Tv Box Set - Scandal Wow !

Before leaving for work scanned through Amazon to find something to watch during my leave.

Lost got lost

Boardwalk was a disappointing end

24 went on too long

The last Homland series was disappointing.

House of cards - cant get into it

Found an ABC programme called Scandal in a box with three series. First series was so so not sure if I could get into it. However the second series was very good , now onto the third series where this programme seems to get stronger with every disc. Would say it is easily one of the best TV dramas I have seen in a long time.

Basics to the show Ms Pop is a fixer mostly to the white house but not only she has top people in her team. This programme has everything you could imagine and is fast paced. Its one of these programmes where you put the next disc on watching too much in one night. Gripping stuff.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Before leaving for work scanned through Amazon to find something to watch during my leave.

Lost got lost

Boardwalk was a disappointing end

24 went on too long

The last Homland series was disappointing.

House of cards - cant get into it

Found an ABC programme called Scandal in a box with three series. First series was so so not sure if I could get into it. However the second series was very good , now onto the third series where this programme seems to get stronger with every disc. Would say it is easily one of the best TV dramas I have seen in a long time.

Basics to the show Ms Pop is a fixer mostly to the white house but not only she has top people in her team. This programme has everything you could imagine and is fast paced. Its one of these programmes where you put the next disc on watching too much in one night. Gripping stuff.

Is there any shagging in it?

Mrs Mykey and I couldn't get into Scandal - we gave up after episode 2, series 1, funnily enough we really got into House of cards as well as Game of thrones, true detective, the tunnel, breaking bad, better call saul, fortitude and orange is the new black, all of which I'd recommend.

Mrs Mykey and I couldn't get into Scandal - we gave up after episode 2, series 1, funnily enough we really got into House of cards as well as Game of thrones, true detective, the tunnel, breaking bad, better call saul, fortitude and orange is the new black, all of which I'd recommend.

I started watching that thinking that it was well filmed with decent actors like Eccelston and Gambon , however it wasn't long before I realised , I was only watching it to find out what happened in the end as it became a hideous , drawn out f**king borefest with a really poor plot . Oh aye , there was some shagging in it , HSS but only at the beginning . .

Fargo on the other hand was far better and although the story was a bit different , it even bettered the movie with great performances from both Martin Freeman and Bill-Bob Thornton , however I believe that are bringing out a season 2. .stan.gif

Watched 'True Detective' with Matthew McConnaughy and Woody Harrelson - that was dark and hard to watch at times TV. Worth sticking with it though as both leads are superb. 'House of Cards' was brilliant I thought. Third series coming out soon.

Would suggest Suits as a good watch. I'm catching up on Breaking Bad as I missed that first time round and also watching The Wire on bluray again.

House of Cards is being downloaded too, but that's a while away from being watched.

For anyone who likes Marvel/DC type things I can also suggest Daredevil TV series, though only 4 episodes in and it's not the usual "Superhero" stuff.

Donno if its being shown over here but the blacklist is worth sticking with,or if you can find it a show called longmire is good.

Endorse this - Longmire was VG!

Longmire is VG - just read a fourth series is being made! clap.gif

Not to impressed with the recent adaption of Iain Bank's novel Stonemouth. If you've read the book don't watch the show, if you've not read the book then give it a chance - at only two episodes the plot development was a bit skimpy, I felt it could've done with another one. Also for a story that was supposed to be set north of Aberdeen the accents were a bit Glasgow-lite possibly due to many of the lead actors being English.

Bit of trivia - main character is called Stewart Gilmour just like wur ain Chairman! online2long.gif

Endorse this - Longmire was VG!

Longmire is VG - just read a fourth series is being made! clap.gif

Not to impressed with the recent adaption of Iain Bank's novel Stonemouth. If you've read the book don't watch the show, if you've not read the book then give it a chance - at only two episodes the plot development was a bit skimpy, I felt it could've done with another one. Also for a story that was supposed to be set north of Aberdeen the accents were a bit Glasgow-lite possibly due to many of the lead actors being English.

Bit of trivia - main character is called Stewart Gilmour just like wur ain Chairman! online2long.gif

I was listening to the Off The Ball podcast yesterday and it was the first time I'd heard that Stonemouth was being made into aseries, as an avid reader I'm pretty well Meh about screen adaptations of Novels, and having read the book I hold no hope of the film/tv adaptations having any sort of merit, although occasionally I am happily wrong.

I am waiting on someone to make a go of the " Culture " novels and the "Dark Tower" novels before I die, but I'm not betting my life on it... Boom Boom.

Edited by BaldyOzBud

Must admit I do more viewing on you tube these days , Chromecast has changed my life.

For those 50 and above, watched Big Deal , shown in 80s about a likeable maverick from London, its a bit cockney but good acting and great tension with the old poker . 30 episodes at 50 mins each.

Now onto Bodyline again from 80s , true story of the tactic the English Scum did on the Aussies and Don Bradman, bowling at the head and body, you could bowl 6 short balls in those day- good stuff.

Once I move out the 80s were incidentally Saints were fantastic I will let my psychiatrist know

I was listening to the Off The Ball podcast yesterday and it was the first time I'd heard that Stonemouth was being made into aseries, as an avid reader I'm pretty well Meh about screen adaptations of Novels, and having read the book I hold no hope of the film/tv adaptations having any sort of merit, although occasionally I am happily wrong.

I am waiting on someone to make a go of the " Culture " novels and the "Dark Tower" novels before I die, but I'm not betting my life on it... Boom Boom.

Yes & no - would love to see an ennobling adaptation of the novels but would hate to see some schlock director try and turn it into an action series.

Fuxake the season can't start quickly enough... Fargo however, is superb... the rest is mostly shite.

Indeed , Blur were right when they said that Modern Life is Rubbish and in particular , the fecking telly . They apparently spent £25 million quid on Fortitude , ffs. .bring back the days of The Prisoner and Emergency Ward10 , when we had some decent fitba' tae watch too. .

Oh aye , rant over , gie's a signing. .