Scott Agnew

I'll ignore the persistent and tedious negativity.

That linked article is very positive about him, and written by a fan who has obviously seen him quite a bit. He sounds like a tricky, attacking midfielder who can hit a free kick and score with the odd long range effort. A left footer will give the midfield a bit of balance as well. Obviously, he'll be shite defensively as his team seem to have lost 79 goals last season, but he'll have to share the blame with the manager for that snore.gif

One of the many benefits of getting Ian Murray in was to have a manager who knows the division we'll be playing in, and have a fair knowledge of players in the lower leagues. If the manager thinks Scott Agnew will be a good fit for us, then I'm glad to welcome him aboard.

I agree with those who say that there are no priority positions this early, I'm sure many other players will follow and maybe a few more still to leave... Welcome to the club Scott I'm sure most supporters will give you a chance to show what you can do.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

So we apparently have a midfielder from the team that shipped 79' goals... Wonder if he will be joined by any of that elite defensive unit..?

Welcome aboard Scott, glad you could afford to join us.

Agnew is an attacking midfielder. Not entirely culpibile for the 70 odd goals I would surmise. But. Hey ho. I'm sure you'll find suitable evidence that he played in goals and was part of the back four in all those incidents.

Whatever floats your board.

And I do......

pity you that is.

FFS

Edited by stlucifer

I'm just concerned that Murray doesn't seem to be addressing our priorities in the exact order of their respective level of priority.

He should sit down and number each position in order, according to urgency, then bring players in, in that order. Straying from the list, or buying the number three before the number two, should result in immediate sacking.

Or some other equally insane rant to that effect.

Welcome to the madhouse, Scott.

Eh? That is just bizzar. Try putting this in order.... FCKU MATE SAKE FOR !

Scott Agnew may , or may not , be good enough for us but for now we must get behind Murray and his signings so we can hopefully hit the ground running when the season begins. If any of them don't shape up then the support won't be slow in making it known !

Scott Agnew may , or may not , be good enough for us but for now we must get behind Murray and his signings so we can hopefully hit the ground running when the season begins. If any of them don't shape up then the support won't be slow in making it known !

Totally agree.

Reckon Agnew has been signed as a squad player with the hope he can kick on. Probably his last shot at full time football so hopefully we are getting a player that's hungry to succeed.

Totally agree.

Reckon Agnew has been signed as a squad player with the hope he can kick on. Probably his last shot at full time football so hopefully we are getting a player that's hungry to succeed.

Looking at Wiki it lists his other career as a Community Coach so it's something that he could easily fall back to should it not work out.

Looking at Wiki it lists his other career as a Community Coach so it's something that he could easily fall back to should it not work out.

A coach at Ayr United Under 13's - or so I'm told by one of our guys - and also involved in Street League. I had wondered what type of full time career he would have walked away from at the age of 28 to play for St Mirren but coaching and playing seems to be his whole life.

I can't really comment on his playing ability. I would assume that I've seen him a few times in the past given his previous clubs but if I have watched him he's done nothing to make me follow his progress.

I can't really comment on his playing ability. I would assume that I've seen him a few times in the past given his previous clubs but if I have watched him he's done nothing to make me follow his progress.

Although the first part of your post was reasonably passive aggressive in belittling this chap, the quoted bit is even more impressive with the usual inferred slant against everything St.Mirren included for good measure.

Hopefully he scores on his debut as you settle into your seat courtesy of your brand new season ticket for St.Mirren Park (just to make you smile).

Edited by Bart Simpson

Although the first part of your post was reasonably passive aggressive in belittling this chap, the quoted bit is even more impressive with the usual inferred slant against everything St.Mirren included for good measure.

Hopefully he scores on his debut as you settle into your seat courtesy of your brand new season ticket for St.Mirren Park (just to make you smile).

I particularly liked the implication that if you haven't had Stuart Dickson's personal seal of approval then you're never going to amount to anything as a footballer.

I particularly liked the implication that if you haven't had Stuart Dickson's personal seal of approval then you're never going to amount to anything as a footballer.

I particularly liked his raving about a player called Chris McGroarty who played for Dunfermline.

Stuart recommended him on the back of an impressive display he had when up against Didier Agathe.

Only problem was that, upon closer inspection, it transpired that McGroarty didn't even play in said game.

:P