Would You Like To Stand At St Mirren Park

I would like the option, yes. Sitting on a shitey wee hard seat for a couple of hours in the bleak midwinter can be pretty off-putting. At least you can shuffle about a bit in standing terracing to shake off the frozen dreep on your beak.

I would like the option, yes. Sitting on a shitey wee hard seat for a couple of hours in the bleak midwinter can be pretty off-putting. At least you can shuffle about a bit in standing terracing to shake off the frozen dreep on your beak.

Drew you should have joined me in getting a padded seat. for an extra 30 pounds a season you have a switch to heat the seat. Sitting on a cold day with your arse warm , hands warm with a Bovril made last seasons games just about bearable

^^^ this ^^

A big Yes from me.

I prefer to sit thanks. Mind you I do stand at Aberdeen games, because it's Baltic up there and moving about helps a bit, but mainly because the seating is crap (loads of broken/patched up seats) and you can't see the touchline to the left of where they sit us unless you stand up

I'm not sure it is a true all standing / terraced area at the totty bowl such as you used to get, does the area not have those sort of 3/4 seats where you sit / stand and can lean on a barrier to the front?

Anyways, not gonna happen at SP but would be good, with a pint.

Yes from me , get it back to the way it should be. Sitting watching sport should be reserved for ice skating or the horse of the year show .

a bit of a class-led comment there Billy

as the closest thing Inchinnan ever had to landed gentry, i'd have thought you were an afficionado of those 2 sports

but yes, the standing stalls would bring a bit of fun back

What if you cant reserve your space to stand in?

Just go to the ground at 7am and put a beach towel down.

If I could veer slightly off-topic and bring music gigs into the equation... I like it if you are going to see, let's say, a band like Foo Fighters. Doesn't matter if it's an all-standing venue like the SECC, or an all-seated venue like the Hydro, everyone will be standing up. Similarly, if you are going to a classical orchestra or something, you know everyone will be sitting down. What gets on my tits are those concerts where there is no clear-cut 'protocol' and you get a situation where you are up, down, up, down, do the hokey-cokey... Elvis Costello is a good example. He kicks off with a faster number and some folk are up, some are down, then you see the inevitable situation with folk trying to get folk to sit down, they can't see... Words are exchanged. Then he plays a slow one, everyone sits down again, except for two women who have imbibed a few vodkas before the show, they remain standing defiantly through two ballads...

Basically, I would like to avoid this at the fitba'. I'm all for dedicated safe standing areas - and like the old days, the 'stand' was for sitting in. Then you know where you stand... Or sit.