Signings

Interesting article in the Evening Times today. Partick Thistle talking up their Scout network. Meanwhile, Davy Weir on the radio bemoaning Rangers lack of Scouts. I know this has been debated before and differing views on cost but do we have any Scouts or are all our eggs in the youth acadamy basket?

Murray in today's PDE saying he's after two strikers, a leftback and a goalie. No mention of a centre-half, although in the article he does talk about the Danish boy. No contract offered as of yet.

Edited by Stu

Murray in today's PDE saying he's after two strikers, a leftback and a goalie. No mention of a centre-half, although in the article he does talk about the Danish boy. No contract offered as of yet.

Thats fine because we have such a capable central defensive outfit. I guess this means Goodwin if played is going back into defence?

Thats fine because we have such a capable central defensive outfit. I guess this means Goodwin if played is going back into defence?

Kelly and Baird are first choice at the moment I would guess with Goodwin able to play there. Could also go a back three with Naismith...

Only in Scotland could folk still be saying stuff like this after seeing what Hearts did last season.

unsure.png

To be fair, the hearts defence had Ozturk, Wilson and Alexander in it. All pretty experienced players.

I'd be relatively happy with Kelly paired with Mads (if he passes muster) in the centre of defence, with Baird as back up.

The left back position is a difficult one to fill. Maybe we could get on the blower to Jure Travner.

Edited by FTOF

To be fair, the hearts defence had Ozturk, Wilson and Alexander in it. All pretty experienced players.

I'd be relatively happy with Kelly paired with Mads (if he passes muster) in the centre of defence, with Baird as back up.

The left back position is a difficult one to fill.

I would not be perfectly happy with Kelly at centre half! I'm seeing visions of the shooting gallery at ibrox like the 7-1 game!

I would not be perfectly happy with Kelly at centre half! I'm seeing visions of the shooting gallery at ibrox like the 7-1 game!

Fair enough.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

I'm not really sure where your vision is coming from though.

Afternoon drinking perchance?

The left back position is a difficult one to fill.

Eh? Ozturk is 22 and played a few games in the Eredevisie and some in the Turkish equivalent of the Championship? And the very fact that you're referring to Wilson as an experienced player (which in this context its fair to say he is), tells you how inexperienced Hearts were in general.