West Stand Un-Reserved Seating W6/w7

The reason clubs like season tickets is because it gives them cash flow over the summer.

No surprise to read oaksoft wanting to do away with season tickets

He's a clueless fan who has no idea about how a football club operates. He can't grasp simple economics.

Little wonder mind. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, lecture.

And it also ties in with his past support and condoning of the old firm and sectarianism.

A very odious character is oaksoft.

I agree with Stuart Dickson about doing away with segregation.

The one caveat is that segregation is needed when the old firm visit. I wouldn't want to sit next to those violent animals.

Maybe oaksoft would mind. I know he is an apologist for sectarianism.

But most folk wouldn't

Best solution of course would be to start a new league without the old firm and the we could do away with segregation altogether.

Rugby is a crock of shit.

That's all I have to add really.

That's a bit harsh Div

I work in Widnes - Rugby League territory- and through wwork regularly attend a number of super league fixtures where in local derbys like Warrington v Widnes or St. Helens v Wigan the atmosphere can be tribal at best ..... But unlike football fans for all clubs buy tkts for the Challenge cup at Wembley or Grand Final at old Trafford and it's totally unsegregated seating - I've been to both and not a hint of trouble- oh and at Wembley you can sit and drink your way through the match!!!

That's a bit harsh Div

I work in Widnes - Rugby League territory- and through wwork regularly attend a number of super league fixtures where in local derbys like Warrington v Widnes or St. Helens v Wigan the atmosphere can be tribal at best ..... But unlike football fans for all clubs buy tkts for the Challenge cup at Wembley or Grand Final at old Trafford and it's totally unsegregated seating - I've been to both and not a hint of trouble- oh and at Wembley you can sit and drink your way through the match!!!

I think you'll find there have been a couple of fairly serious "rammies" at Rugby League games in the last couple of years, the cricket too.

I agree with Stuart Dickson about doing away with segregation.

The one caveat is that segregation is needed when the old firm visit. I wouldn't want to sit next to those violent animals.

Maybe oaksoft would mind. I know he is an apologist for sectarianism.

But most folk wouldn't

Best solution of course would be to start a new league without the old firm and the we could do away with segregation altogether.

Very Good Stuart.... 1eye.gif

That's no way to speak of the dead.....

Toshie RIP

The one I'm referring to is very much alive. To alive for some on here.

Never regarded Toshie as troublesome, just very passionate and vocal. Was the nicest man you could ever meet.

Rugby is a crock of shit.

That's all I have to add really.

I don't mind watching Scotland in big games, even though we're shite. I like Aussie rugby league, and follow the fortunes of Manly Sea Eagles. The NFL is my bag though, love it, but can understand why folk think it's rubbish - no different to me liking a band like Rush while others think they are the devil's spawn.

It's basketball and horse racing I detest. Can't stand either of them. Anyway.... Stil chortling at 'Andy Murray fans can sit beside Roger Federer fans without it kicking off' pish....

Still waiting for a theory on how this world of unsegregated love, peace and understanding is going to work out at River Plate v Boca Juniors, Galatasaray v Fenerbache, West Ham v Millwall, Ajax v Feyenoord....

Edited by pozbaird

His name is Andy. Different guy altogether from Dicko. Arguably a better troll than SD.

Bring back Captain Sensible and the long ball stats. We need a Hendrie Blitzkrieg attack system next season to win the league.

Hmmm so Nosferatu is CS .... not having several aliases on a football forum myself, it's hard to keep up. What happened to him and SD arguing with each other that was much funnier? I suppose they have multiple aliases to argue with themselves bangin.gif

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

As far as I know W6/W7 doesn't have season ticket holders for the sole purpose of being available for overspill of larger visiting supports. The North end of the Main Stand does have Season Ticket holders and it isn't suitable for segregation as there are only 3 turnstiles right next to each other, 1 toilet, 1 catering kiosk.

I haven't been in the West Stand so can't comment on turnstiles/toilets etc.

I don't mind watching Scotland in big games, even though we're shite. I like Aussie rugby league, and follow the fortunes of Manly Sea Eagles. The NFL is my bag though, love it, but can understand why folk think it's rubbish - no different to me liking a band like Rush while others think they are the devil's spawn.

It's basketball and horse racing I detest. Can't stand either of them. Anyway.... Stil chortling at 'Andy Murray fans can sit beside Roger Federer fans without it kicking off' pish....

Still waiting for a theory on how this world of unsegregated love, peace and understanding is going to work out at River Plate v Boca Juniors, Galatasaray v Fenerbache, West Ham v Millwall, Ajax v Feyenoord....

I'm the same Poz, except I'm not that keen on the NFL, but all sports have their own merits and it's just a matter personal choice. I love Rugby League ( although it's the South Sydney Rabbitohs that are my team ) and I love Cricket, am a fan of Rugby Union ( the NSW Waratahs in the Super Rugby and the Glasgow Warriors in the Pro 12 ) but football, and St Mirren are my greatest sporting love and that is my choice.

Widnes have had a few incidents of crowd trouble at games very recently against Castleford, Wakefield and Warrington.

Hah - I'd forgotten about the Cas game - I didn't attend - it was at a neutral venue most commentators agree wasn't fit for purpose for the semi final - they should have used Salford or Huddersfield instead - but back to my original point - for the big finals - fans buy tickets without knowing who will be contesting the final - it's viewed as big drinking day out by all - it's well contested and neutrals just pick a team and get behind them.

Are you are aware of the magic weekend concept - this year it is being played in Newcastle but it's been in Edinburgh and London- it's where all the fixture for that round of games are played over 2 days at a neutral stadium- games are usually derbies and again - no segregation

Can you imagine football doing that ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2721262/Widnes-beat-Castleford-reach-Challenge-Cup-final-chaotic-scenes-final-whistle-fans-invade-pitch-fights-break-out.html

I went to a rugby game a couple of years ago, with a 30,000 odd crowd at Murrayfield. Folk were drinking and engaged with the game, but there wasn't much shouting or noise compared to any football match I've been to. There was unquestonably a different class of clientele at the rugger, but it was a strange atmosphere. I concluded at the time that the spectators probably didn't get too excited at the game because, ultimately, rugby doesn't matter as much to people as football does.

GIRFUY Finlay, Farquhar, Crawford, Hugo etc!!

I was at that very same rugby match that Stu Dick referred to and the atmosphere was pish. Never been as bored in my life.

Which one? The Scotland v Italy match had a great deal of noise and it was quite an exciting match with Italy stealing the win right at the end. The Edinburgh v Glasgow game was very one sided and as a result pretty boring on a freezing cold night but there was still plenty of noise - certainly considerably more than I've heard at Greenhill Road in any of the 3 or 4 games I attended this season.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a rugby fan. I get dragged along to matches by my girlfriend and some of her friends. Typically I go for the pre or after match meal and to consume enough alcohol to make the fact that I'm getting a lift home worth it. However it's ridiculous to claim as Pozbaird has done that somehow rugby fans are less passionate than football fans.

Like Poz I enjoy the NFL more. I wouldn't go to Wembley for the franchised pish drip fed to the UK market though. I prefer to go to Tampa and watch the Buccaneers getting f**ked off whoever they are playing that day. It's a good day out, with passionate fans who take the game really seriously, who shout all manner of out of order comments at the opposition, and yet they do that whilst often sitting right next to fans supporting the opposition. I'm told that only Oakland v San Francisco matches are different from the rest where the tailgate parties see opposition supporters sharing alcohol and food and where they all sit together in the stadium despite all the supporters having a legal right to carry guns.

I was asked in another thread to find out the clubs position on ensuring there is an area of the West Stand kept for un-reserved seating. The thinking being that a season ticket holder bringing a mate(s) along to a game would be gratefulfor the option of sitting with them in the un-reserved seating area.

The original question i was asked was why W5 was not kept open. This is the answer I got back from Brian this morning;

W5 is the section that we sell season tickets up to almost half way? Most people have renewed in this area.

We will of course open W5 as much as possible next season as we normally do but it actually saves us stewarding for small supports to allow them to occupy W6 & W7 and segregate and keep North closed.

Looking at opposition can only see that being relevant for maybe Alloa, possibly Livi and possibly Dumbarton although Hibs/Rangers/Morton/Motherwell may go over capacity in North Stand and may require W6/7.

We always where possible keep W5 from seat 130 available and W6 onwards for anyone who wants to bring a friend and be assured if it works we want to encourage people especially new people to come along!

I hope the stewards will also be made aware of this. Whilst sitting in W6, I witnessed two young men move from W1 or W2 to W6 for the second half when the stewards came up and inspected their tickets and then told them to go back to their allocated seats. The stadium was half empty. The guys looked like students or tourists and I've never seen them before or since.

On a side note, I would love for St.Mirren to consider an iniative like this for fans...........http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2014/09/16/new-fir-park-flexi-ticket/

I can't make mid week games which there were 4 of last year not including Friday's or cup ties therefore I don't find it worthwhile to buy a season ticket but would certainly buy a ten game match package.

Like Poz I enjoy the NFL more. I wouldn't go to Wembley for the franchised pish drip fed to the UK market though. I prefer to go to Tampa and watch the Buccaneers getting f**ked off whoever they are playing that day.

I genuinely do not understand this. The games at Wembley are regular season NFL games, indeed this season sees the first divisional game in London between Miami Dolphins and the New York Jets. This is the equivalent of Man Utd v Liverpool being played in New York, and I do not mean a pre-season tour game, I mean a proper 3 points for grabs league game.

I think we should be able to allow away fan families to mingle with home fan families in the family stand. Suppose all it takes is 1 idiot to say something stupid and the panda club could kick off and start a riot.

I think a couple of other clubs do this so away fans can benefit from the same family discounts as the home fans.

Which one? The Scotland v Italy match had a great deal of noise and it was quite an exciting match with Italy stealing the win right at the end. The Edinburgh v Glasgow game was very one sided and as a result pretty boring on a freezing cold night but there was still plenty of noise - certainly considerably more than I've heard at Greenhill Road in any of the 3 or 4 games I attended this season.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a rugby fan. I get dragged along to matches by my girlfriend and some of her friends. Typically I go for the pre or after match meal and to consume enough alcohol to make the fact that I'm getting a lift home worth it. However it's ridiculous to claim as Pozbaird has done that somehow rugby fans are less passionate than football fans.

Like Poz I enjoy the NFL more. I wouldn't go to Wembley for the franchised pish drip fed to the UK market though. I prefer to go to Tampa and watch the Buccaneers getting f**ked off whoever they are playing that day. It's a good day out, with passionate fans who take the game really seriously, who shout all manner of out of order comments at the opposition, and yet they do that whilst often sitting right next to fans supporting the opposition. I'm told that only Oakland v San Francisco matches are different from the rest where the tailgate parties see opposition supporters sharing alcohol and food and where they all sit together in the stadium despite all the supporters having a legal right to carry guns.

The Scotland v Italy one. It was shit. I spent most of the match talking to an Aberdeen fan about football.

I think we should be able to allow away fan families to mingle with home fan families in the family stand. Suppose all it takes is 1 idiot to say something stupid and the panda club could kick off and start a riot.

I think a couple of other clubs do this so away fans can benefit from the same family discounts as the home fans.

They should also be allowed to take a bottle of water or fizzy juice into the game similar to England. Do they really think they are going to throw it at a player or official? Or is it so you have to buy it once inside at monopolised prices?