Free'd Killie Youngster ?

Ayrshire Saints

Dylan Pooler was released just before the end of the season, he started 18 games scored 14 goals was the top scorer for the U20's. He can play anywhere upfront or as a number 10. He has played numerous times for Scotland at U15/16/17, he was also on the bench for the 1st team last season.

Last season he missed a lot of games due to him making way for older players trying to get fit ie Paul Cairney, Lee Miller, N'goo, was playing very well when released, nearly all Killie fans I have spoken to were shocked as I was when he was released.

I have heard this too from a very reliable source ie him coming to Saints

Why has a young lad with 14 goals in 18 appearances at U20 and 14 games at U15/16 & U17's be released??

Why has a young lad with 14 goals in 18 appearances at U20 and 14 games at U15/16 & U17's be released??

That's exactly what every Killie fan I speak to on this subject says. They are not happy about it however no further news re it being the player I was being told about.

my son was at Killie and played in same team as Dylan Pooler. He played more central mid or wider right in midfield. Had a nice touch but similar build to mallen/reilly - can only think David Longwell might recommend as he`d see more of him than most at that level.

• 4 weeks later...

That's exactly what every Killie fan I speak to on this subject says. They are not happy about it however no further news re it being the player I was being told about.

Pullar has indeed signed and played in the U20 match v Killie last night. All information I have is that this guy is a serious prospect and Killie are not happy at him leaving them.

Pooler signed on a development contract on either Friday or Saturday (source his mother) He did not leave Killie he was released by the club. I was at the game yesterday at Rugby park, U20's very well organised and 2 well taken headers by McLear won the game although Killie did score a late consolation. Loads of sbstitutions I think only 4 played the full game. In my opinion there were no failures and Kofi apart from his final ball could be one to look out for in the future.

Dylan Pooler was released just before the end of the season, he started 18 games scored 14 goals was the top scorer for the U20's. He can play anywhere upfront or as a number 10. He has played numerous times for Scotland at U15/16/17, he was also on the bench for the 1st team last season.

Last season he missed a lot of games due to him making way for older players trying to get fit ie Paul Cairney, Lee Miller, N'goo, was playing very well when released, nearly all Killie fans I have spoken to were shocked as I was when he was released.

I have heard this too from a very reliable source ie him coming to Saints

Pullar has indeed signed and played in the U20 match v Killie last night. All information I have is that this guy is a serious prospect and Killie are not happy at him leaving them

Strange you say killie not happy, Ayrshire Saints, when Ayrshireman said he was released.

Also is tweet seems to back that up....https://twitter.com/Dylan_Pooler

Edited by pod

He was indeed released I was talking about the supporters I know not being happy rather than the club. On reading my post you are correct it does sound like I was saying the club were not happy - definitely the supporters. He is another small forward / attacking player but has a real eye for goal and was being compared to Muirhead who signed for DU in that he would try a shot from all angles which explains his goal ratio as you can't score if you don't shoot (as we know only too well !)

He was indeed released I was talking about the supporters I know not being happy rather than the club. On reading my post you are correct it does sound like I was saying the club were not happy - definitely the supporters. He is another small forward / attacking player but has a real eye for goal and was being compared to Muirhead who signed for DU in that he would try a shot from all angles which explains his goal ratio as you can't score if you don't shoot (as we know only too well !)

Killie poster on p&b saying quite the opposite in that he is a good finisher but not prone to digs from nowhere.

Assuming this guy has been signed for the under-20s (as Wilks was last time) for the time being, although given our attacking options at the moment he has half a chance of being on the bench in the near future