August 1St Away Vs Sheffield Wednesday

It is a bit of an odd preseason friendly really.

Would be like us hosting a much smaller English club in Paisley. Can't imagine that would generate much interest from our fans either.

We are. Bradford are minnows! ;)

Nah, to be honest, we went down there last season and played all sorts of games against all sorts of pub teams and dished out tankings left right and centre. This is a far more suitable fixture, I don't care what their fans think and their daft superiority complex. Don't seem to recall Wigan, Blackpool or Carlisle fans moaning like this in the last few years when we travelled down to them, two of whom have been far more successful in the last decade than Sheffield Wednesday.

It's a good friendly for us certainly, even if it is after our first competitive game.

It's just normally the 'bigger' team is at home for preseason friendlies like this, can see why Wednesday fans are a tad miffed. Can just imagine our twitter feed if we announced a home friendly against an English team who's home gates were around 10% of our own...

That's us got games on the Saturday 18th, 25th and 1st now with the league starting on the 8th.

Guess we will have a couple more midweek local away games to finish the schedule in between them. Albion Rovers or Clyde away on a Tuesday night anyone?

https://twitter.com/swfc/status/611503810557689856

Their fans don't seem too excited about the prospect of playing us.

Some Bradford City fans were far from excited also.

Bizarre as we are such a draw :P

ETA - If it was Bradford away 20 min drive :)

Wednesday away is only 45 mins :)

That'll do.

Edited by whydowebother

Over a 100 quid return on the train and no direct flights from Glasgow sad.png

Think will be a drive down and a premier inn for us.

Cheapest travel i could see at the moment apart from driving down, is the megabus. 4.40am bus Saturday morning, with return bus at 2am Sunday morning.

If you can get a group of 4 travelling you can get a group single ticket for GBP 77.00 each way. Less than 40.00 return each. Needs to be 2 x single journeys. If anyone has a rail card it's a bit cheaper.

Leave Central at 07:30'ish gets in to Sheffield via Manchester just after 12:00.

Sunday leaves the back of 09:00 and gets into Central about 1:30. Or there's a 4pm train too.

You need to travel on specific train to get the deal.

If anyone is going to Sheffield I have negotiated a Twin Room Bed and Breakfast for £ 75.00 at the Copthorne which is at Bramall Lane - about 10 minutes walk from the station.

Let me know and I shall give you the reference number.

This is obviously down to availability and subject to the hotels terms and conditions.

Edited by El Gingero