St Mirren Signing Tactic

Does anyone else think we're not signing anyone just now purely to save money

Let's say we leave ours gongs till last week on June beg July. We save paying players wages for 4/5 weeks. But could backfire with likes of dundee and hibs signing the best players in championship

No.

I demand to know now why you didn't post this information earlier.If only we had known we have no patience as a fanbase we could have done something about it.

Give us a signing and a Strip release date FFS.

Edited by ADMITCHELL

Does anyone else think we've not signed anyone yet because the season is only just finished and we've only just appointed a new manager who by his own admission is still to speak to a few of our players(therefore we don't know who will accept new deals, pay off etc).

Does anyone else think we've not signed anyone yet because the season is only just finished and we've only just appointed a new manager who by his own admission is still to speak to a few of our players(therefore we don't know who will accept new deals, pay off etc).

Or could it be he decided to think about himself and family first and buggered off on holiday that he probably booked ages ago without a thought for us fans , selfish swine ,anyway "Murray Gies a Signing".

Exactly. We will sign players but we have two months till the new season starts so there is no need to panic although I'd like to see a few in before pre season starts.

Or could it be he decided to think about himself and family first and buggered off on holiday that he probably booked ages ago without a thought for us fans , selfish swine ,anyway "Murray Gies a Signing".

Indeed.

I imagine he advised the club that he had a family booked when interviewed/offered the post. In which case, if anyone has a grievance about the guy taking a holiday (no doubt his family had been looking forward to it, as families usually do), perhaps they should raise it with the club.

You mean like Stevie Aitken , who has signed two players already ?

Indeed.

I imagine he advised the club that he had a family booked when interviewed/offered the post. In which case, if anyone has a grievance about the guy taking a holiday (no doubt his family had been looking forward to it, as families usually do), perhaps they should raise it with the club.

What did he book first the family or the holiday?unsure.png

Let's say we leave ours gongs till last week on June beg July. We save paying players wages for 4/5 weeks. But could backfire with likes of dundee and hibs signing the best players in championship

Wouldn't any new signings contract only start from day 1 of pre season training anyway even if we did sign them last today (or last week for that matter)

Steve Aitken is signing part time players - very different than signing full time players. Most PT players are on 1 year deals and their contract expires as soon as the season finishes.

Until the players that are still under contract decide what they are doing I think Murray's hands are tied with regards to new signings.

Wouldn't any new signings contract only start from day 1 of pre season training anyway even if we did sign them last today (or last week for that matter)

Most new signings contracts start 1st July, even if we did sign some new players it would be 1st July before we start paying them.

I would suggest we all start with a long, low 'Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...', maybe standing and waving our fingers in the air as we do it, as if we were playing an invisible airborne piano.

Hold the 'ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' for as long as possible, before moving smoothly into '...when the Saints', and which point we all clap along with the rhythm. Pick up the pace of the song as you go through.

That would be my singing tactic, anyway.

Have not read another post on this thread because I am a bit flabbergasted at your statement.

Seriously you thing we are not signing anyone to save money.

Why does the closed season bring out the worst posts of the year !

Players not considered good enough for a rank rotten Dunfermline team? Aye right Billy. I would rather we got the right players in than panic buy like our last 2 managers did. IM had still to know what his depth of squad is via who else goes and who is staying. Then he will know which positions to strengthen etc.

at least this manager can take his time

we dont need to rush yet,no panic signings who we then pay off .

dont see nothing happening for at least 2/3 weeks .players off on holidays

manager will need too know budget now that season ticket money coming in and

mcginn not sorted yet so more cash maybe available

would rather look at lower league and pick up some gems like dundee utd .

than has been journey men,

in murray we trust

remenber danny had 2 teams at ayr utd in his first game ..