Thomas Reilly

gregor_23

To be fair to Reilly, hes never had a run in one particular position, hes played, up front, out wide, behind a striker, central midfield and almost as a holding midfielder.

That said, hes not really been too great in any of those,

Championship may be a good level for him though

To be fair to Reilly, hes never had a run in one particular position, hes played, up front, out wide, behind a striker, central midfield and almost as a holding midfielder.

That said, hes not really been too great in any of those,

Championship may be a good level for him though

Compare that to Mallan though mate. He got a chance and took it.

If Thomas Reilly gets a contract then good luck to him. As stated prior it should be his last chance. Perhaps playing him in midfield would be the best because he's certainly not a striker.

Edited by stripey

Thomas is the new McGarry

Promised so much and turned out no very good.

The similarities are certainly there - he's a similar style of player, plenty technical ability, not particularly pacy and started as a striker but moved back into midfield. Hopefully once he drops down a division and bulks up a bit he will prove to be a decent premiership midfielder (as mcgarry did). Would be good if it's with us but he may have to move on to realise his potential.

Compare that to Mallan though mate. He got a chance and took it.

True,

What i would say though is that Mallan got a run, over 20 odd games, in his favoured position.

No one knows what Reillys best position is (take that as you will)

Im certainly not comparing the too, Mallan will be (is) the far superior prospect

Thomas is the new McGarry

Promised so much and turned out no very good.

McGarry chimed in with some decent goals in the second tier, mind. Mebbe Reilly could do the same. But based on what I've seen, I'd push the boat out a bit for Sadlier rather than try to keep both.

Edited by Magic Monkey

I see Murray is not giving young Thomas or Sadlier a contract, but is effectively giving both of them a trial in preseason.

I think he will keep one and let the other go.

How's that when they play in very different positions?

It's simply that he (Murray) has seen neither of them play, nothing more than that and wants to make his own decisions.