Thomas Reilly

gregor_23

I see Murray is not giving young Thomas or Sadlier a contract, but is effectively giving both of them a trial in preseason.

I think he will keep one and let the other go.

time of year to be managers...yes???...i think not

i was talking bout the supporters of course..as we all are the best managers out there

me personally i think Sadlier will be the star of the show next season if we keep him

better than john Mcguinn....i love John as a player...true class and the boy has a future..

his future is not with us but his "grounding" is...if your reading this John...stay with us for 2 years...your best move is ahead of you

If it's a choice between Reilly and Sadlier, it's Sadlier every time. That being said, I wouldn't have thought Reilly would have too many other options, and could be useful in the Championship. Certainly gives us a good squad player if we keep him.

How's that when they play in very different positions?

It's simply that he (Murray) has seen neither of them play, nothing more than that and wants to make his own decisions.

Do they? Reilly spent most of his career with us in the forward roles. His move to midfield only came at the end of last season.

I can't imagine he'd seen much of any of our players play, but he released plenty of them.

time of year to be managers...yes???...i think not

i was talking bout the supporters of course..as we all are the best managers out there

me personally i think Sadlier will be the star of the show next season if we keep him

better than john Mcguinn....i love John as a player...true class and the boy has a future..

his future is not with us but his "grounding" is...if your reading this John...stay with us for 2 years...your best move is ahead of you

You think Sadlier is better than McGinn? :huh:

You think Sadlier is better than McGinn? huh.png

yes i think he could be....IMO

McGinn done nothing last season on the back of a terrific season before that

its up to McGinn to prove to himself and the fans that he can improve this season

he cant,nor can the fans,think is has "made it" on the form of 2 seasons ago

but having said that he has HUGE potential....up to him to prove it

yes i think he could be....IMO

McGinn done nothing last season on the back of a terrific season before that

its up to McGinn to prove to himself and the fans that he can improve this season

he cant,nor can the fans,think is has "made it" on the form of 2 seasons ago

but having said that he has HUGE potential....up to him to prove it

Could be better than him? Kieran's older than John.

Yes McGinn was poor last season, but he was very good the season before. Unlike Sadlier, he's proven at senior level. It's hardly as if Kieran set the heather on fire in his short time here, he couldn't even establish himself as a regular starter in a very poor team.

Edited by TopCat

Could be better than him? Kieran's older than John.

Yes McGinn was poor last season, but he was very good the season before. Unlike Sadlier, he's proven at senior level. It's hardly as if Kieran set the heather on fire in his short time here, he couldn't even establish himself as a regular starter in a very poor team.

i think thats down to who picked the team last season tongue.png

also shows that IM is interested having given him a further trial

i think thats down to who picked the team last season tongue.png

also shows that IM is interested having given him a further trial

In the few Kieran did start he was poor, the crucial 5-0 and 3-0 away defeats at Motherwell and Thistle away being the clearest examples. In both games he was correctly the first subbed off.

In saying all that, I would like for him to get a one year deal for next season.

In the few Kieran did start he was poor, the crucial 5-0 and 3-0 away defeats at Motherwell and Thistle away being the clearest examples. In both games he was correctly the first subbed off.

In saying all that, I would like for him to get a one year deal for next season.

He and Dayton were substituted at Motherwell not because they had played badly but that the team were incapable of doing what the management had asked and getting the ball out to them. Sadlier and Dayton need the ball at their feet and both have the potential to take players on and beat them. We barely got out of our own half in the first half so GT decided to play a different system and took both wingers off.

The management in place at the end of last season chose to hit long hopeful balls up to Thompson in the hope that he would get knock ons which invariably did not work and it came back again time and time again.

Thats all said Sadlier was told by the last management team that he would get a new contract this season and that the team were going to play higher up the pitch in a style which would have suited him perfectly this season. Unfortunately GT has moved on and he has to start over again with Ian Murray as he has never seen him play.

Its also fair to say that Sadlier was not properly match fit last season and that had an impact as well.

Play Sadlier out wide on the left and get the ball out to hime early and let him attack the opposition and you will see a very good player. Same as if you play him in the hole and play through him he will open sides - you have not seem anywhere near the best from Sadlier.

• 2 months later...