Would You Like To Stand At St Mirren Park

Get rid off all the seats........I hate sitting down at the football, Why when I was lad the only time you sat down was after nipping out to get a bag of chips on love street at half time then I would sit on the terrace and eat my chips as I read the programme and waited for the wee guy to change the numbers that used to be at the side of the park to tell you the half time scores but you could only find out what letter/ number was which team if you bought a programe. bring back standing, national service and the birch, oh and a proper macaroon/ chewing gum service.

Edited by stevie-dee

Don't have any problem with an area being reserved for standing. But, the vast majority of stadium should be retained for seating, remember why we have all seated venues...because lives were lost in the past.

No fences along the front at any grounds now so can't see a repeat of that , thankfully :)

Get rid off all the seats........I hate sitting down at the football, Why when I was lad the only time you sat down was after nipping out to get a bag of chips on love street at half time then I would sit on the terrace and eat my chips as I read the programme and waited for the wee guy to change the numbers that used to be at the side of the park to tell you the half time scores but you could only find out what letter/ number was which team if you bought a programe. bring back standing, national service and the birch, oh and a proper macaroon/ chewing gum service.

We need a wee ' get yir tablet a macaroon guy :D happy days , also someone to drill a few holes in the guttering and get the roof aff the toilets ..... Whit else , dig doon so we can get a ramp :P

Add the standing areas & a crackly old PA system , that wid feel more homely :)

If you were elderly or disabled in the old days when 100,000 would pack into Hampden standing, were there any facilities for them to watch the match?

I think even now although facilities and access have improved drastically , I often feel that the people that make the decisions related to this issue , don't consult enough with the disabled people and carers to actually ask what would they find useful as there are varying degrees of disability.

Raised sections , ramps , covered sections , toilets closer to the adapted areas to save trying to get through the crowd , at least one concession stall near the section for refreshments, etc etc but would action ask the fans , what do you need from us to make visiting the stadium a worthwhile and pleasurable experience. ( apart from 3 points ) :)

But back in the day the little blue 3 wheel cars were always visible trackside at Love St , Hampden etc but in the stands ? Nope I think just exposed pitch side ?

Brian Caldwell saying in the PDE that we are not interested in safe standing...."The Club is all for improving the atmosphere but rail seating is not something we want to consider.I'm sure most supporters would prefer us to direct any additional spending on improving the team"

Yes from me , get it back to the way it should be. Sitting watching sport should be reserved for ice skating or the horse of the year show .

..and only Val Doonican sits down to sing!

Why anyone would want to stand is beyond me

Apparently it keeps you fit/makes you fitter.

Standing is the new Black!

Don't have any problem with an area being reserved for standing. But, the vast majority of stadium should be retained for seating, remember why we have all seated venues...because lives were lost in the past.

A fence at the front contributed to most of the deaths and there are plenty of all-seated stadiums all over the world that have had mass deaths due to rioting and panic. Seats usually being used as weapons/missiles.

Brian Caldwell saying in the PDE that we are not interested in safe standing...."The Club is all for improving the atmosphere but rail seating is not something we want to consider.I'm sure most supporters would prefer us to direct any additional spending on improving the team"

Usual "we have no money or vision" line. The last sentence is laughable. We could have just played at the Racecourse rather than have Tesco build our Wee Grun. f**k! We could have been challenging for the league and have been in Europe! lol

I would rather we do not spend our cash on over-paid players and pay-offs. Look after the Fans/customers first.

Edited by Vambo57

Wouldn't hurt to ask us, as the chairman has done in respect of summer fitba.

Wouldn't hurt to ask us, as the chairman has done in respect of summer fitba.

I think it will be more to do with cost. Won't be as simple as ripping up the seats as I think the pitch of the current steps wouldn't allow for standing. Makes it difficult to run a trial without significant investment....could be wrong tho!

Quote function still not working, I am having to post and edit to get my post shown as my own. Brian Caldwell is for once talking sense, we need to make money before spending it.

And Stevie Dee I for one will not be supporting getting rid of all seats, sitting in the west bank suits me fine, if the seating area was restricted to the main stand I would not buy a seat, this is because when it's raining and windy there is no shelter in the main stand, and when it's sunny the people in the main stand have to shade their eyes to watch the game. In short the ground has been built without taking these factors into account. At love street it was the opposite of what it is now.

So I propose giving the main stand to the away support and allow the hospitality mob some way of going from the bar/restaurant to any one of the three other stands

Edited by buddiecat

St Mirren fans got together in 99/00 to help significantly to building the stand at the Love St end.

Quite a different situation to the current one. The stand initiative in 99/00 would have had almost 100% support, as it was crucial to potential promotion. Any initiative relating to safe standing would have significantly less support.

100% support in 99/00?

Nowhere near. The people selling the raffle tickets would disagree. They were slurs and accusations dished out by many so called supporters. Sad but true.

I do agree it is a different situation, but one surely that the Fans Council could at least investigate with input from the fans they represent.

That is not my recollection Mr Slash, not my recollection indeed.

Anyway I have no interest in standing at the football, even as a younger man I didnt like it. No-one remotely human would enjoy it.

The football experience has improved enourmously since the implementation of the alcohol ban and standing at the football and the stamping out of racist chanting.

Now we have had people daft enough to try and re-introduce the alchol, now we have poeple daft enough to try and return us to standing so when can we expect the re-introduction of the racism?

I shake me head at these people, I shake my head indeed.

Edited to add: I have just read the above post that was produced by my own fair hand. One must say Bulto you are losing your touch as I was appalled at my own typing errors, appalled indeed.

Edited by TediousTom