New Kit Spoiler Alert

The JD stores in Paisley, Silverburn and Braehead are the only three sports emporiums that sell St Mirren kits and trainingwear. As I reported, my experience in the Paisley store was that St Mirren had one small rack of shirts on display in their only hometown outlet, while the display of Celtic and TCFKAR jerseys was more than double the size and occupied the area of the store that used to be the St Mirren section.

We now have the back wall again in the Paisley store, but the red training shirts were out of stock in XL after one day. I'd love to see the contract and try finding the clause whereby JD can only stock what they can be arsed to instead of a sufficient level.

I see what you are saying but it is exactly the same with the St.Mirren strip. The Ross County kit is the same template and it's just the print that's different. No manufacturer does a fully bespoke, design what you want, strip any more. There are parameters to work within for every company. Look at The Dundee away strip. It is a similar template to other Puma designs but with a bespoke print including the Dundee crest on front.

The Ross County kits and the St.Mirren kits are identical apart from the printed design printed on each panel. In St.Mirren's case it is thick stripes, in Ross County's case it is thin stripes. Just about all manufacturers apart from Nike and Adidas (who provide catalogue park kits for anyone other than their biggest teams) work this way.

The JD kits are fully bespoke. It so happens both the St Mirren Fan Council and whoever did the Ross County one asked for similar collar designs this year.

Remember our scarlet and blue hooped third kit? Whatever I asked for, JD would (and could) do it. Absolutely anything I asked for when I did the designs, they did. Completely bespoke service.

An absolute boon - let down by pish-poor 'after sales service' - well, pish-poor pre, during, and after sales service to be fair.

The JD kits are fully bespoke. It so happens both the St Mirren Fan Council and whoever did the Ross County one asked for similar collar designs this year.

Remember our scarlet and blue hooped third kit? Whatever I asked for, JD would (and could) do it. Absolutely anything I asked for when I did the designs, they did. Completely bespoke service.

An absolute boon - let down by pish-poor 'after sales service' - well, pish-poor pre, during, and after sales service to be fair.

You should have asked them for a red tracksuit to be offered for sale. :-)

No manufacturer does a fully bespoke, design what you want, strip any more. There are parameters to work within for every company.

Did you see our kits last season ?

Have you EVER seen any other kit like that f**king horrendous away kit ?

If no other manufacturer can even come close, then why are Aberdeen with Adidas, Dundee Utd with Nike, Thistle and the fakes with Joma, ICT with Errea, Falkirk, Hearts and Hibs with Puma.... etc, etc.

Why, if JDs deal is so stonkingly good aren't they cleaning up with other Scottish clubs. Surely other clubs would kill for bespoke designs and a deal none of the other manufacturers can come close to?

Call me cynical, but the part of the deal that gives the club a staunner' is that they don't need to worry about anything after inking the contract - JD even have their own shops. That's fine and dandy - stick with JD forever if you want, but like any supplier, you enter a partnership with them to get a good service and product.

JDs service is shit. Willing to bet you Div that if the SMiSA / GLS bid comes to fruition, we may at least see some tendering for our gig and we'll see then how good the deals are.

Cancel some of my post... Just seen photos of tonight's ICT defeat to Astra in Europe - the teuchters are no longer with Errea, they're with Carbrini and JD... Quick, someone check if you can buy an ICT shirt in the ICT shop!

Cancel some of my post... Just seen photos of tonight's ICT defeat to Astra in Europe - the teuchters are no longer with Errea, they're with Carbrini and JD... Quick, someone check if you can buy an ICT shirt in the ICT shop!

Not currently. Must just be an English thing.

Not currently. Must just be an English thing.

Must admit I looked too - still showing Errea gear in their online shop and Errea logos on the site too. More importantly though, do Teuchters have bigger necks than us, and will their kids end up with new Barca' shirts instead?

PSL outsourcing proven sports they source the kit from likes of puma or Adidas or Nike. Aberdeen and Dundee Utd use an outsourcing company and sell more strips than us cause they have more supporters...this JD carry on is just not working out and for us to be approaching our 1st proper pre Season game this sat with no opportunity to by strip at game is shocking and not evening revealing an away strip is shambolic total unprofessional from club and JD bring back proven sports !!!

Got a text from JD Sports saying the top I pre ordered was ready to collect. Usually I don't buy tops but as I helped in a small way with the design I would get one get it signed and framed as a wee keepsake. So went in a hour ago to collect it and was told all pre orders will be 3 weeks till you can collect it. I was furious. Told them to cancel the order. Was told can't cancel till top is ready to collect. I know JD have put a lot of money into St.Mirren now it's time for this incompetent mob to be thrown out of our club. They are a absolute disgrace.

Edited by santaponsasaint

Ross County also moved to Carbrini last summer, and have also had a lot of issues with neck sizes with this years kits apparently.

Got a text from JD Sports saying the top I pre ordered was ready to collect. Usually I don't buy tops but as I helped in a small way with the design I would get one get it signed and framed as a wee keepsake. So went in a hour ago to collect it and was told all pre orders will be 3 weeks till you can collect it. I was furious. Told them to cancel the order. Was told can't cancel till top is ready to collect. I know JD have put a lot of money into St.Mirren now it's time for this incompetent mob to be thrown out of our club. They are a absolute disgrace.

:lol: Brilliant way to run a business.

Does anyone know if the amount we get from Carbrini for the kit deal and shirt sponsorship is more than we got from the old kit deal and sponsorship from Braehead? Have heard more than once that it was less, which is why Braehead ended up sponsoring the shorts/back of the shirts/whatever in a bid to make up the sum.

PSL outsourcing proven sports they source the kit from likes of puma or Adidas.....for us to be approaching our 1st proper pre Season game this sat with no opportunity to by strip at game is shocking and not evening revealing an away strip is shambolic total unprofessional from club and JD bring back proven sports !!!

the first league game of the 1984/5 season against Rangers at Ibrox saw the Saints team wearing the previous season's strips because the new ones weren't available from the manufacturer. The name of that manufacturer? Adidas.

Agree. Pish poor service from a pish poor company..... Fades to distance as BoD say 'we don't give a shit, we get the money, plus we don't need to do a damn thing, so while JD are shit and the folk trying to make a go of the St Mirren shop need to do it without the lure of playing kit to hook fans through the door, we don't care, it's a cracking deal... for us'.

Hope you raise this with fans council. It's a total joke

Was in Braehead store today. A few random new Saints shirts on one rack - which was behind a double-sized rack of new Celtic third kits facing the front of the store with two big Celtic advertising boards on top of the racks of green shirts.

Kick these cnuts to fcuk after 2017.

I think a bog standard adidas kit with our badge would fly off the shelves. It is time for actually examined the quality of our kit v a Scotland top. No contest. Yes it may be made in the same sweatshop but trust me it is still better material. Jd strips are cheap and low in quality