'speargate' Holds Up Signings?

Lol....you really have no idea what you are talking about....

...but do keep telling me how EL insurance policies work...especially ones i placed

if i had known you were going to be at Hampden....

then to be honest i still would not have been there.

Glad you enjoyed the Conf, maybe see you next year

I didnt say i was there... Just that i didnt see you there. Still we'll see you on the west bank come august no doubt.... free plasticine!

Does the phrase 'never a truer word said in jest' regarding the intial post now seem to have come to be fact?

If McGinn is ckaiming anything like the figures being bandied around it would explain why no one has been signed?

The compensation will be paid from insurance so i fully expect some signings in the coming week. McGinn can move on he's made it clear he wants out.

The compensation will be paid from insurance so i fully expect some signings in the coming week. McGinn can move on he's made it clear he wants out.

Highly likely he will move on and not on great terms by the look of things.The annoying thing for me is that John was part of a squad of players who did not perform anywhere near their potential last season and are able to move on.We as fans are left to support our beloved club in a lower division than we are used to but its what we will do so time to move on.Anyway Pirlo is coming in to replace him.

Highly likely he will move on and not on great terms by the look of things.The annoying thing for me is that John was part of a squad of players who did not perform anywhere near their potential last season and are able to move on.We as fans are left to support our beloved club in a lower division than we are used to but its what we will do so time to move on.Anyway Pirlo is coming in to replace him.

I can accept the need for him to claim and supported that, in any place of work you have that right. It is clear that he is using this incident to engineer a move away from the club. It may be that he cannot bring himself to be at the same club as Thompson now, who knows? What we do know is the sooner he goes the better.

I sincerely hope McGinn stays, last season was poison for players, with Craig and then Teale and Goodie getting demoted. For those of us who played in a team game know that moral plays a higher part than ability, plus a decent manager could utilize McGinn.

GT gave it a go but as shown was clueless or players didn't buy in. I get the feeling Murray does suffer fools, his way or highway so I can see a change in effort, and also players who at a lower level have a better chance to shine

Edited by DougJamie

I sincerely hope McGinn stays, last season was poison for players, with Craig and then Teale and Goodie getting demoted. For those of us who played in a team game know that moral plays a higher part than ability, plus a decent manager could utilize McGinn.

GT gave it a go but as shown was clueless or players didn't buy in. I get the feeling Murray does suffer fools, his way or highway so I can see a change in effort, and also players who at a lower level have a better chance to shine

I hope he goes - simply based on the assumption that he doesn't want to stay. We can't afford to have want away players at the club.

I heard as early as last September that he was wanting to move on at the end of the season, which there is nothing wrong with. He unfortunately participated in one of the worst St Mirren teams in history and never drummed up the interest expected.

I don't think you can blame McGinn in this situation. He has been advised to claim, which he is rightly entitled to. It just so happens he is out of contract and he just can't walk away, as we are due a development fee, similar to the scenario which led McLean to sign on again, after no club made a formal approach as there was money involved.

If he signs for someone else, then good luck to him. If he decides to stay, then great, though either of the two, he should not be grudged for simply reporting an injury claim at work, which was completely avoidable.

I was talking to someone regarding corroboration evidence recently. Cannie remember the name of the test case for that. A lawyers in Bath or Sauchihall street rings a bell?

I have to say that the only reason I still remember the Donoghue V Stevenson precedent is because of the link to Paisley mate, it was part of a Law module in the Financial Accountancy course I did in the early 1990's ( a diploma not a degree course ) that by the end I found so mind numbingly tedious that I went straight back to working in the steel industry, and have mostly forgotten the rest of the case studies that were involved.

I heard as early as last September that he was wanting to move on at the end of the season, which there is nothing wrong with. He unfortunately participated in one of the worst St Mirren teams in history and never drummed up the interest expected.

I don't think you can blame McGinn in this situation. He has been advised to claim, which he is rightly entitled to. It just so happens he is out of contract and he just can't walk away, as we are due a development fee, similar to the scenario which led McLean to sign on again, after no club made a formal approach as there was money involved.

If he signs for someone else, then good luck to him. If he decides to stay, then great, though either of the two, he should not be grudged for simply reporting an injury claim at work, which was completely avoidable.

Yet McLean managed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Mclean earned a move with some great performances, something that John didn't live up to matching.

I think that's Pod's point.

It is sad, he could have played brilliantly last season and moved on with our blessing and been a saints hero. Instead he made it clear he wasn't interested in staying and couldn't handle the pressure of being the main man in midfield. A lot of it could be down to the bid we rejected last season or not renewing Dannys contract and bringing in TC.

He will now leave and become an Ian Ferguson type figure who we remember for one or two performances but generally disliking how he treated the club and fans.

I hope I'm wrong and he gets his compo signs back with us and then puts in a season that matches Kenny Mcleans last 6 months with us.

I think that's Pod's point.

It is sad, he could have played brilliantly last season and moved on with our blessing and been a saints hero. Instead he made it clear he wasn't interested in staying and couldn't handle the pressure of being the main man in midfield. A lot of it could be down to the bid we rejected last season or not renewing Dannys contract and bringing in TC.

He will now leave and become an Ian Ferguson type figure who we remember for one or two performances but generally disliking how he treated the club and fans.

I hope I'm wrong and he gets his compo signs back with us and then puts in a season that matches Kenny Mcleans last 6 months with us.

McLean was abused week after week on here. I continually warned that we would only realise what we had when he was gone. I was right but the erasers have been out and good old Kenny was a miracle worker week by week!

When are Saints fans going to waken up to the fact that young players will have poor spells and need supported through them?

I know you backed McLean, as did I and I have always backed John McGinn as I do with every saints player.

But it is also true that McGinn had a terrible season not just a poor spell. I also suggested mitigating circumstances for his poor season.

I referred to Kennys last 6 months which was his best period for consistency. I have not erased his poor spells from my memory.

I know you backed McLean, as did I and I have always backed John McGinn as I do with every saints player.

But it is also true that McGinn had a terrible season not just a poor spell. I also suggested mitigating circumstances for his poor season.

I referred to Kennys last 6 months which was his best period for consistency. I have not erased his poor spells from my memory.

Wasn't having a go at you mate.

It was a general point

Why is this dragging on? Pre season is well and truly under way.... How hard would it be for the club to say that John is still injured or John is looking for a new club. I personally think he'd be mad to leave, it's his choice.

Still on holiday with the cash he got from his injury claim. whistling.gif

Edited by pod

Why is this dragging on? Pre season is well and truly under way.... How hard would it be for the club to say that John is still injured or John is looking for a new club. I personally think he'd be mad to leave, it's his choice.

Murray had a meeting with his agent this week, according to IM in the PDEX.

He said that our current offer is still on the table, but there will come a point that if it's clear McGinn thinks his future lies elsewhere, then these funds will be re-directed towards signing new players.

Murray had a meeting with his agent this week, according to IM in the PDEX.

He said that our current offer is still on the table, but there will come a point that if it's clear McGinn thinks his future lies elsewhere, then these funds will be re-directed towards signing new players.

Fair enough.