Strikers? Lack Of?

It's almost July and we haven't signed any players let alone strikers, why?

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes around new players so no new players does not mean no activity. I have to say I am surprised at the players Rangers and Falkirk have brought in......oh wait, they have still to do so. We have over 6 weeks before aball is kicked in earnest. Have faith in the new manager.

Edited by nedflanders123

But we also started the season with Plummer as our 1st choice central defender. A guy I think was never interested in being here. A real risk with loan players and something that set us off on the wrong foot.

True, the loanees of 2012/13 were brilliant, but over the last 2 seasons they've been very poor overall.

I thought Plummer looked good first few games, but then he just looked in a bit of a mood. Personally, just my opinion, I blame Goodwin and Cheesy.

We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes around new players so no new players does not mean no activity. I have to say I am surprised at the players Rangers and Falkirk have brought in......oh wait, they have still to do so. We have over 6 weeks before aball is kicked in earnest. Have faith in the new manager.

Why do we need to have faith in the new manager?

I had no faith in tommy Craig last season and I was right (as I always am).

Its good to have an opinion as opposed to sitting on the fence and happy clapping.

I'll have some faith in the new manager if we win some games and not before.

To be fair , Rankers will simply repeat their stupidity & pay daft wages to get who they want & falkirk still have the nucleus of the team they finished the season with.

To be fair , Rankers will simply repeat their stupidity & pay daft wages to get who they want & falkirk still have the nucleus of the team they finished the season with.

My point is not about the quality of player moreso that, like us and a number of other teams, players have still to be brought in. Falkirk have lost their top scorer to Dimdee.

Why do we need to have faith in the new manager?

I had no faith in tommy Craig last season and I was right (as I always am).

Its good to have an opinion as opposed to sitting on the fence and happy clapping.

I'll have some faith in the new manager if we win some games and not before.

Part of supporting a football club is getting behind the whole club from the BOD, Manager and team. Moreso at a provincial club like St Mirre. You have already prejudged our new manager before his squad is complete and a ball is kicked. You even compare him to TC without him managing one game with us.

He is the manager, whether you like it or not, and many on here backed TC despite being unhappy with the appointment. I will give any St Mirren manager my full support as I will do with whoever wears the strip. Nothing to do with being a happy clapper but just someone looking forward rather than, like you looking back.

This is a time for fans and everyone associated with the club to pull together We have been relegated and now begin the journey back to the top. Personally, I feel you will be the first to vent your negative comments at the first and every other opportunity. Just out of curiosity, who would you have chosen as our new manager?

Looks like pre season is doon the pitz just enough for 5 a sides barring any injuries

This isn't aimed at the new manager but we are a bit slow bringing people in

I do know they have put offers in for a couple of players but these players haven't put pen to paper yet

Still don't understand why we got rid of our younger forwards at the summer there

Looks like pre season is doon the pitz just enough for 5 a sides barring any injuries

This isn't aimed at the new manager but we are a bit slow bringing people in

I do know they have put offers in for a couple of players but these players haven't put pen to paper yet

Still don't understand why we got rid of our younger forwards at the summer there

Certainly not the managers fault, he wanted players signed before now, it's down to Caldwell to get the guys signed up that the manager wants. Edited by JJ McG

Maybe because they are not good enough? There will be a lot of players out of contract at end of month. Still time.

This is every season recently but we keep on midfielders and defenders.

Sending out a very poor message for the younger team's forwards.

Doesn't seem to be the same level of patience shown in this area.

One of the forwards released picked up by a SPL side

Hopefully we'll get a few signed up this week. Am I right in saying that pre-season starts on Friday? Or am I just making that up?

Don't think its going to be much of a turn out for it, is it 7 or 8 players we have signed up?

The pre season is about to start it would have been nice to see a few new faces in for that. We can't wait until the season starts and sign near the close of the window because we don't have any strikers full stop, they need to be brought in soon.

I'm sure it's just a matter of time .

With less money kicking about , we can't really afford to make the same mistakes as recent times .

I'm happy enough waiting that wee bit longer if it means we get the right type in .

better having a manager who takes his time to get right players

than just bringing them in to make up numbers,

every signing has to be the 100% correct for our needs,and fit in to type off play

our new manager intends to play,should think signings should start to happen at start off July

the board will be happy saved a pack in wages ,giving murray more to spend

keep the faith

Part of supporting a football club is getting behind the whole club from the BOD, Manager and team. Moreso at a provincial club like St Mirre. You have already prejudged our new manager before his squad is complete and a ball is kicked. You even compare him to TC without him managing one game with us.

He is the manager, whether you like it or not, and many on here backed TC despite being unhappy with the appointment. I will give any St Mirren manager my full support as I will do with whoever wears the strip. Nothing to do with being a happy clapper but just someone looking forward rather than, like you looking back.

This is a time for fans and everyone associated with the club to pull together We have been relegated and now begin the journey back to the top. Personally, I feel you will be the first to vent your negative comments at the first and every other opportunity. Just out of curiosity, who would you have chosen as our new manager?

I haven't compared the new manager with tc at all.

But you just did...

Ian Murray is back at his desk today where i,m sure he will be forming the squad he wants for the coming season and as a young and hungry manager i,m sure he will not want to replicate the signing disasters we have had for a couple of seasons now.I for one want him to take his time and make the correct signings which will enable us to rebuild.I dont expect us to win the league but i would hope we will have a team capable of being in the top 4 in time for league reconstruction next year(hopefully it wont go to ten team league).

New manager,new strip,new hope.

As have Hibs

That's good news for us and the rest of the league. Did you see them in their cup semi final and the playoffs against The New Club? Utterly hopeless.

I was fearing they might have a clear out and bring in a whole new team, if they're aren't then the joke's on them and Stubbs will be sacked by Christmas.

That's good news for us and the rest of the league. Did you see them in their cup semi final and the playoffs against The New Club? Utterly hopeless.

I was fearing they might have a clear out and bring in a whole new team, if they're aren't then the joke's on them and Stubbs will be sacked by Christmas.

They finished second in the league to a very good Hearts team. I don't think that they were all that bad.