Rangers Are Our Derby Game, Not Morton!

Why are some people so determined to call Rangers a new club? We all know that the powers that be have basically allowed them to go bust, wipe their debt and come back as the exact same entity.

People are starting to sound very bitter and twisted continually talking about Sevco, the NEW Rangers, THE Rangers etc etc

Get over it. They are Rangers. They have won the Scottish League many times. The Scottish Cup many times.

And in direct reply to the original poster.....when did Greenock move ? Last time I went there it was only around 15 miles away? Yes Rangers are closer, but they will never be our 'derby'. They do have history and real 'derby' partners after all!!!

Nope I am sorry that is legally, morally wrong. Only reason people like you state this is because no one has ever been to court over it. You cant have you cake and eat. Rangers FC was wound up, and don't forget the harm that not only caused the game, but also the livelihoods of decent employees and suppoliers, they were the victims. Hearts are Hearts was close but they are,

What about us. We have let go 12 players and will cut our cloth.

What do Rangers do old and new, spend , spend money they don't have.

Am I bitter, bloody right I am. I remember the Save the Saints campaign, we cut and cut and it was effort that got our rewards not mercenaries

Ok 15/20/30 miles what's the difference? Paisley is right next to Glasgow, therefore it's a lot closer than Greenock. If we count Morton as a derby then surely we count games against teams who are right on our doorstep as derbies also?

Got your season ticket for ipox yet??

No I haven't got a season ticket for Ipox. To take it further I have only ever seen one game at ibrox in my life and that was over 20 years ago. Wouldn't give them my money.

But I have moved on. Not once in any of my posts have I said what they did was right or that they did not go bust. My point is that the powers that be have allowed them to return claiming the full history of the original club. Nothing we do or say will ever change that.

This is a saints forum. We should be able to discuss things including Rangers Without ever second post whining about Sevco, newco, never played them before etc!

No I haven't got a season ticket for Ipox. To take it further I have only ever seen one game at ibrox in my life and that was over 20 years ago. Wouldn't give them my money.

But I have moved on. Not once in any of my posts have I said what they did was right or that they did not go bust. My point is that the powers that be have allowed them to return claiming the full history of the original club. Nothing we do or say will ever change that.

This is a saints forum. We should be able to discuss things including Rangers Without ever second post whining about Sevco, newco, never played them before etc!

Mr Gow if your going to post on here you need to be a bit less obviouslol.giflol.giflol.gif

As a business entity you are correct. My post was purely about the football side of things. Much as we may not like it, they have taken on the history of Rangers and are Rangers. No amount of newco, sevco, new rangers talk will change this and it does make people sound bitter with massive chips on their shoulders.

Let it be heard. I hereby take on the history of the Walt Disney Corporation. I am, therefore, Mickey Mouse. 1eye.gif

Having been away, I have now caught up with the postings on here and I am astounded that there are still arguments over oldco – newco. How tedious! The same folk are on here slating the BoD for the decisions they have made because “SG & co should remember the club belongs to the fans and the fans are the club”.

Funny how the blue vermin (Who I hate with a passion) are the legal entity. Let it go. Their fans feel the same!!!

Let it be heard. I hereby take on the history of the Walt Disney Corporation. I am, therefore, Mickey Mouse. :1eye

I'm taking Ally McCoist's history, so next week I'm being paid £800k for doing the garden, and I get to shag Hazel Irvine.

Having been away, I have now caught up with the postings on here and I am astounded that there are still arguments over oldco – newco. How tedious! The same folk are on here slating the BoD for the decisions they have made because “SG & co should remember the club belongs to the fans and the fans are the club”.

Funny how the blue vermin (Who I hate with a passion) are the legal entity. Let it go. Their fans feel the same!!!

Nawflipa.gif

It doesn't really matter if the authorities allow them to claim the history or not.

Rangers fc is in liquidation and the new club only has history going back to 2012.

That is a fact and no amount of whataboutery will change that.

The presence of the old firm is a cancer not just in Scottish football but in society in general.

What rangers fc did is one of the greatest ever scandals in sporting history. If we 'move on' then they will have got away with it.

We cannot and should not allow these people to trample all over us. We have to stand up to them.

The history and the trophies mean everything to them. We must never ever let them forget that their club is dead and what they have now is nothing more than a tribute act that has won nothing.

Having been away, I have now caught up with the postings on here and I am astounded that there are still arguments over oldco newco. How tedious! The same folk are on here slating the BoD for the decisions they have made because SG & co should remember the club belongs to the fans and the fans are the club.

The club may well belong to the fans and the club is the fans...

The problem for them is that its now a different club!

Edited by nosferatu

Having been away, I have now caught up with the postings on here and I am astounded that there are still arguments over oldco newco. How tedious! The same folk are on here slating the BoD for the decisions they have made because SG & co should remember the club belongs to the fans and the fans are the club.

Off beam.