Scott Agnew

What I said was spot on, except that I was smoking crack when I named Watson rather than McIntyre.

Although, you've also had a bit of a toke because Steve Watson played in the same game, and it wasn't in midweek.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1995&GameID=2705

I recall that Hartley, who had been getting hounded by the fans, scored the equaliser down at our end of the stand, then ran past the whole Saints support, arms aloft, just staring straight at/through us with a kind of mental patient/serial killer style blank facial expression.

That's the game I'm talking about. We were all in disbelief that our new signing took only 60 secs to get his first goal.

My first recollection of Hartley was a home game towards the end of the 94/95 season. Hartley took a corner from which Hamilton scored and proceded to run back down the touchline in front of the North Bank making the infamous Nescafe gesture - cheeky young scamp!

We won 3-2 that day but more often than not he made significant contributions to his various clubs defeating us.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I was in Washington DC for the Marine Corp Marathon...I called home from my cousin's house to be told we were 3-0 down. Didn't hear another thing till after the race the next day when I scanned the Wahington Post sports section and there it was, in tiny print amongt a huge jumble of names and numbers...4-4. Had to readagain and double check a few times!

What I said was spot on, except that I was smoking crack when I named Watson rather than McIntyre.

Although, you've also had a bit of a toke because Steve Watson played in the same game, and it wasn't in midweek.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1995&GameID=2705

I recall that Hartley, who had been getting hounded by the fans, scored the equaliser down at our end of the stand, then ran past the whole Saints support, arms aloft, just staring straight at/through us with a kind of mental patient/serial killer style blank facial expression.

I'm 100% convinced the Hartley incident didn't happen in Yardleys first game. There was a game later in the season where we lost 3-0 which was midweek. 24th Jan 1996.

Trying to link it but I'm on my phone.

Irregardless I hope we can all agree that Hartley is a prick.

I'm 100% convinced the Hartley incident didn't happen in Yardleys first game. There was a game later in the season where we lost 3-0 which was midweek. 24th Jan 1996.

post-1795-0-66484200-1438114820_thumb.jp

I've just looked out my old scrap book, and the incident did happen in Yards first game.

We were 2-0 up, and then in the 27th minute McIntyre got sent off for an 'off the ball' kick at Hartley. Jimmy Bone was fuming!

I was at the game, but couldnt have remembered which one without looking back tbh.

I've just looked out my old scrap book, and the incident did happen in Yards first game.

We were 2-0 up, and then in the 27th minute McIntyre got sent off for an 'off the ball' kick at Hartley. Jimmy Bone was fuming!

I was at the game, but couldnt have remembered which one without looking back tbh.

Fair play.

The midweek game must have been the first of many 'afters' with the wee shite.

• 2 months later...

Must be a fall out there.

I'm no fan of Agnew, indeed I have been one of his biggest critics. However, if there was one game that was crying out for him it was today.

At home to a part time side, dominating possession. He would have got that extra yard of pace he needs to operate.... Yet he was left on the bench. Even when they equalised... Left on the bench.

The only logical explanation is a fall out between him and Murray. He had to be used today and he wasn't. If he's not going to use him in games like this, when is he going to use him?

Looks like a mutual consent job, him, Murray... Maybe both, hopefully both.

Must be a fall out there.

I'm no fan of Agnew, indeed I have been one of his biggest critics. However, if there was one game that was crying out for him it was today.

At home to a part time side, dominating possession. He would have got that extra yard of pace he needs to operate.... Yet he was left on the bench. Even when they equalised... Left on the bench.

The only logical explanation is a fall out between him and Murray. He had to be used today and he wasn't. If he's not going to use him in games like this, when is he going to use him?

Looks like a mutual consent job, him, Murray... Maybe both, hopefully both.

With Murray guys like Agnew, Carswell, Mallan, Howieson, Morgan, McLear, Cuddihy, Stewart, Conlan are in for a few games and then back out for a few games. Agnew could be back this week after being dropped for the last month. The question is who will be next for random dropping?

Good showing from Agnew today - well worthy of his place. Took his goal right in front of where we were sitting - tv pictures don't do it justice. It was an immaculate finish.

If we can get that for a full 90 mins from him he could be one of the best midfielders in the division.

If we can get that for a full 90 mins from him he could be one of the best midfielders in the division.

Indeed.

He certainly needs an enforcer such as Goodwin alongside, as he is a bit lightweight, but his technique is excellent.

I like him. He is well suited to this division, and has a good eye for goal.

Indeed.

He certainly needs an enforcer such as Goodwin alongside, as he is a bit lightweight, but his technique is excellent.

I like him. He is well suited to this division, and has a good eye for goal.

There was a lot more freedom in the team and formation today.

I felt last week we should have removed Carswell from a holding role and replaced him with Agnew in a forward midfield role.

Today showed how one simple move can make a difference.

Goodwins performance was also a sign of what can be achieved with the self imposed shackles lifted.

I can't hrlpbut wonder if Goody was trying to prove a point. If so... point proven!

Agnew is a good player but we've seen him sit far too deep this season and try and play the quarter back roll.

As others have said, playing alongside Goody should let him play in a more advanced position and hopefully see the best of him.

Jim played the more advanced today and was superb there, id keep him there, he's got the legs for it still.

Steady now.

The next time Agnew has a good game against a full time Championship side for us will be the first time.

He looks good against the part time and lower league teams but has yet to perform when it really matters.

Agnew has a great shot on him - a great asset. He still faffs about too much for my liking by taking far too many touches when playing deeper. Maybe playing him behind the front two would be better for him but with McMullan and Shankland still to return would there be a place for Agnew?