West Stand Un-Reserved Seating W6/w7

Don't be f**king stupid. There are far too many morons around to make that workable.

I'd extend segregation to have a bell ends section, which can be populated by the wee group in rows K & L at the home side edge of W2 and the angry lad at the end of row L in W1. You could probably put them in the void as their view of the game would be just as good as it is now considering they're watching a different one to everyone else. "OFFSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!"

There are not enough seats with a decent view in the stadium in my opinion.

The vast majority of the best seats are taken up by season ticket holders.

I was unfortunate in the allocation of my seat when we moved to the new ground. I had a great seat in the Northbank in Love St but my preferences were ignored and I was allocated a seat in Row G in line with the 18 yard line at the home end. A crap view, I only sat in it twice and I have never had a season ticket since.

For me, you have to have a seat in the back 4 or 5 rows of the new ground to get a decent view. That means when W6 and W7 is unavailable to the home support I am not particularly keen to part with my £20.

I understand why people who have the best seats just now wouldn't want to give them up but they have no divine right to them and I would be very much in favour of an unollocated seating policy.

I can't see the club going for that, with some people already having paid to have their names on their seats.

I went in fast to make sure I could get the seat wanted after all its a very small stadium we cant even half fill so surly there is somewhere better for you to sit mate

I'd extend segregation to have a bell ends section, which can be populated by the wee group in rows K & L at the home side edge of W2 and the angry lad at the end of row L in W1. You could probably put them in the void as their view of the game would be just as good as it is now considering they're watching a different one to everyone else. "OFFSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!"

That is the bellend section ya daftybangin.gif

My comment was twisting to the response from mr Caldwell nothing to do with you

The last 3 hone games I wasn't allowed to sit in w5/6. Due to done nob steward saying we can't use it

Steward told me the reason we wasn't allowed into W6 against Motherwell was because the stewards that would have been working that area had to go to the north stand to assist the in trying to control the Motherwell fannies that were gathering next to the corner flag, so they were no spare stewards left for W6. I suggested they start throwing out the Motherwell fannies and he said that normally happen later in the game.

I respect the views of those who want non-specific seating, but I would like to offer an alternate view which I hope is also respected. At Love Street, I got to know the people sitting in front of me. When we moved stadiums, we got together and seven of us got seats beside each other at the new ground. So the argument for non-specific seats is that it allows mates to sit beside each other? So does the way it is now. Seven of us, due to the way things are done, sit beside each other every week. No-one needs to 'get there first' and keep seven seats free. No-one needs to tell folk coming along the row 'sorry, we're keeping these for our mates'. No-one has to telephone six other people to say 'I'm already here, got us seven seats in W1,2,3, wherever. None of us need to arrange to meet outside before going in to find seats, and with seven of us never arriving at the same time, no-one is bothered if at any game someone turns up late, or doesn't turn up at all.

In an (approx) 8,500 capacity ground that is lucky to host 5,000 tops most games, the simple solution to my eyes would be to allocate a section or sections that is non-specific seating and properly steward it to ensure there's no groups standing up blocking anyone's view. I cannot be alone in liking seat-specific arrangements. I don't see why we should be asked to switch to non-specific seating when we don't want to, in a stadium that 99% of the time can clearly accomodate both specific and non-specific seating.

Away games will be different arrangements I suspect, depending on the host club. I don't go to many away games, but when I do, I tend not to meet the six other folk that I sit with at every home game, so it is more a case of everyone doing their own thing. If we see them in the away end, fine.

StuDick's argument about all fans mixing in the stadium in some sort of non-confrontational Utopia has been discussed at length before. I don't know what planet Stu lives on, but it cannot be this one, where a passionate game (and a tribal one) like football sees emotions run high. I am not a violent person whatsoever, but I have watched many St Mirren games in away ends, and it is absolute murder. Sitting at Celtic Park listening to some guy scream 'break that Orange cnuts legs' at 'ex-Rangers' Steven Thompson. Sitting at the Falkirk Stadium listening to guys questioning Hugh Murray's parentage and wanting the home team to hammer the Paisley junkie scum... Not my idea of a fun day at the football.

What about the positive aspects of segregation? The choirs and colour, the sense of 'community' with your own fans? The Liverpool Kop's displays? That massive bouncing terrace at Borussia Dortmund?

It is fantasy to think there would be no trouble, even of a verbal nature which would see kids right in the middle of it and it is never, ever, going to happen. Thankfully.

Edited by pozbaird

£275 for a guaranteed 18 games works out at £15.30 per match. Roughly a 25% discount on PAYG. That's the benefit of a season card. Why the reservation of a specific seat is seen as an entitlement to fans getting the biggest discount is beyond me. A season ticket on the trains or buses wouldn't see you being allocated your own seat and it wouldn't reserve you your own cubicle at the swimming.

As for segregation I do find it remarkable that as a sport we've evolved to the point where passionate nationalistic German and Scottish fans can sit together in International Stadiums but Pozbaird thinks if you do the same at a sparsely attended Falkirk v St Mirren fixture it'd be mayhem. And atmosphere? Erm well I was at a few segregated St Mirren matches last season, I think it's safe to say the atmosphere at the unsegregted Scotland v Italy rugby match beat it hands down.

It's time we all grew up at football matches.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Please Don't Feed The troll...............that plays right into his hands of how St Mirren fans are incapable of good behaviour and have a history of troublesome fans......no doubt he will copy and paste some old news on how St Mirren fans abused Ruud Gullit and various other players.

We used to have a troublesome fan, but he left years ago.

I think a lot of season ticket holders like being able to trap up 5 mins before kick off and know that their usual seat is going to be there along with all the usual people who sit around them (even the knobheads).

I think if you introduced a free for all seating system you would probably put off more season ticket holders than you would attract. Having a free for all section in W6 and 7 would seem like a reasonable compromise in my opinion ?

I do agree that the smaller supports could be better accommodated towards the north end of the main stand rather than taking up two sections of the West but I think the club is scared of upsetting the main stand punters as there is no logicial segregation in that stand.

Going to be interesting when Morton visit next season. If they are doing well they would easily fill the 1600 seats in the North. I don't imagine the club will want to give them W6 & W7 !

Wouldn't they be better in the family stand with their parents.whistling.gif

£275 for a guaranteed 18 games works out at £15.30 per match. Roughly a 25% discount on PAYG. That's the benefit of a season card. Why the reservation of a specific seat is seen as an entitlement to fans getting the biggest discount is beyond me. A season ticket on the trains or buses wouldn't see you being allocated your own seat and it wouldn't reserve you your own cubicle at the swimming.

As for segregation I do find it remarkable that as a sport we've evolved to the point where passionate nationalistic German and Scottish fans can sit together in International Stadiums but Pozbaird thinks if you do the same at a sparsely attended Falkirk v St Mirren fixture it'd be mayhem. And atmosphere? Erm well I was at a few segregated St Mirren matches last season, I think it's safe to say the atmosphere at the unsegregted Scotland v Italy rugby match beat it hands down.

Again it's hard to disagree with this and I've been saying it for years.

We have a game dying on its arse led in no small part to the fact that it's not a nice atmosphere to bring kids to and that when you do get in you either have to ask someone to GTF off your allocated seat or you have to wander around hoping not to be sitting in someone else's seat.

That's a grade A shit customer experience and it's the reason I stopped going to home games.

The "passionate sport" argument has been defeated but we still have people throwing it out there.

Apparently rugby isn't passionate??? Seriously? WTF?

Perhaps as a compromise, because clearly football people like to cement their position to the ground, would be to remove segregation at games where there is NO chance of trouble such as QOS, Falkirk, Livingston, Alloa and Hibs but keep it for Morton, Rangers games etc.

Surely there has to be some grown up way of discussing this and making some reasonable changes.

As for allocated seating and season ticket holders? Again unallocated seating would be a great change but we have a set of season ticket holders trying to hold the club to ransom by threatening not to renew unless their completely outdated demands are met.

Selfishness by people who have spent no shortage of time bitching about selfishness of the top clubs pandering to the OF and TV money.

We just simply need to get away from this.

Do we simply wait until we have less than 3000 turning up for home games before we try this sort of thing?

ETA: the bigger picture here is that the clubs baseline are the season ticket holders. BUT without pay at the gate customers we're f**ked.

Those pay at the gate customers are being treated like shit. Not only are games much more expensive but all the best seats are reserved as well. That's before we get to the nonsense accusations that they are not real fans. We may as well put up a huge sign saying "All PATG customers are cunts. We hate you all. f**k off!"

Edited by oaksoft

Can you please show me where I said it would be mayhem?

Can you also say how you think it would go at... River Plate v Boca Juniors, Galatasaray v Fenerbache, and West Ham v Millwall.

Football fans can all be trusted though, eh?

Edit: I go to the NFL at Wembley, completely unsegregated with fans wearing jerseys of 32 NFL teams. The atmosphere is magnificent. I have been to Murrayfield for a Scotland game and the atmosphere was zero.

Would you advocate Liverpool's Kop becoming un-segregated, as well as the other three sides of Anfield? of course, the good thing about having this argument is that you are never going to see it happen.

Edited by pozbaird

Can you also say how you think it would go at... River Plate v Boca Juniors, Galatasaray v Fenerbache, and West Ham v Millwall.

Edit: I go to the NFL at Wembley, completely unsegregated with fans wearing jerseys of 32 NFL teams. The atmosphere is magnificent. I have been to Murrayfield for a Scotland game and the atmosphere was zero.

Would you advocate Liverpool's Kop becoming un-segregated, as well as the other three sides of Anfield? of course, the good thing about having this argument is that you are never going to see it happen.

Have you ever attended an Ayrshire junior , madness utter madness

Never going to see it happen? Aye right maybe, except that we do see it happen. We see it happen in every other passionate sport. Do Andy Murrays fans have to be segregated from Novak Djokovic? The answer of course is no - not even on Henman Hill where the worst of the nationalists sit. At the Commonwealth games did we have to segregate Scottish and English fans? Nope - yet they couldn't have been more passionate, or more full of nationalistic fervour? Actually we didn't even have to segregate the Pakistani supporters from the Indians FFS. At the World Cup - a cesspit of corruption apparently - fans of different nationalities sit in whatever end they can get tickets for without any sign of trouble. And since you love citing Liverpool - their fans will happily sit in an unsegregated area and watch football matches with Everton fans without any sign of trouble. But again you suggest it can't be done cause 20 odd St Mirren fans might cause a bit of bother with 20 odd Morton fans, or you suggest it shouldn't be done because you can't tolerate one Falkirk fan shouting something you believe to be inappropriate!

Maybe instead of pandering to the minorities in the game decent fans should be getting those arseholes ejected from stadiums and ensuring they don't get back in until they've learned how to behave appropriately and to stop spoiling the occasion for everyone else.

Never going to see it happen? Aye right maybe, except that we do see it happen. We see it happen in every other passionate sport. Do Andy Murrays fans have to be segregated from Novak Djokovic? The answer of course is no - not even on Henman Hill where the worst of the nationalists sit. At the Commonwealth games did we have to segregate Scottish and English fans? Nope - yet they couldn't have been more passionate, or more full of nationalistic fervour? Actually we didn't even have to segregate the Pakistani supporters from the Indians FFS. At the World Cup - a cesspit of corruption apparently - fans of different nationalities sit in whatever end they can get tickets for without any sign of trouble. And since you love citing Liverpool - their fans will happily sit in an unsegregated area and watch football matches with Everton fans without any sign of trouble. But again you suggest it can't be done cause 20 odd St Mirren fans might cause a bit of bother with 20 odd Morton fans, or you suggest it shouldn't be done because you can't tolerate one Falkirk fan shouting something you believe to be inappropriate!

Maybe instead of pandering to the minorities in the game decent fans should be getting those arseholes ejected from stadiums and ensuring they don't get back in until they've learned how to behave appropriately and to stop spoiling the occasion for everyone else.

What a crock of shite. Simply no other way to describe it.

What a crock of shite. Simply no other way to describe it.

The crock of shite was your anecdote about how one fan shouting "get into these Paisley junkies" spoiled your afternoon at the football and left you feeling you couldn't have Falkirk and St Mirren fans sitting side by side without violence erupting everywhere. :rolleyes:

Brilliant, you must sit near me. I've got a mate who's a ref, but the highest he can do right now is run the line at Championship level. I can't wait till he pitches up at St.Mirren Park next season and faces these nutters.