14 Mallan, Stephen MID
15 Baird, Jack DEF
16 Agnew, Scott MID
17 Morgan, Lewis MID
18 McLear, Lewis MID
19 Cuddihy, Barry MID
49 Callaghan, Allan (sponsor) SPR
50 Fulton, Jack (sponsor) SPR

A distinct lack of the letters FWD in that list. Hopefully some movement soon in that area. McMullan listed as a forward there but would almost certainly play wide if we had another option up top...

For what it's worth, this would be my team for tomorrow...

-------------Ridgers

-------Baird---------Kelly

Naismith----------------Conlan

--------Mallan----Agnew

------------Howieson

McMullan-------------McLear

-----------Thompson

Gives us a strong looking bench of...

Wilks

Goodwin

Carswell

Cuddihy

Gow

ETA...tempted by Gow up front, just looked a bit more mobile than Thompson, but the big man just got the nod, I'd back him against League 2 opposition.

Edited by Saint Garf

A distinct lack of the letters FWD in that list. Hopefully some movement soon in that area. McMullan listed as a forward there but would almost certainly play wide if we had another option up top...

-------------Ridgers

--------Mallan----Agnew

------------Howieson

-----------Thompson

Wilks

Goodwin

Carswell

Cuddihy

Gow

ETA...tempted by Gow up front, just looked a bit more mobile than Thompson, but the big man just got the nod, I'd back him against League 2 opposition.

We now have such a large squad, there is not even space for Morgan on the bench

-------------Ridgers

--------Mallan----Agnew

------------Howieson

-----------Thompson

Wilks

Goodwin

Carswell

Cuddihy

Gow

There's no danger Carswell will be a sub for us, he'll be a key player this season.

Ridgers (GK)

Naismith (RB)

Conlan (LB)

Goodwin (CB)

Kelly (CB)

McMullan (RM)

Carswell (CM)

Mallan (CM)

Agnew (CM)

Howieson (LM)

Thompson (CF)

With Agnew attacking from midfield to support Thommo, that's how I would line up at the moment.

Ridgers (GK)

Naismith (RB)

Conlan (LB)

Goodwin (CB)

Kelly (CB)

McMullan (RM)

Carswell (CM)

Mallan (CM)

Agnew (CM)

Howieson (LM)

Thompson (CF)

With Agnew attacking from midfield to support Thommo, that's how I would line up at the moment.

That looks like our best line up. Nor sure how attacking Agnew is. I thought Howieson drifted - a bit Stark like- into a couple of good positions against Bradford (without the ball unfortunately) I hope it's Howieson that turns out to be an attacking threat. Looking forward to tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

If we get Shankland, Langfield (or another experienced keeper) and a decent centre half I'll be getting towards being happy with the squad.

Only a couple of concerns; I would be a bit worried if anything happened to Naismith, as we don't have much cover for right-back, still thinking that Rooney was maybe a bit of a missed opportunity. And a little worried about grit in midfield if Goodwin isn't playing, especially with Murray mentioning this evening how the Championship can be more physical than tactical at times. Every chance that Carswell and/or Agnew are capable, it's hard to tell in friendlies, but they look more cultured than combative.

But, to be honest, these are pretty minor concerns, mostly based on big "What ifs" so overall I'm pretty pleased. Roll on Friday!

Edited by Saint Garf

In an ideal world, we'd have cover for both full back positions (in addition to another centre half). As always, availability of funds will be the stumbling block.

The manager is right to talk up the current squad, but will know where we need to strengthen.

In an ideal world, we'd have cover for both full back positions (in addition to another centre half). As always, availability of funds will be the stumbling block.

The manager is right to talk up the current squad, but will know where we need to strengthen.

We already have cover in the u20s surely?