New Kit Spoiler Alert

I have been in correspondence with JD customer service after I was asked to rate their service for my order for my sons junior kit.

I have just been told that they will NOT be restocking the junior home shirt. This leaves me with a pair of socks and shorts for a junior kit but no shirt!

Although they have offered me 10% of my next purchase as a gesture of goodwill.

Given your experience to date the likely scenario will mean, unfortunately, 10% of nothing is.... well...

One day after it was worn, no mention of it on the club website, no mention of it being worn in the club website match report, no proper photo of it on the club website, no information when it will be on sale, nothing from JD Sports, no teaser pic, hee-haw.

Anyone would think we were in a deal that it doesn't really matter if we sell 50 or 5,000.

Apathy oozes out of every pore... Kick this fcuking mob into touch, and in the boardroom, give yourselves a shake.

My son likes both tops, but after today's visit to JD Silverburn, it doesn't look like he will get either.

They managed to have a few adult tops, but no kids at all.

I asked JD, just to annoy them really, when they would be stocking kids tops, but they have no idea when they will get them.

It's a total shambles as usual, and the usual apologists will say there are more important issues, but not to an 11 year old who's pals are kicking about in their new old firm kits, while he waits on JD getting their finger out their arse.

My son likes both tops, but after today's visit to JD Silverburn, it doesn't look like he will get either.

They managed to have a few adult tops, but no kids at all.

I asked JD, just to annoy them really, when they would be stocking kids tops, but they have no idea when they will get them.

It's a total shambles as usual, and the usual apologists will say there are more important issues, but not to an 11 year old who's pals are kicking about in their new old firm kits, while he waits on JD getting their finger out their arse.

I was there also this afternoon.

Just adult tops as you say.

I asked them also and got an unsatisfactory answer.

The wee yin managed to get me to part with some dough for a pair of Messi shinpads for her coaching.

I was there also this afternoon.

Just adult tops as you say.

I asked them also and got an unsatisfactory answer.

The wee yin managed to get me to part with some dough for a pair of Messi shinpads for her coaching.

Mine is now pestering me for the new Barca top instead.

Good message for the club to sending to the younger fans.

Mine is now pestering me for the new Barca top instead.

Good message for the club to sending to the younger fans.

And mine fancies the Real Madrid strip.

And she'll get it if the St Mirren ones can't be resolved before the end of August.

The fans council & smisa should be kicking down doors over this shambles

Pretty sure not so long ago a Fan Council member posted on here along the lines of 'enough - get this mob tae' fcuk'... I understand their frustration. After last season's worst kit of all time, the Fan Council get involved and come up with a very nice simple St Mirren strip that is classy looking, and a bright red away strip with black and white trim that gets back to our 'traditional' red away colour....

They've done their bit and are receiving applauds, then JD and the club fcuk everything else up.

Still nothing on the club website?

I'm genuinely confused how as a business JD don't promote a product that that will make them thousands of pounds and why our official club media makes no reference to it!?

JD Sports DO promote products that will make thousands of pounds - then hide a rag-tag selection of our kit behind them.

One day after it was worn, no mention of it on the club website, no mention of it being worn in the club website match report, no proper photo of it on the club website, no information when it will be on sale, nothing from JD Sports, no teaser pic, hee-haw.

Anyone would think we were in a deal that it doesn't really matter if we sell 50 or 5,000.

Apathy oozes out of every pore... Kick this fcuking mob into touch, and in the boardroom, give yourselves a shake.

I totally agree with this post.

Regarding the bit in bold, I'd actually go a little bit further. From reading previous posts by people on here I get the impression that Mr Gilmour or Mr Caldwell and other people associated with the Club take time to read threads on here. Well, Mr Gilmour/Mr Caldwell and whoever else, how do I explain to a relative with autism that I have his Home Shirt, Home Socks but no home shorts to complete the kit he wants to wear at his little group that play football a couple of evenings a week? Will I ever be able to purchase shorts for him? Should I just go and demand a refund from JD Sports for the shirt and socks and put the refunded money towards another Club's strip?

I totally agree with this post.

Regarding the bit in bold, I'd actually go a little bit further. From reading previous posts by people on here I get the impression that Mr Gilmour or Mr Caldwell and other people associated with the Club take time to read threads on here. Well, Mr Gilmour/Mr Caldwell and whoever else, how do I explain to a relative with autism that I have his Home Shirt, Home Socks but no home shorts to complete the kit he wants to wear at his little group that play football a couple of evenings a week? Will I ever be able to purchase shorts for him? Should I just go and demand a refund from JD Sports for the shirt and socks and put the refunded money towards another Club's strip?

Surely it's now well beyond the "ach, it's okay as we get the same amount no matter how many are sold" phase now. What we're now seeing is an absolute shambles of the highest order.

St Mirren's PR, media and marketing output is an absolute shambles. It is a multi-million pound business operation run as if it were a village fair. And I dare say some village fairs are rather more professional. Where is the official kit launch? The tease online weeks in advance? Where is the building up of anticipation so that kids are begging their parents to get it as soon as it comes out? None of that.

Where is the web TV? As far as I am aware almost every club in the top two divisions offers some sort of video output, whether match footage, interviews or whatever. Where is live coverage of games for fans outside the UK like the Old Squirm and others seem to do? Why are St Mirren not doing it? And if they are then I haven't heard of it. Where are stories planted in the local or national press? St Mirren barely get a mention in the papers apart from a few snippets here and there.

The answer, as always, is because they do everything on the cheap, with students or volunteers seemingly doing the bulk of the work. The whole thing needs overhauled but I suspect it won't happen under current management. thumbdown.gif

That red strip looks horrendous. Can't say I'm a huge fan of the design, but I think a lot of that comes down the quality with which the design intent has been executed.

Everything about the strip is rotten. The quality is without doubt the worst I've ever seen. You could buy better quality fakes.

I don't take exception to the fans' council's design but I take excpetion to them posting that picture as if it is some kind of success. When they met with JD to view that prototype did no one turn round and say "what the fcuk is that shitte?" If the fans' council are happy with that then there's a fundamental problem with the oragnisation itself.

All in all it is on a par with last seasson's yellow strip.

Edited by civilsaint

Maybe slightly off topic as my comment concerns the training kit as opposed to the replica playing kits but here it is anyway.

I placed an order for a couple of the training tops on the JD website, retailing at £22. They've arrived today and the label on the tag states that they should be £20. I'm now wondering why they have sneaked in an extra couple of quid for each top that I've bought bangin.gif

Maybe slightly off topic as my comment concerns the training kit as opposed to the replica playing kits but here it is anyway.

I placed an order for a couple of the training tops on the JD website, retailing at £22. They've arrived today and the label on the tag states that they should be £20. I'm now wondering why they have sneaked in an extra couple of quid for each top that I've bought bangin.gif

Indeed!