The Blue Puke V St Mirren - 7/8/15

TopCat

That's baws.

Not only is this a new club, it has a new manager, their best players departed so the team consists of youngsters and rejects from English lower divisions....

I don't see a gulf in class.

.... with the exception of the fans.

Those who are still turning up to be conned by the Spivs and wear blue need sympathy.

Those who will go there wearing b+w are like the folk who slow down to view Motorway car crashes.

I wouldn't give them the money.

Oh dear, I think THIS is way over the top.

Just because everybody isn't as consumed by Rangers as you certainly doesn't deserve this type of comment when they are supporting their team.

Time you took a step back.

That's baws.

Not only is this a new club, it has a new manager, their best players departed so the team consists of youngsters and rejects from English lower divisions....

I don't see a gulf in class.

.... with the exception of the fans.

Those who are still turning up to be conned by the Spivs and wear blue need sympathy.

Those who will go there wearing b+w are like the folk who slow down to view Motorway car crashes.

I wouldn't give them the money.

Are you expecting something from the game on Friday? Honestly?

It would be different if we were at home, but not there.

Oh dear, I think THIS is way over the top.

Just because everybody isn't as consumed by Rangers as you certainly doesn't deserve this type of comment when they are supporting their team.

Time you took a step back.

I take an interest in the way in which the The Rangers fans are being ripped off, and how The Rangers are(and have been) weirdly financially managed and how they can just 'get' SIX players from a top English team to turn up and play for them. The cheating continues. I don't think that is anything other than healthy, given that the team I support does not 'benefit' from such things.

Your colours are nailed firmly to the mast, I know.... :)

... when you take your step back on Saturday, mind and keep on the hard shoulder.

Are you expecting something from the game on Friday? Honestly?

It would be different if we were at home, but not there.

I do expect 'something' . I don't expect utter capitulation, which is what you seem to be advocating as acceptable. THIS is NOT Rangers. Saints final match against them showed that what once was a big TEAM was on its way out.

This is a team that couldn't get out of the second division despite it having better players last year than it now has.

Where's the fear in that?

I take an interest in the way in which the The Rangers fans are being ripped off, and how The Rangers are(and have been) weirdly financially managed and how they can just 'get' SIX players from a top English team to turn up and play for them. The cheating continues. I don't think that is anything other than healthy, given that the team I support does not 'benefit' from such things.

Your colours are nailed firmly to the mast, I know.... :)

... when you take your step back on Saturday, mind and keep on the hard shoulder.

I do expect 'something' . I don't expect utter capitulation, which is what you seem to be advocating as acceptable. THIS is NOT Rangers. Saints final match against them showed that what once was a big TEAM was on its way out.

This is a team that couldn't get out of the second division despite it having better players last year than it now has.

Where's the fear in that?

I'm not saying it is Rangers, it is a new club. Nor am I saying capitulation would be acceptable, it never is.

What I am saying is I expect us to lose by 2 or 3 goals, maybe 4. Their team looks far better this year than it did last year judging by the way they annihilated Hibs, and their budget is many times our own.

I just hope our fans don't go into meltdown mode if this happens. Our season starts against Dumbarton.

Your colours are nailed firmly to the mast, I know.... smile.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That upset missed the FACT the game's on Friday. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Whatever your extreme beliefs are it doesn't give you the right to decry St Mirren supporters who want to support their team. thumbdown.gif

I'm not saying it is Rangers, it is a new club. Nor am I saying capitulation would be acceptable, it never is.

What I am saying is I expect us to lose by 2 or 3 goals, maybe 4. Their team looks far better this year than it did last year judging by the way they annihilated Hibs, and their budget is many times our own.

I just hope our fans don't go into meltdown mode if this happens. Our season starts against Dumbarton.

They also just took the 3 from Peterhead, where does that fit in the new "Barcelona" type view?

I think you're basing a lot on the Hibs game, which you mention regularly.

Don't misunderstand, obviously they are favourites but if we can't have any hope at this stage of the season then we're doomed right enough.

Wouldn't it have been just as difficult when we played them a few years ago and drew 1-1?

I wouldn't stick a big bag of money on us, but I'm not convinced it'll be the dawdle you seem to think.

Some of our fans will always go into meltdown . Unfortunately that's just the way it is .

That aside , I really don't see why we can't go there and come away with something .

A bit of positivity can't be a bad thing , can it ?

^^^^^^^^^^^^ That upset missed the FACT the game's on Friday. bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

No. I didn't.

I have a fiver on Saints to win AND I'll probably catch the end of it FREE on BT SPORT1.

By all means, ignore the salient parts of my comment and nitpick... like a pedant.

Whatever your extreme beliefs are it doesn't give you the right to decry St Mirren supporters who want to support their team. thumbdown.gif

What's extreme about the truth? It's not just belief - it's fact.

This is new club with new players. They have been a financial laughing stock for years now. Their fans are shelling out constantly but doubtless the King over the water will EVENTUALLY buy them back into Europe. (that last bit is probably NOT fact)

And as for decry...? Hah! :lol:

Other than to suggest going to Ibrox is like watching the aftermath of a car crash, where in my posts have I decried anyone?

Here are synonyms 'decry', just to give you a clue what it really means...

denounce, condemn, criticize, censure, damn, attack, fulminate against, rail against, inveigh against, blame, carp at, cavil at, run down, pillory, rap, lambaste, deplore, disapprove of, vilify, execrate, revile

No. I didn't.

I have a fiver on Saints to win AND I'll probably catch the end of it FREE on BT SPORT1.

By all means, ignore the salient parts of my comment and nitpick... like a pedant.

What's extreme about the truth? It's not just belief - it's fact.

This is new club with new players. They have been a financial laughing stock for years now. Their fans are shelling out constantly but doubtless the King over the water will EVENTUALLY buy them back into Europe. (that last bit is probably NOT fact)

And as for decry...? Hah! lol.gif:

Other than to suggest going to Ibrox is like watching the aftermath of a car crash, where in my posts have I decried anyone?

Here are synonyms 'decry', just to give you a clue what it really means...

denounce, condemn, criticize, censure, damn, attack, fulminate against, rail against, inveigh against, blame, carp at, cavil at, run down, pillory, rap, lambaste, deplore, disapprove of, vilify, execrate, revile

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Fizzing. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

"Other than" then you didn't? 1eye.gif

Consumed. bye1.gif

Where do you get 'fizzing' and 'consumed' from?

Is it cos I is a 'Hater'? :lol:

I merely have opinions... and from discussion on here I think that even you believe this forum should all be about opinions. Why do you want me to stop talking about this festering sore on the face of Scottish fitba?

It's my opinion that Scottish Football has been and is still being distorted by the dirty five way deal done by the SFA, behind closed doors, to force a new The Rangers into division 4, to aid a bunch of spivs, who saw the great potential in selling a lie to poor, gullible Rangers fans.

Millions of pounds have been raised and squandered, most of it coming from the fans pockets. The teams and fans in the lower divisions have all been shafted by an overpaid squad stumbling through the leagues against lower budget, part time players. Not a level playing field - nothing to do with sporting fairness.

The only thing that seems to have been consumed - not least by your good self - is the myth of it being the same team.

I hope this helps? :)

I cant believe some of the apologists on here that jump on your comment if you have an opinion that the club/board have got it wrong... But also believe Sevco have already won the league, Hibs were second and we should be happy avoiding relegation!

Read the BBC interview... Murray has targeted the league title, so we should be looking to go to Ibrox on Friday and get a result. Sevco may have recruited a few better quality players than us, but as last season has shown they are vulnerable at home when it doesn't go for them. What better opportunity than the first league game as the club who were playing top flight football last season to do one on them in their ain back yard?

No doubt i will get pelters for suggesting we could win on Friday. If so big hairy bollocks to you in advance! SMTID

Edited by Lord Pityme

They also just took the 3 from Peterhead, where does that fit in the new "Barcelona" type view?

I think you're basing a lot on the Hibs game, which you mention regularly.

Don't misunderstand, obviously they are favourites but if we can't have any hope at this stage of the season then we're doomed right enough.

Wouldn't it have been just as difficult when we played them a few years ago and drew 1-1?

I wouldn't stick a big bag of money on us, but I'm not convinced it'll be the dawdle you seem to think.

Well of course we might get something, it's football anything can happen. Hope is one thing, being realistic is another. We will probably lose on Friday, and anyone who thinks different needs a reality check. Our season won't be defined by the two games at Ibrox, it will be defined by the other thirty four.

I certainly never referred to them as the new Barcelona ...? :huh: Only took 3 off Peterhead in a cup game...? Yeah that's a good sign...Maybe they knew they were through and took the foot off the gas?

They're not a great side, but I would say they look far better than us. And as you'd expect them to be given the huge gulf in resources between the sides. I expect them to win the league by over 15 points.

I just want this circus of a game out the way so we can get to the proper business. The games against Dumbarton, Morton and Livi in the three weeks following are the big ones for us.

I'd go with this Gallagher to come on later get the winner 2-1

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBlack & White Army1438704719.021702.jpg

I hope with we go with that team in Friday night. Goodwin at the back for a bit of experience would be my choice aswell as moving Kelly to left back to cover as the boy Conlan looks vulnerable.

I would prefer Kelly at centre half long term but for this particular game I think that team is a no brainer.

On the face of it a reasonable summary of the current situation.

We are 9/2, not enough to make me have a flutter I'm afraid.

It's a tough opening match, not impossible we can win but, quite rightly, they are favourites.

I notice this reports predicts 2-0, not the thumping some on here can envisage.

Heart says 1-2......................head agrees with this report 2-0 and we move on. whistling.gif