Sheffield Wednesday V St Mirren Friendly 1/8/15

shull

The knickerwetters pishing their pants at a preseason friendly :lol:

The thing is, there aren't actually many knickerwetting posts.

The thread is full of posts attacking knickerwetting posts that don't exist!

With regards to the result, my main worry about the appointment of Murray is that Dumbarton's defensive record under his watch was dreadful.

I just hope that today isn't a sign of things to come...

I have a friend who is a Wednesday fan who was at the game and he was shocked at how bad we were, he says we are by far the worst team they have come up against for a long time.

All in all pretty embarrassing!

Let's not wallow in our mediocrity just yet - give it another week.

Wednesday would be up challenging Celtic in the top flight if they played in our league. Stevie May who looked top class in our top flight struggles to get a game for them. Their resources dwarf of our own, I expect their reserve team would comfortably beat us.

Anyone who wasn't expecting a result like this today needs a big dose of reality. We will not play a side anywhere near their standard in our league campaign.

Edited by TopCat

I have a friend who is a Wednesday fan who was at the game and he was shocked at how bad we were, he says we are by far the worst team they have come up against for a long time.

All in all pretty embarrassing!

Ffs it was a friendly. Worse team? We have a bunch of young developing players along with new signings adapting to a new team and manager v a club with much better players, budget and operating at a higher skill level. On the day we have been well beaten and won't be the last time. That's football.

Have to say that was totally dreadful performance against a mediocre lower league side,defending was appalling,no steel or drive in the midfield and toothless upfront. My confidence for the season has gone and I feel Murray is not the man to take us forward,I had high hopes but we are terrible.

I'm off to hotel for a lye down.

Have to say that was totally dreadful performance against a mediocre lower league side,defending was appalling,no steel or drive in the midfield and toothless upfront. My confidence for the season has gone and I feel Murray is not the man to take us forward,I had high hopes but we are terrible.

Meet up later for that pint?

PS In case anybody's not got it lovestreets no much close to Sheffield than I am, and I'm in fcuking Arbroath. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Yeah, my confidence in our team has been destroyed, I don't think Murray has what it takes and we should send for Tangoman, I think any high hopes I had have been flushed down the pan.

I'm not off to a hotel for a lie down. I'm off to the lavvy - just pished myself laughing at your post.

Just back from the game. Saints totally outclassed by a bigger, faster, stronger side. Could have been more than five.

Pass marks of sorts to Carswell, Baird, McMullan and Morgan. Thought McLear had a very poor game and Howieson might as well not have been on the pitch for all he contributed.

Fortunately we'll not be playing teams that good every week in the Scottish Championship.

Cue the happy clappers who slept through relegation. We are at present a mid table team however hopefully Murray picks a few new players who can have us playing well come October ? I believe fully this is what's going to happen. Next few weeks are going to be a huge wake up call to the happy crew who see Hamilton, Patrick, county, Inverness and st.johnstone all play their footy at a higher level yet fail to accept our fall has been quite substantial . Look at the quality of player three years ago and see the team now. No contest.

Would rangers or hibs lost five today. No ! Rangers will absolutely hammer us next week. I predict a v v heavy defeat 5-0

To get anything from the game at Ibrox we will need our keeper and defence to play a blinder, considering how poor we are in both these departments I have to agree we are in for a hiding next Friday night.

Might just be me but accepting a 5-0 gubbing from Sheffield Wednesday as something that should just be expected shows how far we have fallen. Following that logic we might as well not turn up on Friday as "The Rangers" are bigger than us and have better resources - they also only lost 1-0 to Burnley who just came down from the Premiership.

Got to be 3 or 4 zip to Sevco ain't it ......... Bet365 offering 4/1 on the handicap Sevco -2 , fill your boots nologo.gif

Edited by Dare

Sheffield Wednesday's top earner may well earn more in a week than our entire starting 11 do and most likely the bench to. I am sure Wednesday would have skelped Rangers by a few goals at Hillsborough.

Not ideal but let's wait and see how we get on in the first few months of the season. I am sure we will have a much better squad come end of August. Langfield and shankland plus a few others will arrive in the coming weeks.:-)

Might just be me but accepting a 5-0 gubbing from Sheffield Wednesday as something that should just be expected shows how far we have fallen. Following that logic we might as well not turn up on Friday as "The Rangers" are bigger than us and have better resources - they also only lost 1-0 to Burnley who just came down from the Premiership.

Got to be 3 or 4 zip to Sevco ain't it ......... Bet365 offering 4/1 on the handicap Sevco -2 , fill your boots nologo.gif

Spot on, not that many years ago we were beating teams in the English top flight, but nowadays some supporters reckon we should accept that we can't compete with teams like Sheffield Wednesday for f**ksake!

Spot on, not that many years ago we were beating teams in the English top flight, but nowadays some supporters reckon we should accept that we can't compete with teams like Sheffield Wednesday for f**ksake!

Might as well accept it, as it is the reality. They play in England's second tier - we play in Scotland's. By your logic, should the likes of Hamilton and Kilmarnock be able to compete against EPL clubs?

Cue the happy clappers who slept through relegation. We are at present a mid table team however hopefully Murray picks a few new players who can have us playing well come October ? I believe fully this is what's going to happen. Next few weeks are going to be a huge wake up call to the happy crew who see Hamilton, Patrick, county, Inverness and st.johnstone all play their footy at a higher level yet fail to accept our fall has been quite substantial . Look at the quality of player three years ago and see the team now. No contest.

If we're mid-table we'll be scrapping for a play off place and that'll do me this season - anything else is bizarrely unrealistic given what's happened to our team in the past 2 years.

IM is patiently piecing together a team from - and with - virtually nothing. To suggest we should in any way challenge Rangers and Hibs this year is stupid. And we're currently way behind Falkirk as well.

This should, at least, be a 2 year project. Some of the nuggets on here are either willingly blind or just know nothing about football.

When?!

I don't recall us beating an English top flight side in the two decades I've been attending matches. I've seen us lose to Newcastle, Wigan and Middlesboro in that time from the top of my head.

And we can't compete with teams like Sheffield Wednesday, nor should we feel we need to given that they play in a completely different country to us. If we have even a tenth of their resources then we're lucky.

For the record, we lost 4-0 to Charlton in a friendly 2 pre-seasons ago whilst league cup holders and after a shocking start went on to finish 8th in the SPL. Pre-season is the square root of f**k all when it comes to significance.