The Blue Puke V St Mirren - 7/8/15

TopCat

What bile? Please highlight it in my post.

Thanks.

Sorry, many apologies its the nicest post on the forum (eh mods! Wink...wink)

Reference the 'Murray Rant' comment... If not him then who is responsible for Mallan not taking set pieces, Thommo taking penalties, Thommo playing most of the game, A battler like Goodwin warming the bench??? I can only go by the comments on here and several posters have highlighted these issues.

Sorry, many apologies its the nicest post on the forum (eh mods! Wink...wink)

Reference the 'Murray Rant' comment... If not him then who is responsible for Mallan not taking set pieces, Thommo taking penalties, Thommo playing most of the game, A battler like Goodwin warming the bench??? I can only go by the comments on here and several posters have highlighted these issues.

Ian Murray is responsible for many things. Signing players, picking them, the positions they play in, who is captain, what formation we play in, who is assigned penalty taker, who is on the bench, what substitutions are made.... and a lot more I have probably missed.

So, after one competitive league game. Away, at Ibrox, where we blootered a penalty over to make it 2-2, with 8 players under the age of 21, and with the transfer window still open for further business....

... excuse me for not hammering into Ian Murray and branding him a dud.

Oh, and thanks for retracting your statement that I fired 'bile' in your direction when I clearly did no such thing.

Ian Murray is responsible for many things. Signing players, picking them, the positions they play in, who is captain, what formation we play in, who is assigned penalty taker, who is on the bench, what substitutions are made.... and a lot more I have probably missed.

So, after one competitive league game. Away, at Ibrox, where we blootered a penalty over to make it 2-2, with 8 players under the age of 21, and with the transfer window still open for further business....

... excuse me for not hammering into Ian Murray and branding him a dud.

Oh, and thanks for retracting your statement that I fired 'bile' in your direction when I clearly did no such thing.

Of course you didn't fire bile in my direction (playing the game mods... Wink...wink)

And thank you for confirming the set up, and selection was indeed Murray 's responsibility. I apologise for offering opinions, engaging in debate, questioning anything and making suggestions.... What the hell was i thinking about? (There mods, look, not questioning one of your 'special' posters)

Of course you didn't fire bile in my direction (playing the game mods... Wink...wink)

And thank you for confirming the set up, and selection was indeed Murray 's responsibility. I apologise for offering opinions, engaging in debate, questioning anything and making suggestions.... What the hell was i thinking about? (There mods, look, not questioning one of your 'special' posters)

Bloomin' heck. The meltdown is in full swing, one game into the season.

no it wasn't was right in line with the linesman a view clearly took a nick of the rangers player

I actually thought 2 of the first 3 corners they had should have been goal kicks.

Awarded the right way then not only do we not lose the first goal, but it perhaps gives us a chance to calm the game down a little.

Rangers started at a very fast tempo, and we were under constant pressure which led to the first goal.

Had either of those been given as goal kicks, then we MAY have had a chance to ease that pressure.

Judging by some of the posts on here Jim Goodwin is going to be the Lee Mair of two years ago with folk believing his return to the side will immediately solve all our problem, ignoring the fact he's not much/any better than the guys in the team. And the longer he stays out the team the better he'll get.

Does he sell that Herbal Life shite too?

On the game as a whole, actually feeling very positive about the season as a result.

Last night will be the toughest challenge we will face this season - home league début for new manager (who actually seams to know what he's doing), against a team full of confidence after putting 6 by Hibs, and in front of a noisy capacity home crowd.

We have a young team, who've played only a single competitive fixture, and we know we're short of 3-4 players that we will have in the coming weeks.

If even two of those signings properly strengthen the squad then I can see us making the playoffs at the very least.

Roll on next Saturday!

Just back in from the pub some of the arse holes from Paisley who support the Rangers should grow up there behaviour for guys old enough to be Gran dads behaving like wee neds was embarrassing there was an old guy in front of me who was being an absolute nob it was like being inside Ibrox with his hatred towards HIS HOME TOWN TEAM .

I watched the game in The Abbey Inn (ex-Todholm inn) it was full of Saints fans (in fact there was only one huun) until half-time. However,. then around a half-dozen or so must have thought "f**k me were winning! must get down the pub and growl for The Gers"!

They made it in time for our best spell thumbup2.gif

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere on here but I'm not sifting through 28 pages o guff to find it. The reason we lost 2 goals were because players failed to track back - I think it was Agnew for the first which led to their corner; the second was McMullan who just let their LB bomb forward.

Although Howieson scored a lovely goal, he is a ghost on the pitch and the reason why Conlon has been hung out to dry in the games I've seen. It's something Howieson needs to improve on, fast, otherwise we'll have problems all year on that side.

The central defenders looked good and will get better, need experience to fill in though when one of them gets sent off (and they will).

It's probably been mentioned elsewhere on here but I'm not sifting through 28 pages o guff to find it. The reason we lost 2 goals were because players failed to track back - I think it was Agnew for the first which led to their corner; the second was McMullan who just let their LB bomb forward.

Although Howieson scored a lovely goal, he is a ghost on the pitch and the reason why Conlon has been hung out to dry in the games I've seen. It's something Howieson needs to improve on, fast, otherwise we'll have problems all year on that side.

The central defenders looked good and will get better, need experience to fill in though when one of them gets sent off (and they will).

We need games, and we need time. Hibs had 9 points after 9 games last year and still finished second. I liked our pace and our directness . McMullan looks class as does Mallan and I thought Baird and Naismith looked good. Agnew will do well and howieson needs time to. Thommo will play his part here, great in pen area. I would start him next 2 games.

Right now this league is wide open and its way to early for true form. So we lost at Sevco, big deal, 4 poinst next 2 games we are on the right track

Rangers are a decent side but they will struggle; as we did, if they insist on playing the ball out from the back. They dont look comfortable when pressed.The goalie looks terrible with the ball at his feet and big Darren, assuming he gets a game, has previous with crazy passing. I thought Murray was on to this in the second half. I'm looking forward to the next meeting of the two.