So Farewell Then....... Chat Show Charlie

stlucifer

Really saddened by this. I've never been a supporter of the Lib Dems, but I always admired him. He seemed a genuinely nice guy, a bit too nice for frontline politics actually.

I thought he campaigned very well for No during the referendum last year. I actually thought he was one of very few major politicians on the no side to have a good campaign.

Was hoping he'd stand for Holyrood in May. His presence, experience and voice in the Scottish Parliament would have been most welcome. Sadly it was not to be, RIP.

Sad news indeed. Seemed, at heart, a genuinely decent bloke. However, due to his problems over the last ten years or so I was never totally convinced that he was fully analytical in his position on a number of things. Bacling the No campaign in the indy ref being a case in point. His position was unfortunate as I also believe that he would have been a huge personality in the Scottish Parliament. (Independent or otherwise.)

Perhaps the shining exception to that loss of focus was his opposition to the Iraq war. He raised his game big time to cut throught the bullshit that was being spouted to justify this illegal war.

Either way, a man who was mindful of his own background and so his main function as serving his constituents to the full.

A certain Mr Carmichael would do well to reflect on what the LibDems have lost.........