James Keatings

He's an ex Wishaw Wycombe lad. I know him pretty well and I said on here a few weeks ago that he was going to be available this summer. He'd be a great signing for St Mirren but he's been a close friend of Stephen O'Donnell since they were about 6 or 7 years old. I can imagine that would make Partick Thistle a huge draw for him.

As far as I know he hasn't been injured at all - it's just Neilson preferred to go with Osman Sow up top which frankly seemed fair enough all season long.

BTW another ex Wishaw Wycombe lad is out of contract this summer and I think he'd be a good addition to the squad as well - ex Celtic and former Scotland Under 16's captain Lewis Kidd. He's been making good progress at Queen of the South over the last year but his contract has expired. He's a great lad with a good attitude and workrate and he's definitely one that is on the way up. He's also proven at Championship level.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

He's an ex Wishaw Wycombe lad. I know him pretty well and I said on here a few weeks ago that he was going to be available this summer. He'd be a great signing for St Mirren but he's been a close friend of Stephen O'Donnell since they were about 6 or 7 years old. I can imagine that would make Partick Thistle a huge draw for him.

Think O'Donnell might be away, pretty sure he's out of contract and a lot of Thistle fans expect him to have a few offers from down south. He might re-sign though, so it's possible.

We have no chance of signing him with killie and Patrick interested I'm afraid.

Took 12 posts before we saw the 'other clubs are interested so why bother' line which is a bit slow.

Speak to his agent, see what he wants and if we can accommodate it then business can be done. Don't talk yourself out of it before it's begun.

I don't see why the lad Keatings wouldn't at least speak to us before he makes a decision on what club he's eventually going to sign for. I've got a Hearts supporting mate who describes him as an ideal striker for the championship but maybe not quite up to the premier level.

Yeah, I've heard him compared to Stewart Kean. If that's the case then happy to have him in the Championship.

We have no chance of signing him with killie and Patrick interested I'm afraid.

Would be a fantastic signing but there's no chance we will get him.

Don'tcha just love these forum clairvoyants?

(epecially JJ The Miserable)

Keato.. Keato..

Carol. Carol..