West Stand Un-Reserved Seating W6/w7

On the whole, our results in the DinkyDome FeegieField of Dreams have been pretty crap - but they were pretty crap in our final season at Love Street too. Every week, we updated match pages for the Final Chapter book and had to record yet another defeat, or a dismal 0-0 shitfest. During the period doing the book, I took in several games from the away stand, using our 'all access' passes for photos, and also to try sitting in enemy territory, never having watched a game from the Caley stand before.

From the Caley stand, you could hear the square root of fcuk-all noise from the 'North Bank choir'. The roof of the North Bank kept the sound in. It was an 'upturned V' shape. The away fans had the best deal - that was a superb stand to watch football from. Steep, good sightlines - unlike that away stand at Fir Park, where you can hardly see the goalline in front of you.

If we could have re-developed Love Street with four 'Caley stands' in a Tynecastle mode - now you're talking. Could we have done something along those lines? Have clubs in bigger financial trouble than us sold their spiritual homes? Motherwell? Hearts? Dundee? A Tesco deal that never even saw a Tesco built.

Initially I thought our new ground was OK - did the job. Now I hate it. The public space in the West Stand is small, cramped, grey and with about as much character as a soggy packet of cornflakes. The void has never been filled out, the disabled viewing facility is a disgrace, it is cold, situated near fcuk-all bar a burger van, and if it didn't have 'SMFC' on the seats, could be anywhere.

Hurrumph.

country music and shit weather ,you should have stayed home buddie

Not heard much country here to be fair. More rock and blues stuff. Cool city.... Not weatherwise though. Humidity is through the roof, like walking around in a steam room at a gym.

Polyester £7 King of Trainers Kiddies pirate costume top is melted on me...

Not heard much country here to be fair. More rock and blues stuff. Cool city.... Not weatherwise though. Humidity is through the roof, like walking around in a steam room at a gym.

Polyester £7 King of Trainers Kiddies pirate costume top is melted on me...

when was the last time you seen me poz,,steam room and gym aint 2 things I would know much about...but kiddies pirates now that's another thing

The new stadium does not bother me its only soulless because we have been fighting for our life trying to stay in the top league since we have moved there. Get the team playing good football and challenging for promotion you will soon have a great atmosphere at st Mirren park.

Hospitality area is a thousand miles in front of the old Love street facilities. There is only one area in the new stadium that's bad that being the length of the roof which is too short. My seat is near the back of the main stand if its raining you can still get wet sitting there that's my only complaint other wise its a nice wee stadium fit for purpose.

Do I miss old love st. All honesty not at all , I have memories fond memories going to the football with my father and brothers who are no longer with me but that's about it.

The singing from the West Stand is louder than it ever was from the North Bank.

Not from where I usually sit at the back of the South Stand, shull.

Don't get me wrong, Love Street was hardly a cauldron of noise, but at least it had a bit of character and soul to compensate.

What immediately struck me about the current stadium when we had a nosey during the early construction phase was pitch (or rake) of the stands. It needn't have numerous rows of seats to accommodate a decent, steeper pitch. That would have made a significant difference to the feel and atmosphere of the place, IMO.

Edited by Drew