New Kit Spoiler Alert

What St Mirren fans are going through is unacceptable. The club's silence is unacceptable. Have the fans council commented?

Not that I give a toss about football shirts, their "quality" or availability, but I was on the official site and noticed stuff on the Twitter feed that seems to indicate that the club is NOT silent and does seem to care.

Edited by bluto

The new home kit is now available to buy online in all adult sizes except for Small.

The Long Sleeve variation is available in every single adult size.

The new training track jacket is also available now.

For Juniors the long sleeve shirt is available online in Small (8-9yrs) and Large (12-13 yrs)

Can you buy Thistle strips in the Thistle shop? Do they have most, if not all sizes available? Can you order them online and if so, is it easy, or do you get some 'out of stock' bullshite? When you get a Thistle top, does it fit over your napper? Are Thistle supporting kids left disappointed and parents tempted to buy the latest Barca' top instead?

If the answers are yes, yes, yes, yes, and no, then Joma are better than JD.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, no.

What St Mirren fans are going through is unacceptable. The club's silence is unacceptable. Have the fans council commented?

This is a JD issue to fix. Not the club. Not the fans council.

The club issued a statement last week about the problem and four days later every adult size bar one is now available to buy at least online.

Can't comment on the situation at the shops.

The Junior issue is where the real heat is at and hopefully that will be resolved sharpish.

I'm really not sure what more the club could be expected to do here. We are in the hands of one of the largest sports retailers in the country here, the club can't really be held to blame for their f**k ups.

The club issued a statement last week about the problem and four days later every adult size bar one is now available to buy at least online.

The Junior issue is where the real heat is at and hopefully that will be resolved sharpish.

I'm really not sure what more the club could be expected to do here. We are in the hands of one of the largest sports retailers in the country here, the club can't really be held to blame for their f**k ups.

Agree, the club aren't to blame, but as per' earlier posts, just about every season there are kit issues with JD Sports, so what they should be doing (and I assume are doing), is to meet with them, and, in tones far more respectable and with more restrained language than mine, basically tell them to get their shit together or this deal will be the last one.

Pretty much what any of us would do if we were getting shit service from our internet provider, utility company, or anyone else - give them a chance to sort it, or take your custom elsewhere.

Maybe the club should be pressurising JD to give the kids something for the disappointment. Maybe a voucher for money off the away top or even just a voucher off next purchase. It is the kids who have been affected most in this.

Sorry, I wasn't aware the club had made a statement. I wasn't criticising them for what has happened.

It was just that I thought, it would be helpful for both to make s statement.

Think I'll just wait and see what new t-shirts the club shop get in for this season. Too many tales of woe, material too thin, stains inside the shirt etc and no doubt the sponsors logo will peel and flake after a couple of washes. Maybe I'm getting old but I'm not too bothered about not buying it

Think I'll just wait and see what new t-shirts the club shop get in for this season. Too many tales of woe, material too thin, stains inside the shirt etc and no doubt the sponsors logo will peel and flake after a couple of washes. Maybe I'm getting old but I'm not too bothered about not buying it

The sponsor logo won't peel and flake after a couple of washes if you simply run a bath of cool water and.... Nah, not posting it again for the one thousandth time...

Worse than the HoF panels!

Maybe the club should be pressurising JD to give the kids something for the disappointment. Maybe a voucher for money off the away top or even just a voucher off next purchase. It is the kids who have been affected most in this.

Agree with that mate. They should do something to make up for this debacle. Doesn't even need to cost much. Get a few of the players in the stores when the Junior Kit is back in stock and make a big deal of the "Re-Launch" day where junior buddies can go and pick up their kit from one of the players, and maybe throw in a £5 voucher of the away kit or something like that.

Agree, the club aren't to blame, but as per' earlier posts, just about every season there are kit issues with JD Sports, so what they should be doing (and I assume are doing), is to meet with them, and, in tones far more respectable and with more restrained language than mine, basically tell them to get their shit together or this deal will be the last one.

Pretty much what any of us would do if we were getting shit service from our internet provider, utility company, or anyone else - give them a chance to sort it, or take your custom elsewhere.

What if no other provider could come close to giving you the same sort of deal ? Would you still walk away ?

Agree with that mate. They should do something to make up for this debacle. Doesn't even need to cost much. Get a few of the players in the stores when the Junior Kit is back in stock and make a big deal of the "Re-Launch" day where junior buddies can go and pick up their kit from one of the players, and maybe throw in a £5 voucher of the away kit or something like that.

What if no other provider could come close to giving you the same sort of deal ? Would you still walk away ?

My thinking too. div.

Poz's example is the opposite from Saints' situation. Saints are benefitting financially from the deal no matter how disgruntled we as a support are. Look at last years fiasco. More stock left than sold no doubt but it made no difference to the buddies' coffers. More reason for a JD pull out than a Saints' one. The only reason for the BoD's pulling the plug would be to appease the supporters and when was the last time they worried about us?

Edited by stlucifer

My thinking too. div.

Poz's example is the opposite from Saints' situation. Saints are benefitting financially from the deal no matter how disgruntled we as a support are. Look at last years fiasco. More stock left than sold no doubt but it made no difference to the buddies' coffers. More reason for a JD pull out than a Saints' one. The only reason for the BoD's pulling the plug would be to appease the supporters and when was the last time they worried about us?

Playing Devils advocate here I think the board would argue that say two extra players on the budget thanks to the Sponsorship JD put our way might go some way towards appeasing the fans who have to put up with a shoddy strip launch.

If no other manufacturer can even come close, then why are Aberdeen with Adidas, Dundee Utd with Nike, Thistle and the fakes with Joma, ICT with Errea, Falkirk, Hearts and Hibs with Puma.... etc, etc.

Why, if JDs deal is so stonkingly good aren't they cleaning up with other Scottish clubs. Surely other clubs would kill for bespoke designs and a deal none of the other manufacturers can come close to?

Call me cynical, but the part of the deal that gives the club a staunner' is that they don't need to worry about anything after inking the contract - JD even have their own shops. That's fine and dandy - stick with JD forever if you want, but like any supplier, you enter a partnership with them to get a good service and product.

JDs service is shit. Willing to bet you Div that if the SMiSA / GLS bid comes to fruition, we may at least see some tendering for our gig and we'll see then how good the deals are.

Do we sell the kits in silverburn? Just been in the jd there and can't move for the old firm kits, Barcelona and Real Madrid tops etc but the only St.mirren item I could see was one old top on a clearance rack?? No new kit in sight

The JD stores in Paisley, Silverburn and Braehead are the only three sports emporiums that sell St Mirren kits and trainingwear. As I reported, my experience in the Paisley store was that St Mirren had one small rack of shirts on display in their only hometown outlet, while the display of Celtic and TCFKAR jerseys was more than double the size and occupied the area of the store that used to be the St Mirren section.

The JD stores in Paisley, Silverburn and Braehead are the only three sports emporiums that sell St Mirren kits and trainingwear. As I reported, my experience in the Paisley store was that St Mirren had one small rack of shirts on display in their only hometown outlet, while the display of Celtic and TCFKAR jerseys was more than double the size and occupied the area of the store that used to be the St Mirren section.

Silverburn even worse then, absolutely no new saints stuff in the shop, this really is a shambles, emailed jd about why no small tops yet on the website as well and got a we've sold out of them reply

Silverburn even worse then, absolutely no new saints stuff in the shop, this really is a shambles, emailed jd about why no small tops yet on the website as well and got a we've sold out of them reply

Did somebody not say on here that Silverburn had taken all of the new kit off display until they fixed the kids ones. But why are they still on sale in Paisley and Braehead you would think all 3 shops should have the same strategy. Edited by Frank McGarvey' wonky legs

Dundee don't. They have the same template for their home kit as everyone else, including hearts. Various clubs have the sash template for their away strip.

As far as I'm aware Thistle have a bespoke top for the second season in a row with Joma. Who, despite a poor reputation for some reason provide cracking kit.

I see what you are saying but it is exactly the same with the St.Mirren strip. The Ross County kit is the same template and it's just the print that's different. No manufacturer does a fully bespoke, design what you want, strip any more. There are parameters to work within for every company. Look at The Dundee away strip. It is a similar template to other Puma designs but with a bespoke print including the Dundee crest on front.

The Ross County kits and the St.Mirren kits are identical apart from the printed design printed on each panel. In St.Mirren's case it is thick stripes, in Ross County's case it is thin stripes. Just about all manufacturers apart from Nike and Adidas (who provide catalogue park kits for anyone other than their biggest teams) work this way.

Do we sell the kits in silverburn? Just been in the jd there and can't move for the old firm kits, Barcelona and Real Madrid tops etc but the only St.mirren item I could see was one old top on a clearance rack?? No new kit in sight

I think Silverburn pulled all stock due to the issues.