The Blue Puke V St Mirren - 7/8/15

TopCat

Sevco are pish-poor at the back if we can get at them - however, we are scarily pish-poor at the back. Every time Sevco mount an attack I jump behind the sofa and watch through my hands in front of my face. That's with us in the game at 2-1 too. If we ship another one or two and 'heads go down'.... help ma' boab.

I don't want anyone to become a scapegoat, but we need a left back and a centre back who can command the box and make tackles.

Indeed. A thankless task being asked to lead the line on his lonesome against the strongest looking team in our league. Thommo's heart is willing but he hasn't the legs for this.

Yep Thompson needs people close to him to be effective.

Decent game, to be honest. We've come into it. Naismith and Baird looking good. Nothing on the left is a major concern.

Rangers look a tight enough outfit going forward, but not too clever at the back. Thompson up front on his own won't exploit that.

This was always going to be a tough start, happy to only be 2-1 down. Having said that, we at least look like we can cause them problems going forward, just need to track their players much better.

Remember, we are a work in progress. In Murray we trust.

Woulda taken that scoreline at half time after 5 minutes certainly.

We looked a bit rabbit caught in the headlights at the start and were well rattled. Understandable really, we are a very young side. The oldest player in our back 5 is Ridgers, who's 24.

Once the second goal went in thought game was over, but we bounced back well and our goal was superbly worked and well taken by young Howieson.

We are still in the game and will be as long as the score stays like this. Keep it at 2-1 till about 70 minutes then they will get nervous... And then boom. Bring on our secret weapon... Alan Gow!