John Mcginn Sues Saints

I keep getting text messages saying that I have 4k waiting to be claimed for the accident that I had. The thing is I haven't had an accident. With a claim culture like this no wonder he is claiming. He will be promised all sorts of money from these people.

The likelihood is that it will be settled out of court as it will be expensive to defend in court therefore an out of court deal will be done.

I keep getting text messages saying that I have 4k waiting to be claimed for the accident that I had. The thing is I haven't had an accident. With a claim culture like this no wonder he is claiming. He will be promised all sorts of money from these people.

The likelihood is that it will be settled out of court as it will be expensive to defend in court therefore an out of court deal will be done.

My wife had a call asking about the accident she had three years ago and if she wished to claim compo ,she just played along and told them she didn't need to claim as she had won the lottery ,the cheeky bassa asked how much she had won.

You do know he talks shite , dont you ?

There might be something in what he's saying

I think our budget is affected by McGinn situation like McLean last year.

McLean signed on last summer as no one would pay the compo thus we were left to sign cheap options.

Ended up McLean left less than the compo would have been

No one is going to pay the compo for McGinn as we have shown as many times in the past we are a soft touch in transfers

John McGinn has shat all over the club that put him where he is today!

It was an accident what happened to him he has told us he's going to sue!

Why will he not give us an answer on his contract offer?

I suspect he's waiting on offers and if none come then he will sign!

Whatever happens I don't want him back but I want money for him even if it's just to pay off the over rated silly little boy!

if we withdraw the offer do we still get compo?

Sue us all you want but give us an answer so we can get money for you!

The compo figure is about his value just hope the insurance covers his injury but it's not 100% guaranteed!

John McGinn has shat all over the club that put him where he is today!

It was an accident what happened to him he has told us he's going to sue!

Why will he not give us an answer on his contract offer?

I suspect he's waiting on offers and if none come then he will sign!

Whatever happens I don't want him back but I want money for him even if it's just to pay off the over rated silly little boy!

if we withdraw the offer do we still get compo?

Sue us all you want but give us an answer so we can get money for you!

The compo figure is about his value just hope the insurance covers his injury but it's not 100% guaranteed!

Can.i ask you a question ? A company come along and offer double what you earn just now you are telling me you would knock it back out of loyalty to your employees ?

Can.i ask you a question ? A company come along and offer double what you earn just now you are telling me you would knock it back out of loyalty to your employees ?

This isn't about that

We all know McGinn is desperate to leave and easily make more money

Clubs are interested but don't want to pay the compo

His agent is now milking the accident so there's a way round this

Everyone benefits bar St Mirren

This isn't about that

We all know McGinn is desperate to leave and easily make more money

Clubs are interested but don't want to pay the compo

His agent is now milking the accident so there's a way round this

Everyone benefits bar St Mirren

Isn't this where we were almost a fortnight ago? There is no way around this for anyone FFS, nor would any lawyer who knows even coherently what he is talking about advise a client to go down that route. Why on earth would we forego compensation to avoid a payout which won't even hit us in the pocket?

The insurance providers will pay out directly to John McGinn on the club's behalf, that's why we have insurance. Then our premiums may go up, will they go up by £270k? Don't be bloody daft.

Edit: Also, if his agent is 'milking' it, he's not doing a very good job considering his client is on twitter regularly. On the 2nd of June, just before this came out, he tweeted that he walked from Clydebank to Balloch for charity. Not something you'd exactly advise your client to either do, or publicise if you were 'milking it'.

Edited by djchapsticks

he's not under contract though, so why would he come to training?

Because we may end up being his only option. He has been with the club since a very young age so it seems strange behaviour to disconnect himself from something that you would expect him to do.

I don't get your point I would leave my job for more money who wouldn't?

But if that employer had trained me up to the point I am worth more to another company I would say thank you but I am not signing your contract!

If I felt let down by that employer and felt the need to sue them I would say I intend to sue and therefore I am not signing a contract!

What John is doing is holding the club to ransom!

If John doesn't want to play for St.Mirren fair enough it's his right!

If John is keeping St.Mirren on hold just in case a better offer doesn't come in then that is bang out of order!

I am sorry John got injured but it was an accident!

But why wait till the start of the new season to sue?

Why not start proceedings straight away?

I think the part that stinks is John can tell St.Mirren he intends to sue them!

But can't tell them if he is signing a contract?

Not turning up for pre season suing St.Mirren are good indicators he's no intention of staying just tell us and we can move on!

I dare say he thinks he's got a deal somwhere hopefully England!

I think best for both parties if he moves on!

But what I don't know is if St.Mirren take the offer of the table are they still due compensation!

But what I don't know is if St.Mirren take the offer of the table are they still due compensation!

If McGinn rejects the offer and the offer was of greater or equal terms to his current contract, then there's no obligation to follow up with another offer and we'd still be due compensation. If we remove the offer before he officially accepts or rejects (which we won't) then he's free to go. As long as the contracts on the table, there's heehaw he or any other club can do with compensation.

McGinn is out of contract and free to sign for whichever club wants him.

The sticking point is that club would then be due us a fee, set by a tribunal, of at least around £250k.

Clubs will have noted he was bang average last season and - I surmise - is the type of character that sues his club for a mere training ground accident.

He is clearly not coming back to Love St and clubs are in no rush to pay for him - a promising career potentially ruined it would seem.

Ah well....

I don't get your point I would leave my job for more money who wouldn't?

But if that employer had trained me up to the point I am worth more to another company I would say thank you but I am not signing your contract!

If I felt let down by that employer and felt the need to sue them I would say I intend to sue and therefore I am not signing a contract!

What John is doing is holding the club to ransom!

If John doesn't want to play for St.Mirren fair enough it's his right!

If John is keeping St.Mirren on hold just in case a better offer doesn't come in then that is bang out of order!

I am sorry John got injured but it was an accident!

But why wait till the start of the new season to sue?

Why not start proceedings straight away?

I think the part that stinks is John can tell St.Mirren he intends to sue them!

But can't tell them if he is signing a contract?

Not turning up for pre season suing St.Mirren are good indicators he's no intention of staying just tell us and we can move on!

I dare say he thinks he's got a deal somwhere hopefully England!

I think best for both parties if he moves on!

there is a lot you dont know,same as me

One thng is for sure, it is not out of order to weigh up contract offers, take your time and try to make the next decision about your future the right one.

He has not sued the company-he las lodged a compensation claim that will go to insurers first and probably be dealt with there

The longer this goes on I’m starting to think he might actually stay, there has been rumours of interest from Hibs and Hearts and someone down south (Wigan I think?) but I really can’t see any of them wanting to pay £270k. He will end up being the highest paid player in the team if everyone else took wage cuts when we got relegated and we had to offer him a contract as good as before to let the compensation rule kick in.

Edited by irvine_buddie

I'm not that desperate for us to keep him tbh.

IMO he's been pretty poor for the best part of 2 years now, not really an attacking threat or done anything of note in a defensive midfield role & he's clearly not a wide midfielder either. He's got that 'spin around the ball' thing he does where there's a 50/50 chance he either flukes his way past an opponent or falls on his arse and that's... It really.