New Strip

The St.Mirren Fans Council would just like to say a big thank you to all our fellow Saints supporters for their thanks and good wishes on the new home kit.

We are all St.Mirren ! Come on Ye Saints !

And a massive Thank you to the fans council for your input into the best home strip for some time.

Bring on the new season !!!

If the fans council are so proud of this year's effort then who is taking all the plaudits for last season's monstrosity?

I believe Pozbaird was involved in the cup winning strip of two seasons which was a great strip so why didn't the club think about getting his input in future efforts as last year's had 'shite season' written all over it. Any decent saints fan would have sent that back to JD with a firm 'get that shite tae f**k'.

If the fans council are so proud of this year's effort then who is taking all the plaudits for last season's monstrosity?

I believe Pozbaird was involved in the cup winning strip of two seasons which was a great strip so why didn't the club think about getting his input in future efforts as last year's had 'shite season' written all over it. Any decent saints fan would have sent that back to JD with a firm 'get that shite tae f**k'.

They did ask for my input the season following the LC winning kit. Like it or loathe it, the fluorescent yellow third kit with black shorts was my idea, as was doing the club crest on it in a single colour. JD Sports were keen on the idea as they were confident they could do a nice vibrant yellow. Apparently the players liked that kit.

Don't think it's any secret that I volunteered my services to do graphic work for REA during the 10000hours process, and part of that two-way benefit to us was that he got graphics done and he listened to my ideas for a simple traditional home kit which subsequently saw me design all three kits (and fulfil a lifetime ambition!). It also saw the HoF panels see the light of day, and the big circle graphics on the South and North stands. We had other ideas on the go, but when his association with the club ended, so did my graphics involvement.

That's the way it goes, had a nice wee run at it though!

Edit: I couldn't have done any better than what the Fan Council and JD Sports have just done for this coming season. That's already one of my favourite St Mirren strips ever. Simple, smart, clean... Black & White, nae' yellow...

Belter.

Edited by pozbaird

Top reminds me of Fila sponsored jersey from 2011-12 season. As for black shorts and socks it's a no no, as previously mentioned black shorts should be accompanied with white socks. An all black strip just reminds me of a Newcastle United outfit.

Wonder if JD have sold out of last seasons abomination yet????

Ive heard theres gonna be white socks available also as there may be some occasions we are unable to wear black socks due to other teams strips. Dont know if any truth just what i heard

The St.Mirren Fans Council would just like to say a big thank you to all our fellow Saints supporters for their thanks and good wishes on the new home kit.

We are all St.Mirren ! Come on Ye Saints !

How much say did you's have on the strip?

Did u guys design it or did they give u a few options??[/quote}

They gave us three samples shirts that were hidious so we re designed them and came up with the one you see.

History repeats itself. I was shown their three proposals for 2012/13 and immediately went to check that we hadn't actually changed our club colours to red, black and white, moved to Fife and re-named ourselves 'Dunfermline'.

ame="santaponsasaint" post="1284453" timestamp="1435088733"]

History repeats itself. I was shown their three proposals for 2012/13 and immediately went to check that we hadn't actually changed our club colours to red, black and white, moved to Fife and re-named ourselves 'Dunfermline'.

That said, I'm not averse to the occasional season with a subtle bit of red in the home strip.