New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

I guess if they've started paying their membership already then the horse may have already bolted on that one. I didn't know they had started paying. I had hoped an alternative plan might have been thought up where everybody could contribute to the bar and use it.

I'd have happily put money to that.

The monthly payments haven't started, but the initial joining fee was taken. I can't see 200 making it every week, so as Div says there's no doubt plenty of scope for change. The recent get together for pics and to view the work to date did see mention of a committee being formed. Not sure we need one, what with a club board, Fans Council and even potential for a SMISA advisory council for guiding the appointed board member. Good grief, how much bureaucracy do we need.

I think the fans council will eventually be left out to dry on this one and the club will make the decision to operate this venture like any other normal supporters bar/social club of football clubs up and down the country.

Even if it were to open its doors to all on the first day I doubt it would reach maximum capacity.

show the early match on the TV and allow people to use this facility without this member only nonsense.

If only 200 members have signed up to this then I reckon maybe 25% will be regular users with the rest having the occasional orange juice.

Not sure if St Mirren will be able to feed ( their ) sky link into the bar though I may be wrong here.

Sky charge license premises around 15,000 a year. With the bar only opened every second week that would be a huge chunk of the profit margin.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

This isn't quite true. The fee for licensed premises isn't fixed, it's based on a combination of the rateable value of the premises which differs hugely from pub to pub, and also depends on discounts for taking on certain beers etc. For smaller premises the lowest possible cost is something like £125 per month plus one off setup fees.

Edited by zurich_allan

If it wasn't for members there would be no supporters club to argue about. It's that simple.

No it's not. There are plenty of alternative funding streams that could have been explored.

I've no problem with the membership thing, just hope that it's opened up to the wider public soon enough. It's the only reason why I didn't progress with my membership.

No it's not. There are plenty of alternative funding streams that could have been explored.

I've no problem with the membership thing, just hope that it's opened up to the wider public soon enough. It's the only reason why I didn't progress with my membership.

This was also my reason for not taking up the membership offer - nobody i would like to have gone into the bar with were taking it up and i would need to ask for permission to take family/friends in and it would cost them £6 each for the privilege of buying a drink when they could buy 2 pints in the Tile for that £6, no brainer Tile bar wins, private members bar loses.

This was also my reason for not taking up the membership offer - nobody i would like to have gone into the bar with were taking it up and i would need to ask for permission to take family/friends in and it would cost them £6 each for the privilege of buying a drink when they could buy 2 pints in the Tile for that £6, no brainer Tile bar wins, private members bar loses.

you would be barred Peter lol.

If the bar will hold 400. Thats about 1/4 of the fans at a decent home game. Should be enough space then to do without all the member/sign in/pay at door 1st drink free bollocks surely.

it's the membership money that's paying for it to be built. It's lay empty for 6 years with the currant board showing no interest in converting it. So no members money no bar. Unless you gonna put up the £50.000.

it's the membership money that's paying for it to be built. It's lay empty for 6 years with the currant board showing no interest in converting it. So no members money no bar. Unless you gonna put up the £50.000.

Strange that, why did the fans council tell the support that the vast majority of the cost of refitting the void was paid by the club?

How much did the fans council really need to contribute as it's no way near to the full cost as you're claiming.

Who is telling the truth?

Strange that, why did the fans council tell the support that the vast majority of the cost of refitting the void was paid by the club?

How much did the fans council really need to contribute as it's no way near to the full cost as you're claiming.

Who is telling the truth?

does it really matter? An agreement was reached between The Club & the Fans Council & funding to pay for the fit out etc was agreed & a supporters club {albeit a private members club (at this time)} is being built.

Who is paying for it is no one elses business but The Club, the shareholders, the Fans Council & whoever has paid the £60 founder members fee.

As the opening of the bar draws closer, there will be more gnashing of teeth about it being members only blah blah blah. Everyone had the same opportunity to sign up to it but so many chose not to. It may not be the right model for sustainability and I am a firm believer, it will not be long before it becomes the 1877 Supporters Bar on a 1st come 1st served basis.

If you haven't signed up to it now, bide yer time, you will get in soon enough. Thank f**k there were 200 or so folk able to pay the £60 founders fee that has helped fund this build. Without that money, it doesn't look like this would have been done.

Edited by Kombi Buddie

that`s a lot of money they`re raisin .

sorry. couldn`t resist !! whistling.gif

It is a lot of money thing is that money could have been raised far quicker from the wider support. Not making a dig at the Fan Council here they are doing what they think is right. Unfortunately they have got it wrong in my opinion as will prove when they eventually realise they will have to open up to the wider support to help boost profits. Every second Saturday with limited membership will not bring in the profits forecasted.

This bar has an opportunity to hold special nights , birthdays , supporters dances , special guest nights. There is opportunities in the market.

It is a lot of money thing is that money could have been raised far quicker from the wider support. Not making a dig at the Fan Council here they are doing what they think is right. Unfortunately they have got it wrong in my opinion as will prove when they eventually realise they will have to open up to the wider support to help boost profits. Every second Saturday with limited membership will not bring in the profits forecasted.

This bar has an opportunity to hold special nights , birthdays , supporters dances , special guest nights. There is opportunities in the market.

I don't think the overall intention is just to have it open only on match-days and will in time be used for the other things you mention

There would never be a perfect model to suit everyone. This model isn't perfect but guess what, the bar has been built. My guess is that you will soon be drinking a few pints in it as will anyone who wants to.

This is good news to be welcomed.