St Mirren V Bradford City Friendly Match 18/7/15

shull

I would like to suggest that Shull be barred from starting any Match day threads next season. bye1.gif

His performance last season was quite frankly embarrassing . We need a change of match day thread initiator.

Too late.

Agreed. I watched the Bradford City Fire documentary last night. "One day in May". It took 4 minutes for that main stand to be engulfed.

I remember vividly seeing the TV footage on our way home from beating Hearts 5-2 to qualify for Europe.

So sad to see those images again. It's a miracle no more died. I have a good friend who is a Bradford fan. Be great if he makes the trip.

Perhaps the Fans Council could arrange some form of floral tribute to present before the game. I'm sure many of us would donate towards the cost.

Slash was thinking the same myself about getting LED to do something before the match. I will bring this up at Fans Council. Will post on here more info as soon as possible

A nice piece of crystal glass suitably engraved from SMFC to BCFC would be a nice touch.It would be an everlasting tribute whereas flowers are for the moment.

Something that says we care without going down the minutes silence/applause road.

I can be as bold as saying that I am sure fans council will back this. Can I ask members of the forum what they would like it to be. Just throwing ideas around a "quich"? Thoughts would be appreciated.

A donation to the Plastic Surgery and Burns Research Unit (PSBRU) at the University of Bradford, simple collection with buckets pre-match. No point spending money on a gift, a donation would potentially benefit more.

A donation to the Plastic Surgery and Burns Research Unit (PSBRU) at the University of Bradford, simple collection with buckets pre-match. No point spending money on a gift, a donation would potentially benefit more.

Why not do both?

Fans Council get in touch with Chivas and explain to them we need a crystal decanter and a bottle of specially labelled whisky for a special presentation.I don't imagine Chivas would be hard to deal with,good publicity for them.

Get the buckets out too,i'm sure us fans would give generously.

In fact......why not get a local company to put a trophy up and resurrect The Paisley Charity Cup?We invite a different Club each year,winner keeps the trophy for a year and money raised goes to a

charity.

Just a thought........

I can be as bold as saying that I am sure fans council will back this. Can I ask members of the forum what they would like it to be. Just throwing ideas around a "quich"? Thoughts would be appreciated.

nerd.gif ermmmm.. "Quaich"?

The disaster was over 30 years ago.

Maybe a wee bit late with a tribute/collections thingy?

Maybe they would rather not be reminded of a very painful time.

That was my 1st thought too but I think the fact it's 30 years makes it acceptable.

The disaster was over 30 years ago.

Maybe a wee bit late with a tribute/collections thingy?

Maybe they would rather not be reminded of a very painful time.

I am sure they have their own ceremonies of remembrance, and it will be way past the anniversary date by the time this game is played. Perhaps a low key donation to any fund set up to assist survivors is more appropriate?

That was my 1st thought too but I think the fact it's 30 years makes it acceptable.

I attended recently the commemoration ceremony in Bradford City park.

Living in Leeds for 30 years but working 3 days a week in Bradford I've got a lot of friends that support city.

I've been talking to them about this and they think it's fantastic that St Mirren fans have even given it thought.

The general consensus from the city fans I've spoken to is an engraved 'item to be decided' that could be displayed within the stadium would be a nice gesture to show that though gone , they are not forgotten.

I'm only passing on what they've said as I know several hundred city fans.

• 3 weeks later...