New Kit Spoiler Alert

Ended up having the misfortune of being at Silverburn tonight so popped into JD sports. Back wall full of Celtic stuff, next to it was sevco stuff. Eventually found around a dozen saints home shirts on a rack next to the Scotland rugby stuff. No training gear at all.

Ended up having the misfortune of being at Silverburn tonight so popped into JD sports. Back wall full of Celtic stuff, next to it was sevco stuff. Eventually found around a dozen saints home shirts on a rack next to the Scotland rugby stuff. No training gear at all.

ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

It wasn't "hidden"........................an improvement, surely? wink.png

Just seen on BBC South Today that Bourenmouth have NO shirts on sale. English Premiership and getting shite service from JD Sport

http://www.afcb.co.uk/news/article/replica-shirts-expected-to-be-on-sale-at-the-end-of-august-2593783.aspx

Kids in Bournemouth bursting into tears and wanting Arsenal / Chelsea / Man Utd shirts...

Just seen on BBC South Today that Bourenmouth have NO shirts on sale. English Premiership and getting shite service from JD Sport

Read that as 'Bournville' for a second, although that may be my opinion of JD Sports 'the chocolate teapot of sports retailing' influencing my ability to read properly...

Read that as 'Bournville' for a second, although that may be my opinion of JD Sports 'the chocolate teapot of sports retailing' influencing my ability to read properly...

Also, if you click the link in my previous post, Bournemouth are selling the kits in their club shop. Well, they will be, when they get any to sell. However, another JD supplied club selling JD manufactured kit in their own club shop eh? Pretty handy I'd imagine, you know, on matchdays and stuff when they have thousands of their supporters - customers, in the one place at the one time.

Perhaps the threat of a class action by ourselves and the other poor sods that have been affected by the absolute crap that is Carbrini / JD, could get us out of the remainder of the contract with this mob of shysters, assuming they have already paid the 100k for this season?

No matter what we won't ditch jd.

And if jd offer us a new deal when contract up we'll take it. As the money we get far outweighs anything we could generate even if we sold our own tops

Which brings me back to a question I raised before. If JDs St Mirren deal is 100k better than we could get anywhere else, why aren't a ton of clubs knocking down JDs door to get a piece of the action? ICT recently moved to JD but still have Subway as main shirt sponsor. Ross County are with JD but have (without Googling) one of Uncle Roy's companies as shirt sponsor. Clearly, aside from an upside-down Carbrini logo, Tranmere have a 'home solutions' type of shirt sponsor.

I keep hearing JD is worth 100k more than any other kit supplier could match. No wonder, as I do not believe comparing JD to the Adidas deals of Dumbarton or Accies, or the deals of any comparable club who are with another manufacturer is a fair one.

JD are our kit supplier, shirt sponsor, airdome sponsor and have their claws into advertising all around our ground. It seems to be a whole club sponsorship package, not just a kit supply deal. This would appear to have been initiated because REA had contacts at JD or some sort of existing relationship with someone in JD.

Given then that JD are in reality a major sponsorship partner of St Mirren FC - not much of a partnership if the supporters are getting an utterly shit service and the club chairman brands it a 'disaster'. Meetings scheduled soon? We were told all the teething troubles would be sorted after the first year 'Fila' sponsored shirt.

Would be interesting to see how much cash would be raised from a kit / trainingwear deal with Adidas lite, Puma or Umbro, a 'Braehead' type shirt sponsor, an 'Infiniti Cars' type stadium branding, and an 'Airport Car Parking company' type airdome sponsorship.... Comparing JD simply to 'any other kit supplier' simply cannot be fair.

Which brings me back to a question I raised before. If JDs St Mirren deal is 100k better than we could get anywhere else, why aren't a ton of clubs knocking down JDs door to get a piece of the action? ICT recently moved to JD but still have Subway as main shirt sponsor. Ross County are with JD but have (without Googling) one of Uncle Roy's companies as shirt sponsor. Clearly, aside from an upside-down Carbrini logo, Tranmere have a 'home solutions' type of shirt sponsor.

I keep hearing JD is worth 100k more than any other kit supplier could match. No wonder, as I do not believe comparing JD to the Adidas deals of Dumbarton or Accies, or the deals of any comparable club who are with another manufacturer is a fair one.

JD are our kit supplier, shirt sponsor, airdome sponsor and have their claws into advertising all around our ground. It seems to be a whole club sponsorship package, not just a kit supply deal. This would appear to have been initiated because REA had contacts at JD or some sort of existing relationship with someone in JD.

Given then that JD are in reality a major sponsorship partner of St Mirren FC - not much of a partnership if the supporters are getting an utterly shit service and the club chairman brands it a 'disaster'. Meetings scheduled soon? We were told all the teething troubles would be sorted after the first year 'Fila' sponsored shirt.

Would be interesting to see how much cash would be raised from a kit / trainingwear deal with Adidas lite, Puma or Umbro, a 'Braehead' type shirt sponsor, an 'Infiniti Cars' type stadium branding, and an 'Airport Car Parking company' type airdome sponsorship.... Comparing JD simply to 'any other kit supplier' simply cannot be fair.

You and JJ should swap dreams, you can dream about Carey and he can dream about fitba strips? wink.png