Scott Agnew

Scott Agnew is magic he wears a magic hat, he could have joined the thistle but he said no f**k that, he passes with his left foot he passes with his right and...

Anything that would suit to the tune, like ... And when he pump the ton AGAIN we'll sing this song all night!

Easily played about with and easy to pick up

It was definitely a Saturday - Yardley scored within about a minute.

Also the first time I can remember Saints encountering Hartley, think he dived to get Paul McIntyre sent off.

Yup - remember it well. That was the start of our 'special' relationship with Hartley.

Back in 99/00 we scored a lot of goals from set plays from the crosses of Ross & Nicolson.

However, we had Yardley, Lavety, McLaughlin & Walker.

Now we have Thompson. Are Naismith, Baird & Kelly up to the task?

Morgan and Conlan were the main crossers of the ball on Saturday. Some good, some not so good.

Although, as others have mentioned, Agnew hits a fine delivery from free kicks.

Yup - remember it well. That was the start of our 'special' relationship with Hartley.

Nah - that was at Douglas Park when he played for Hamilton - maybe a midweek game - tackle happened at the far end of the ground from us. It would have been up where Fergie the Bam used to stand so he might have had a hand in it if he stopped calling the linesman a wanker long enough to complain.

We all thought it was a great tackle and the next thing the red card came out!

Hartley's first encounter with the our collective ire was a midweek cup game when Accies were sharing Cliftonhill with Albion Rovers. After that they shared Firhill during which time big Yards made his debut. At least, that's how it panned out thanks to the combination of hallucinogenics I was on at the time.....

Surely Hartley wasn't playing for Hamilton until after they left Douglas Park (May '94), and he'd already left for Millwall before they moved to Cliftonhill (Aug '96)?

The Steve Watson incident was 100% at Firhill, and I'd suggest that Hartley never played a home game for Hamilton against us at any other venue.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

I stand corrected. Big Martin got 5 (or maybe 4) in a 7-0 win against them about 12 or 13 years ago as well.

Aye he got 4 that night, think he then got subbed at half-time or early in the second as he'd picked up a knock.

Graham Guy scored a free-kick that night. Not many Saints players have done that recently :(

Aye he got 4 that night, think he then got subbed at half-time or early in the second as he'd picked up a knock.

Graham Guy scored a free-kick that night. Not many Saints players have done that recently :(

Did he not score 4 against Falkirk at Love Street after we we went 4 nil down? Think Lee Miller may have scored a hat trick for them.

The first Hartley incident was a midweek game against Accies at Firhill when he got Paul MacIntyre sent off. Way before Stephen Watson's time.

He also flicked the V's as far as I can remember.

Although there have been about 4 accounts of the same incident so maybe we are all losing the plot.

The first Hartley incident was a midweek game against Accies at Firhill when he got Paul MacIntyre sent off. Way before Stephen Watson's time.

Although there have been about 4 accounts of the same incident so maybe we are all losing the plot.

post-1795-0-81447500-1438068676_thumb.jp whistling.gif

What I said was spot on, except that I was smoking crack when I named Watson rather than McIntyre.

Although, you've also had a bit of a toke because Steve Watson played in the same game, and it wasn't in midweek.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1995&GameID=2705

I recall that Hartley, who had been getting hounded by the fans, scored the equaliser down at our end of the stand, then ran past the whole Saints support, arms aloft, just staring straight at/through us with a kind of mental patient/serial killer style blank facial expression.

He scored 3 and Ricky Robb scored 1! Remember him?

I think we were 3-0 down at half time, pulled it back to 3-3 then Falkirk went ahead and we equalised again?

Cracking game! Jamie Dunbar had a good game that day, I remember Chick Young raving about him on the radio afterwards saying he was going to be a star...

Cracking game! Jamie Dunbar had a good game that day, I remember Chick Young raving about him on the radio afterwards saying he was going to be a star...

What I remember about that game was the amount of deserters who left at half time. We walked past the wee barrel after the match and nobody believed the final score.

Come to think about it I was there till the end and I couldn't believe the scoreline.

What I remember about that game was the amount of deserters who left at half time. We walked past the wee barrel after the match and nobody believed the final score.

Come to think about it I was there till the end and I couldn't believe the scoreline.

I was night shift the night before and slept in for game.Falkirk scored their 3rd as I came thru the turnstile and I nearly got swept away on the North Bank hill by irate punters leaving.

Are you sure?

Dunbar got subbed at half time!!!!