Premier League Best 11

As we bid farewell to the top tier and wait for IM to get back from hols, thought it might be good to re-live the last (near) decade.

So I put together my favourite team of the Premier league era just finished. Not necessarily the best, just my favourites.

Just players who played the at least most of a season since Gus took us up til Tommy took us down:

GK Gallacher

LB Carey

RB Barron

CB Broadfoot

CB McGregor

M Murray

M McGowan

M J McGinn

M Dorman

CF Goncalves

CF Thompson

Subs: Samson, Dummett, Haining, Newton, McLean, Dargo, Sutton

What's other folks' top 11?

GK Samson (we've struggled here)

LB Dummet

CH Broadfoot

CH Haining

RB Ross

LM Lappin

CM McLean

CAM Dorman

RM Murray

CF Higdon

CF Thompson

Subs Ridgers McAusland Carey McGowan Brady Mehmet Sutton

Edited by davidg

Smith

Haddad Camara

Puri Mooy McCluskey Tonet McCay

Arquin Loy Marwood

How can you even think of having Smith in there when we have the star that was Cornell, or even Loy, who had potential, when we can have Bahoken!!

I can't believe the number of people opting for Teale. He was a poor signing for us over his entire playing time.

Will always be remembered for setting up the goal in the final but overall a majorly disappointing signing.

He was immense that whole season and was a contender for POTY. How can you label that as 'majorly disappointing'?

He was immense that whole season and was a contender for POTY. How can you label that as 'majorly disappointing'?

That's my opinion and he was far from immense for that whole season. His 1 goal and lack of a final ball really made him immense.

Great play in the final but for a player with his cv he was a major disappointment.

That's my opinion and he was far from immense for that whole season. His 1 goal and lack of a final ball really made him immense.

Great play in the final but for a player with his cv he was a major disappointment.

Would love to see this sites POTY fans poll for that year, if memory serves me right he was second behind Thompson. I've searched for it but can't find it.

He had an assist in the semi, had a stormer in the quarters including scoring in the penalty shoot out and had several assists throughout the entire season.

' Majorly disappointing ' is certainly not how I'd describe his tenure as a player at St Mirren.

Would love to see this sites POTY fans poll for that year, if memory serves me right he was second behind Thompson. I've searched for it but can't find it.

He had an assist in the semi, had a stormer in the quarters including scoring in the penalty shoot out and had several assists throughout the entire season.

' Majorly disappointing ' is certainly not how I'd describe his tenure as a player at St Mirren.

1 ok season out of 4.

0 league goals.

With the cv and expectations that came with this signing, I'd say Brian Caldwells pal was a majorly disappointing signing.

1 ok season out of 4.

0 league goals.

With the cv and expectations that came with this signing, I'd say Brian Caldwells pal was a majorly disappointing signing.

Ok season is POTY runner up and playing a major role in our cup win? What's a good season in your book? :lol:

He's an out and out winger, goal scoring isn't a wingers job. Assists are, and he's got plenty of them.

First season he wasn't the best, but he showed some good touches and scored a peach of a free kick at Cappielow. Last two seasons he's never been fully fit.

Ok season is POTY runner up and playing a major role in our cup win? What's a good season in your book? :lol:

He's an out and out winger, goal scoring isn't a wingers job. Assists are, and he's got plenty of them.

First season he wasn't the best, but he showed some good touches and scored a peach of a free kick at Cappielow. Last two seasons he's never been fully fit.

Plenty of assists? :lol

A peach of a free kick preseason, brilliant, eh?

Last 2 seasons (that's 50% of his time here) never been fully fit, for a high earner that's certainly disappointing.....

Edited by davidg

Plenty of assists? :lol

A peach of a free kick preseason, brilliant, eh?

Last 2 seasons (that's 50% of his time here) never been fully fit, for a high earner that's certainly disappointing.....

You don't see making an assist as a skill for a winger...?

The free kick wasn't in pre season :lol:

Can't blame him for not being fully fit. He was also the manager for half of one of those seasons.

You don't see making an assist as a skill for a winger...?

The free kick wasn't in pre season :lol:

Can't blame him for not being fully fit. He was also the manager for half of one of those seasons.

Fairdoos on the league cup goal, that made his 4 years well worth it...

1 spectacular goal doesn't mean anything. Even Jon Robertson managed this.

Can't blame hime for not being fully fit?

I agree that you can't blame him but that's half the reason he was disappointing.

And the second half of the season when he was manager isn't really a relevant argument as he would have been unfit to play as a contracted player.

His 4 years here were a major disappointment.

Edited by davidg