Golfists.

At Paisley international Airport flying to Dublin. My flight has

A party of about 12 American golf tourists . Hope there's room on the wee plane for their ridiculous oversized golf bats . Can any of you white ball chasers out there tell me .....why do they have to dress like that ? Is looking like a dick compulsory on the golf pitch ? Why can't they wear football tops like sensible adults ?

A party of about 12 American golf tourists . Hope there's room on the wee plane for their ridiculous oversized golf bats . Can any of you white ball chasers out there tell me .....why do they have to dress like that ? Is looking like a dick compulsory on the golf pitch ? Why can't they wear football tops like sensible adults ?

1. They're American tourists.

2. A football top for them would have 'Manning 18', 'Brady 12', or 'Brees 9' etc on the back.

Next problem please!

Americans are mostly tossers

Can't organise a golf tournament, cant run a foreign policy, can't understand that guns DONT make you safe and think it's OK to provoke slaughter in poor countries so that they can make some more money

That being said, they can always rely on the UK as a willing accomplice in much of the above

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was actually referring to the % of my posts you have replied to since your claim that you had me on ignore "most of the time". Nice to see that I reeled you in for another reply. Here fishy, fishy. smile.png

I should clarify, only in the posts that Stu and you get all excited about that I ignore as it's the same old shite that's been said since the classic referendum thread.

Hope this helps. bye1.gif

PS Don't let the anger get to you about making an arse of yourself in "that post", although yours was a classic. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Took a day trip to St Andrews yesterday. 20 degrees, sunshine, place packed with foreign and UK visitors. Heard tons of North American accents around town, and naturally around the area of the first and eighteenth at the Old Course. They were having their photos taken, realising a dream of playing at the home of golf, and the atmosphere was amazing. Boy, I wished I was out there - the grandstands were all still up, it would have been like playing in the Open, or as close to it as a club golfer can get. As I was wearing a Denver Broncos T Shirt, several of the North American visitors to our shores spoke to me. They were loving it in St Andrews and love Scotland - where they said they have been made welcome by friendly folk everywhere they've been.

We should be proud of our golfing heritage, and proud of the generally warm welcome we give to visitors. Tartan trews and dodgy Pringle diamond patterned jumpers are a mere side-show.

Edited by pozbaird

Took a day trip to St Andrews yesterday. 20 degrees, sunshine, place packed with foreign and UK visitors. Heard tons of North American accents around town, and naturally around the area of the first and eighteenth at the Old Course. They were having their photos taken, realising a dream of playing at the home of golf, and the atmosphere was amazing. Boy, I wished I was out there - the grandstands were all still up, it would have been like playing in the Open, or as close to it as a club golfer can get. As I was wearing a Denver Broncos T Shirt, several of the North American visitors to our shores spoke to me. They were loving it in St Andrews and love Scotland - where they said they have been made welcome by friendly folk everywhere they've been.

We should be proud of our golfing heritage, and proud of the generally warm welcome we give to visitors. Tartan trews and dodgy Pringle diamond patterned jumpers are a mere side-show.

Aye, but a Denver Broncos T Shirt? blink.png

Thats taking it too far. laugh.png