to get a decent view. That means when W6 and W7 is unavailable to the home support I am not particularly keen to part with my £20.

I understand why people who have the best seats just now wouldn't want to give them up but they have no divine right to them and I would be very much in favour of an unollocated seating policy.

I can't see the club going for that, with some people already having paid to have their names on their seats.

It's all down to poor stadium design, we could have had 2 decent sized stands and other facilities behind the goals. it would have made for a better atmosphere, allowed for better conference facilities in the larger stands and would have been ideal for accomodating non-soccer events.

this is still the first thing i will sort out after colecting my 70 million on saturday morning

It's all down to poor stadium design, we could have had 2 decent sized stands and other facilities behind the goals. it would have made for a better atmosphere, allowed for better conference facilities in the larger stands and would have been ideal for accomodating non-soccer events.

this is still the first thing i will sort out after colecting my 70 million on saturday morning

Yes, because nobody has ever sagged off a ground with only two stands.

Yes, because nobody has ever sagged off a ground with only two stands.

two stands and two big empty spaces would be silly, but 2 big stands would have been cheaper to build than 4 little ones, some screening and decor would have looked great behind the goals

And surely you don't think people dont slag off our current configuration. You build what is the best for the club, not what satisfies non-supporters

two stands and two big empty spaces would be silly, but 2 big stands would have been cheaper to build than 4 little ones, some screening and decor would have looked great behind the goals

And surely you don't think people dont slag off our current configuration. You build what is the best for the club, not what satisfies non-supporters

Make up your mind.

The "new" stadium still doesn't really feel like Love Street did to me, and I guess that will be true for all of us who grew up supporting the club when we played there.

It wasn't in the best shape, particularly the main stand, by the time we left, but it was home and it definitely had something special about it.

Thew new place is perfect for a club of our size, the facilities are decent, but I doubt it will ever have the same attachment for me as Love Street did.

The "new" stadium still doesn't really feel like Love Street did to me, and I guess that will be true for all of us who grew up supporting the club when we played there.

It wasn't in the best shape, particularly the main stand, by the time we left, but it was home and it definitely had something special about it.

Thew new place is perfect for a club of our size, the facilities are decent, but I doubt it will ever have the same attachment for me as Love Street did.

Our 'spiritual home ' is Love Street for so many of us , leaking gutters , toilets with no roof , rickety old main stand , proper floodlights and the magical part 'our ramp' was always magical , leaving after a win , top of ramp looking down to the crowd a quick glance to the right as fans headed down the steps and a look out onto Love St & Albion St , all captured within a matter of seconds as you left made all the more special by a night sky and a good win :)

Can't see the attraction myself :P

Our 'spiritual home ' is Love Street for so many of us , leaking gutters , toilets with no roof , rickety old main stand , proper floodlights and the magical part 'our ramp' was always magical , leaving after a win , top of ramp looking down to the crowd a quick glance to the right as fans headed down the steps and a look out onto Love St & Albion St , all captured within a matter of seconds as you left made all the more special by a night sky and a good win smile.png

Can't see the attraction myself tongue.png

At the big games as a youngster I used to love coming up the big ramp desperate to see how big the crowd was in the North Bank.

I miss the old girl :-(

The new ground is devoid of character. It was certainly one of the factors that contributed to me giving up my season ticket (though I can appreciate that sounds a bit daft).

There is a lot of talk about the advantages of the new stadium over LS, and I can acknowledge them to a degree, but it doesn't stir the blood at all. There are also a few distinct disadvantages, not least for disabled supporters, who, I imagine, enjoyed a much better (and certainly dryer) match day experience at Love Street.

I really don't like the new place. I can see the advantages re maintenance and the like, and better facilities generally. But it's a soulless box to me. As Div and others have said, the walk up the ramp at LS was special - it always got my heart racing (or maybe that was just my age!). The new ground doesn't give me that feeling.

I really don't like the new place. I can see the advantages re maintenance and the like, and better facilities generally. But it's a soulless box to me. As Div and others have said, the walk up the ramp at LS was special - it always got my heart racing (or maybe that was just my age!). The new ground doesn't give me that feeling.

The ramp and the feelings it invoked don't quite find themselves replaced by walking past the airport parking, seeing the ground as you cross the road and thinking "I could have stayed in and watched a DVD".

Heading to Love Street as a kid was brilliant. Waiting by the bookies for your dad, streets filled with fans. Next stop the hole in the wa.

After leaving the pub the walk up the narrow Love Street amongst the crowd, quick stop at Cosmos and then the police trying to keep the turnstile queue off the road.

The roar from the crowd as you walk up the ramp and then the Panda taking the piss.

I miss the old Love Street.

Edited by davidg

What we could really do with in the new stadium is a season to remember.

Our home form since day one has been absolutely abysmal, right from when we missed that penalty against Kilmarnock in our maiden outing.

Highlights have been the 4-0 trouncing of Celtic, the 1-0 win over them in the cup, the Christmas Eve win over Rangers and the comeback over Motherwell last season but that's about it. The corner sponsor is decent right enough.

What we could really do with in the new stadium is a season to remember.

Our home form since day one has been absolutely abysmal, right from when we missed that penalty against Kilmarnock in our maiden outing.

Highlights have been the 4-0 trouncing of Celtic, the 1-0 win over them in the cup, the Christmas Eve win over Rangers and the comeback over Motherwell last season but that's about it. The corner sponsor is decent right enough.

Aye , ironic really as our stadium could of been doing with a 'Big Front Door' to let us oot during the games we witnessed last season :P