Signings

Agnew's signing before the end of the week apparently. He verbally agreed to come before his holiday and now the formalities are being dealt with now he's back.

Makes sense.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was a couple signing though.

He said he's needing 8 or 9.

That's the figure I saw as well. Wonder what positions we'll bring in? We definitely need another goalie, centre-half, leftback (Kelly is being played in the middle) and a couple of strikers even if Thompson stays. That leaves four or five.

Signing news before the end of the week, according to Div.

Yes but did he say which week?

Every year we have this panic, fuelled by everyones ability to use this new online world to vent frustration, circulate rumour or just talk nonsense. Until the interweb was invented the term "knickerwetting" was not used so freely in describing concerned fans with who clearly do not have enough to worry about in other aspects of life. A knickerwetter was just someone who pished in there knickers.

This year I shall not examine everything that my teams manager does just so closely. This year I will be more relaxed in my support for my team (although just as fervent). This year is the year that I head down Greenhill Road way with the sole intention of enjoying my day at the "fitbaw". After all I paid good money for that season ticket and hopefully I shall enjoy ownership of this season ticket unlike last season when my season ticket brought me boredom and pain.

Relax, be more interesting, get out and enjoy the fresh air. The football season has not started yet so let us worry about it then. Life is for living, for living indeed.

There will be news before the end of the week regarding two players.

Players coming in or players leaving?

Going to be very meh if it's just Thompson signing a new deal, he's done I think.

Edited by JJ McG

I'm not yet impressed with Murray and hope he makes me eat my words. He seems to have changed his mind about how many signings we may require based on one pre-season training session and guys doing fitness tests. When he took over he said he reckoned we would need to sign 8 or 9 players and bring in some senior pros to help the younger players he was left with from last year's squad. At the minute we have 12 players in the squad after Gow and Thompson re-signed and Agnew was brought in. David Barron is coming in on trial next week after 18 months without a club due to injury, Gow signed for us before the summer after being without a club due to a long term injury. Thommo missed half of last season due to injuries. Agnew has been a decent part time player in this division and so you would hope stepping up to full time should mean he will improve further. I realise that we will probably keep adding to the squad until the window shuts and we will have to take a few punts and hope for the best due to our budget, I'd still like to see some full time senior players signed without recent serious or recurring injury problems who come from clubs of a similar status to us (Partick Thistle, Dundee, Hamilton, Killie, Falkirk, Raith Rovers) and am concerned that with their injury records we could easily see our senior players supporting the young guys from the sidelines rather than on the pitch.

I'm not yet impressed with Murray and hope he makes me eat my words. He seems to have changed his mind about how many signings we may require based on one pre-season training session and guys doing fitness tests. When he took over he said he reckoned we would need to sign 8 or 9 players and bring in some senior pros to help the younger players he was left with from last year's squad. At the minute we have 12 players in the squad after Gow and Thompson re-signed and Agnew was brought in. David Barron is coming in on trial next week after 18 months without a club due to injury, Gow signed for us before the summer after being without a club due to a long term injury. Thommo missed half of last season due to injuries. Agnew has been a decent part time player in this division and so you would hope stepping up to full time should mean he will improve further. I realise that we will probably keep adding to the squad until the window shuts and we will have to take a few punts and hope for the best due to our budget, I'd still like to see some full time senior players signed without recent serious or recurring injury problems who come from clubs of a similar status to us (Partick Thistle, Dundee, Hamilton, Killie, Falkirk, Raith Rovers) and am concerned that with their injury records we could easily see our senior players supporting the young guys from the sidelines rather than on the pitch.

Murray is not the man as i have stated before..very impressive as a manager..

I'm not yet impressed with Murray and hope he makes me eat my words.

Me neither. Played 0, Won 0, Drew 0, Lost 0, Goals For 0, Goals Against 0.

Pish. Britain's lowest scorers yet again and no wins at home. Get this dud tae' fcuk out of our club.