New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

Aye, but what if the numbers tie up. Obviously, I've not seen the business case though do imagine membership fees would have to contribute towards whole life costs beyond just the fit out.

Are there going to be paid bar staff or will the members takes turns of serving? ????

Not too late to change the membership.

The original £60 "Founding Member" gets your name on the wall {as planned}

Open up the membership to 1877 lifelong members at £60 per head would be {1877 - Founder members Numbers} would roughly be 1577 {if there are 300 FM's} at £60 each realising £94620.

Once 1877 is reached, ordinary membership at a nominal fee each year to cover cost of membership card, admin costs + a wee bit of profit.

Open the doors at 12:00 and have it 1st come, 1st served. when full, 1 out 1 in and if capacity is never reached,

Contact opposition supporters buses offering a supporters bar offering welcoming facilities {with the reported rise in football hooliganism, that might need risk assessing but I would like a matchday environment where home & away supporters can mix together, share & enjoy the banter & make their way home after a good day at the football}

Locally, I've drank in Dagenham & Redbrdiges supporters bar, always welcomes away supporters, charges non members £1 on the door, never any grief. large screen shows football & everyone gets on with having a drink pre & post match.

Not too late to change the membership.

The original £60 "Founding Member" gets your name on the wall {as planned}

Open up the membership to 1877 lifelong members at £60 per head would be {1877 - Founder members Numbers} would roughly be 1577 {if there are 300 FM's} at £60 each realising £94620.

Once 1877 is reached, ordinary membership at a nominal fee each year to cover cost of membership card, admin costs + a wee bit of profit.

Open the doors at 12:00 and have it 1st come, 1st served. when full, 1 out 1 in and if capacity is never reached,

Contact opposition supporters buses offering a supporters bar offering welcoming facilities {with the reported rise in football hooliganism, that might need risk assessing but I would like a matchday environment where home & away supporters can mix together, share & enjoy the banter & make their way home after a good day at the football}

Locally, I've drank in Dagenham & Redbrdiges supporters bar, always welcomes away supporters, charges non members £1 on the door, never any grief. large screen shows football & everyone gets on with having a drink pre & post match.

Have had a few pints at opposition supporters clubs with saints, Motherwell, Inverness, Annan, Livingston and St johnstone, never any trouble mixing with the home fans, in fact quite the opposite. Inverness is probably the best supporters club i have been in - good cheap food and drink, they dont charge entry but have a raffle which makes them cash whilst giving us the chance to win something, all very informal and pleasant

Yet there's a train station nearby and good local bus service that combined is surely cheaper than taking the car.

There are loads of supporters like me who no longer live in Paisley. I live 4 miles outside of Beith and there is no public transport available that does not involve very long walks (along roads with no pavements so dangerous) and long delays due to infrequency of buses. Car is the only reasonable means of attending games. So no alcohol for me. I would turn up early for a coffee or lunch and chat with mates in the new club if it was reasonable but not at the current membership prices.

Agree Sonny, I don't get to as many games as I'd like and after visiting my dad in his nursing home am often left with the odd hour or so to kill, end up giving money to Starbucks but would rather give it to the club in a warm and Saints related atmosphere.

Like you SS I often come in early to visit an Aunt in a Nursing Home and am away from there at 1:15 so have time to kill before kick off. A place at the Stadium where anyone could have a snack/refreshment and watch a live game until kick-off would be welcome. I do not mind a couple of quid entry like when visiting Motherwell or the Bowling Club at Tyncastle :)

There are loads of supporters like me who no longer live in Paisley. I live 4 miles outside of Beith and there is no public transport available that does not involve very long walks (along roads with no pavements so dangerous) and long delays due to infrequency of buses. Car is the only reasonable means of attending games. So no alcohol for me. I would turn up early for a coffee or lunch and chat with mates in the new club if it was reasonable but not at the current membership prices.

Understand where you are coming from when I was in Lochwinnoch depending weather it had to be the car with the train station 1 mile out of the village. Now I'm lucky as ferry is very frequent which meets the train so can enjoy a day out in my old town.

Edit to add you are correct I'm sure a lot of Saints fans would be shocked by the number of Saints fans who travel out with Renfrewshire to watch Saints on a regular basis. I met a few boys from Ayrshire up in Dingwall , you know who you are Sandy Corner Bar was your PE teacher. He remembers you guys. Even though he is a big blue nose he is a top man.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

A few years ago I would probably have signed up to this but 3 small children later it's not for me. I would liked to have had the opportunity to use the facilities but it's not be at the moment.

I would have paid a one off £50 to help get it up and running then £2 every time I used it on a first come first served basis. I am sure you could have had 500 to 750 signing up to this.

It's very difficult to please everyone but don't think the current format will be viable as you will find that less than 100 people could be turning up for certain games with very few of them actually spending much money.

I am confident the current format will be reviewed after a year if not sooner.

Good luck to all who sail in her! :-)

Edited by Mr Zo

Agree Sonny, I don't get to as many games as I'd like and after visiting my dad in his nursing home am often left with the odd hour or so to kill, end up giving money to Starbucks but would rather give it to the club in a warm and Saints related atmosphere.

How about I occasionally sign either yourself or Sonny in then. I coach a youth team, so have games most Saturday mornings, but certainly hope to use the club fairly regularly.

So a nice facility which along with alcohol serves tea and coffee, and perhaps toasties might meet the needs of a good number of fans who would then gladly contribute to the funding of the place via custom spend. Interesting.

If only there was some way of engaging supporters and actually consulting the potential customers! We might just come up with a business plan with potential to succeed rather than one based on desire and goodwill alone.

Their towns don't have a team in the professional league . Personaly I take my hat off to them , they are passionate as I am with Saints that should be commended not condemned.

it was a joke IOBS. I don't support my local team and I'm not ashamed that I don't.

Edit to add:All saints fans should be commended.

Edited by Hambud