First Team Squad

According to the official website, here is a list of our first team squad....

First Team Squad
2 Naismith, Jason DEF 3 Kelly, Sean DEF 6 Goodwin, Jim DEF 7 McGinn, John MID 8 Gow, Alan MID 9 Thompson, Steven FWD 12 Ridgers, Mark GK 14 Reilly, Thomas FWD 30 Baird, Jack DEF 31 Mallan, Stephen MID 32 McLear, Lewis MID 34 Morgan, Lewis MID 49 Callaghan, Allan (sponsor) SPR 50 Fulton, Jack (sponsor)

SPR

We also have two 19 yr old midfielders, Barry Cuddihy, and Jordan Stewart with 19yr old Dan Wilks as Goalkeeper.

Up until now, I have NOT been on of those posters who are greetin about the lack of signings, but with pre season training around the corner, we do look a wee bit bare. I know the old saying " never hurry a Murray", but come on Ian Murray give us something. IF NOTHING ELSE IT MIGHT STOP US ALL WRITING THIS PISH!

Last season Southampton started their preseason training with a wafer thin squad. The tweet from their manager of a picture of an empty pitch with the words 'ready for preseason! ' went viral. Many experts and even their own fans predicted relegation.

Of course they went on to have their best season in the Premier League era and qualified for Europe.

In 2010 Kilmarnock didn't even have a manager by this point in pre season, never mind any signings. They went on to finish in the top 6, something they haven't managed since.

In short, I'm certainly not panicking on the signing front.

I will say I was at least expecting all of the out of contract players situations to be resolved by now, and I'm surprised Thompson's hasn't been as of yet.

Last season Southampton started their preseason training with a wafer thin squad. The tweet from their manager of a picture of an empty pitch with the words 'ready for preseason! ' went viral. Many experts and even their own fans predicted relegation.

Of course they went on to have their best season in the Premier League era and qualified for Europe.

In 2010 Kilmarnock didn't even have a manager by this point in pre season, never mind any signings. They went on to finish in the top 6, something they haven't managed since.

I will say I was at least expecting all of the out of contract players situations to be resolved by now, and I'm surprised Thompson's hasn't been as of yet.

Unfortunate combination of timing of holidays and coaching courses means they haven't had chance to sit down and talk yet.

Will happen next week. I believe Murray wants Thommo to stay but I guess it might come down to whether the big man wants to start coaching or maybe he might get a better offer elsewhere. I'd be sad to see him go but at the end of the day it has to happen sometime and we do need to move on.

A fit Thommo would be a massive asset in the Championship IMO.

I agree with what you are saying. I just don't want to leave things to the last min. With us facing Rangers in our first game, I would much rather have everything in place and a good pre season behind us. COYS

Unfortunate combination of timing of holidays and coaching courses means they haven't had chance to sit down and talk yet.

Will happen next week. I believe Murray wants Thommo to stay but I guess it might come down to whether the big man wants to start coaching or maybe he might get a better offer elsewhere. I'd be sad to see him go but at the end of the day it has to happen sometime and we do need to move on.

A fit Thommo would be a massive asset in the Championship

Agreed! I think he would be a smash in that division. Would we tempt him with a coaching role?

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

A fit Thommo would be a massive asset in the Championship

Agreed! I think he would be a smash in that division. Would we tempt him with a coaching role?

Personally I think it's a no brainer, a fit Thommo would terrorise this league, and as he's doing his badges it wouls be a perfect fit for both parties, here's hoping...

I agree with what you are saying. I just don't want to leave things to the last min. With us facing Rangers in our first game, I would much rather have everything in place and a good pre season behind us. COYS

Its The Rangers we are facing.

Rangers are an entirely different club which is currently in liquidation.

Whats everyones panic theres weeks till the new season, cant our manager have a few jaunts out if the country when contracts have expired and the squad needs rebuilding? Look above another poster reckons its in our interest to wait till the last minute as its worked well for others. Mond you how did it work for us last season?

To put things in perspective as regards to player movement, then I can only assume it's because most players and coaching staff are still on holiday. The young lad who works beside me who Saints are interested in signing is on holiday with his pals in Spain until a week today, I imagine many players are doing similar before returning to pre season training and then finding out about moves.

Plenty of time and no need for panic as the majority of moves have yet to happen.

According to the official website, here is a list of our first team squad....

First Team Squad
2 Naismith, Jason DEF 3 Kelly, Sean DEF 6 Goodwin, Jim DEF 7 McGinn, John MID 8 Gow, Alan MID 9 Thompson, Steven FWD 12 Ridgers, Mark GK 14 Reilly, Thomas FWD 30 Baird, Jack DEF 31 Mallan, Stephen MID 32 McLear, Lewis MID 34 Morgan, Lewis MID 49 Callaghan, Allan (sponsor) SPR 50 Fulton, Jack (sponsor)

SPR

We also have two 19 yr old midfielders, Barry Cuddihy, and Jordan Stewart with 19yr old Dan Wilks as Goalkeeper.

Up until now, I have NOT been on of those posters who are greetin about the lack of signings, but with pre season training around the corner, we do look a wee bit bare. I know the old saying " never hurry a Murray", but come on Ian Murray give us something. IF NOTHING ELSE IT MIGHT STOP US ALL WRITING THIS PISH!

Reilly & Thompson are not signed so how are they listed?

A fit Thommo would be a massive asset in the Championship IMO.

That's the question. If he was still suffering pain from his op at the back end of last season what are the chances be will ever he fully fit again I wonder.

Edited by David Mc

I'm never quite sure which I prefer in the preseason signing bunfest - the excitement of seeing which 10 new numpties we'll sign right up to the week after the season starts, or just for once having a settled squad that only needs a bit of tweaking round the edges.

Would be nice to try the latter for once, just to see what it's like.