Orangefest 2015

Guest TPAFKATS

It offends me if they hold me up.

They should only be allowed to march on the inside lane of roads with two lanes for their direction of travel. As soon as they get to a parked car they should have to stop and end the march/walk/saunter/drunken meander.

Aye, because you don't know where the will be and you will be held up. 1eye.gif

Here's a tip, avoid them, sorted, bye1.gif

Seems people like to have a moan for the fcuking sake of it..................oops. lol.gif

You're quite right, I don't know where they are going to be, or when they are going to be there, as I have absolutely no interest in them. Why would I? It's a bit silly for you to presume that other people take as much of an interest in the plans of a horrible bigoted organisation as you do.

There's also the point that some people, bus drivers for example, don't have the luxury of going a different route or leaving 10 minutes earlier to avoid them. I used to be a bus driver, I believe I've mentioned it on here quite a few times.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Over the years I've become expert at avoiding Orange parades and that can be quite a trick over here. I f**ked up last Saturday when I had to catch a train and found the centre of Bangor at a halt with some parade I hadn't heard about. When I got back to Bangor in the evening some of the bands' groupies were gathering at the station to head back to Belfast. What a sight most of them were, male and female. Scum doesn't describe a lot of them adequately.

I've said time and again that if I never see another Orange parade it will be far too soon. But. Where have all you democrats gone? Every bloody cookie organisation under the sun is allowed to meet and parade anywhere in the UK almost without exception. Because it's their democratic right apparently. No matter how odious at times a majority of the population feels. Fancy a protest about a gay wedding cake? Foxhunting? Pro PLO? Pro IS? Pro Sinn Fein? Pro DUP? Pro SEVCO? Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I don't know what Orangefest is about and I don't care. I assume it's one day a year and it has been known to the public for a while. Just stay away. I seem to remember that last year after some wee local election in Scotland George Square became almost a no-go area for a time when some of the population didn't like a democratic decision that offended them. C'est la vie. They made their point. Did they have permission? I believe Orangefest has.Is democracy just an occasional concept now?

There's also the point that some people, bus drivers for example, don't have the luxury of going a different route or leaving 10 minutes earlier to avoid them. I used to be a bus driver, I believe I've mentioned it on here quite a few times.

Er...

Was that no' me...? :unsure:

Valid points well made Rick. There speaks a man of great experience. Ya old git.

I'm looking forward to catching the highlights on TV later..............

.............I can't wait to see the damage caused by the 45mph winds and it is raining constantly all day.

Feckin June? British Summer Time my arse.

I blame Cheesy. Ever since he finished at Saints it has been raining and cold every day. Even God is upset.

The wonders of a Scottish summer look like it will dilute the Orange fest. I hope its a disaster which costs them a fortune.

The wonders of a Scottish summer look like it will dilute the Orange fest. I hope its a disaster which costs them a fortune.

That would a shame. :(

I was just wondering if this festival was perhaps being financed/organised by Dave Kingzo - and that's why he's been keeping so quiet, of late. :unsure:

Aye, because you don't know where the will be and you will be held up. 1eye.gif

Here's a tip, avoid them, sorted, bye1.gif

Seems people like to have a moan for the fcuking sake of it..................oops. lol.gif

Not so easy if you want to get to somewhere close to where they decide is THEIR route. Or do you suggest it's ok for them to determine when and where we will be allowed to go? I believe it's ludicrous that public servants, ie the police, are stopping traffic in the centre of a town so this mob, and the other, can force their bile on us.

Not so easy if you want to get to somewhere close to where they decide is THEIR route. Or do you suggest it's ok for them to determine when and where we will be allowed to go? I believe it's ludicrous that public servants, ie the police, are stopping traffic in the centre of a town so this mob, and the other, can force their bile on us.

Do you know that in the 50's the polis used to shut off Back Sneddon, St.James's Avenue and the Greenock Road to let the circus parade to The Racecourse. Nerve of them. Nothing but animals, messing up our streets. Elephants don't half shite. It's well known that **** and Orangemen on the other hand only piss in the toilettes publique.

Guest TPAFKATS

Its not about the banning of their democratic right to march.God knows they do enough of that, this is about an extra day when they take over the city centre that the cooncil have authorised and indeed promoted.

thank f**k for mother nature

I don't know what Orangefest is about and I don't care. I assume it's one day a year and it has been known to the public for a while. Just stay away. I seem to remember that last year after some wee local election in Scotland George Square became almost a no-go area for a time when some of the population didn't like a democratic decision that offended them. C'est la vie. They made their point. Did they have permission? I believe Orangefest has.Is democracy just an occasional concept now?

Actually, they were gathering to console themselves at losing, in a peaceful and dignified manner.

Unfortunately the very scum that will be polluting the centre of Glasgow turned up and brought with them the violence and pond life behaviour that we're used to from them.

But then, most of us have been able to move on from whining the referendum.wink.png

Its not about the banning of their democratic right to march.God knows they do enough of that, this is about an extra day when they take over the city centre that the cooncil have authorised and indeed promoted.

thank f**k for mother nature

They march every week these days

I stay clear except the day they marched right through our village

Nothing against the suited and booted as they were behaved but the Oldco tracksuit and top lot pissing in our gardens and dumping their empty buckie and mad dog bottles as well.Who gives the go ahead for these events as the Police watch it going on and do nothing

Guest TPAFKATS

The local cooncil gives the go ahead. Matheson owes the lodge and has allowed extra marches since they helped him get elected.

GCC also made it more difficult to have any kind of gathering at short notice. Obviously not a problem if your marches are the same day or weekend for 300 odd years...

It offends me if they hold me up.

They should only be allowed to march on the inside lane of roads with two lanes for their direction of travel. As soon as they get to a parked car they should have to stop and end the march/walk/saunter/drunken meander.

really, you shouldnae give a toss

Streets are clogged up with half-marathons, breast cancer runs and children's parades and we don't get upset at that. Ignoring orangefest really is the best thing

Edited by beyond our ken

Guest TPAFKATS

read in paper today there were no arrests and no trouble ,that will have upset a few st Mirren (cough cough )

supporters on here

Aye, cos only NON St. Mirren fans find a cooncil supported festival of orangeness objectionable.