New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

This doesn't come over very well Gary. Seriously, it sounds like pesky supporters getting in the way of the Fan Council doing their business.

The club don't need to consult supporters when they sign players, set season ticket prices, sign deals with Hummel or JD, or change from En Croute to UWS....

The Fan Council however is supposed to be the conduit between fans and club. Seems to me it is heading towards being an insular wee private club that doesn't take kindly to criticism.

This

Can you imagine. Consulting fans with every decision we make. Nothing would get done. Trust us to do our best. Other ventures we have done have been a great success with the fans who have turned up. And sure this will be the same if you give it a chance.

Going by the posts you've made on this subject I wouldn't trust you to run a bath mate....

You don't even know who's funding it and have told the fans if they don't like it then don't join, simple...

"The Fans Council" alias, whoever is posting on their behalf (probably an important person with a photo on the website) won't even reply directly to questions raised on this thread.

Can you imagine...

To act as an intermediary between the Club and the Fans

To share knowledge and best practice and to improve relationships between the various stakeholders, in particular the relationship between the Fans and the Club.

To provide a good communication flow, between the Club and the Fans.

To provide a platform for the Fans to ensure they are involved in appropriate decision making.

To act as the prime movers in various fund raising initiatives for the mutual benefit of the Club, the Fans and the Community.

Edited by davidg

Supporter Club Update

Just providing an update re New Supporters Club and giving feedback on points raised by our fellow supporters.

Firstly every Fans Council member who wishes to join the new SMFC 1877 Supporters Club will pay the same rate and on the same terms as every other supporter who joins. Our minutes reflect we do not want any preferential treatment nor do we seek it.

The biggest talking point on this forum would appear to be about "signing in" a mate.

We have obviously discussed this issue so it's not news to us. There are a number of difficulties with this such as the following:

How do we ensure there is no overcrowding ?

How do we make sure that regular paying members are not disadvantaged by the odd supporter who turns up from time to time.

Do we rely on a system where members advise us they will not be using the facility and free up a place ? Who manages this ?

When you sign a pal in does he get in free when members are paying their monthly contribution ? Of course not !

We are open to suggestions to resolve this in a fair manner which DOES NOT disadvantage our paying supporter club members

Let us put it another way ....

Would you like to go to a sports cafe bar where St.Mirren supporters are welcome ?

Would you like to be encouraged to wear your club scarfs and St.Mirren tops in the bar ?

Would you like to be in an environment which encourages the singing of Saints songs ( the clean ones) ?

Would you like to meet Saints players after a game for a chat ?

Would you prefer to put your hard earned money in to the football club you support or a local bar owner ?

If the answer is YES there are only 75 places available at this time on Friday evening at 6pm

The choice is yours.

This is your supporters club !

Would you like to go to a sports cafe bar where St.Mirren supporters are welcome ?

Available in Paisley without membership fees

Would you like to be encouraged to wear your club scarfs and St.Mirren tops in the bar ?

Available in Paisley without membership fees

Would you like to be in an environment which encourages the singing of Saints songs ( the clean ones) ?

Available in Paisley without membership fees - and the naughty ones

Would you like to meet Saints players after a game for a chat ?

For £120 a year.... Most of them have Twitter, I'll chat to them on that

Would you prefer to put your hard earned money in to the football club you support or a local bar owner ?

Ideally, I'd like to do both. Hit Paisley for a few before the game, head over to the supporters bar, have a few after the game then head back into Paisley. Why would we want to discourage supporting our local bars - who have been there for many years and are a huge part of our community? So I think its out of order to say don't give your money to a local bar owner give it to St Mirren instead.

You do realise you are asking for £120 a year, to go into a bar (which will likely contain over priced drinks) which is only open 5 hours every second Saturday... Are you lot completely f'king insane? Lets stop pricing people out of things! Imagine walking into a boozer and being asked to pay for a membership.

Answer this question - How much is the total refit going to cost, and how much are the club paying?

Once we have that information - maybe the thousands on here will be able to make a more realistic suggestion - I've not seen the Fans Council ask for views on how this would be workable before coming out with this - not exactly carrying out the role description on the website here.

Edited by Tam M

Can you imagine. Consulting fans with every decision we make. Nothing would get done. Trust us to do our best. Other ventures we have done have been a great success with the fans who have turned up. And sure this will be the same if you give it a chance.

Gary -

From the Fans Council website....

• To act as an intermediary between the Club and the Fans
  • To share knowledge and best practice and to improve relationships between the various stakeholders, in particular the relationship between the Fans and the Club.
  • To provide a good communication flow, between the Club and the Fans.
  • To provide a platform for the Fans to ensure they are involved in appropriate decision making.
  • To act as the prime movers in various fund raising initiatives for the mutual benefit of the Club, the Fans and the Community.

The Fans Council aren't there to make decisions without consultation of the supporters. As others have said - why not raise the suggestion with supporters, tell them the Fans Council idea, allow it to be discussed, and have a consultation period before any decision is made.

Fans council showing themselves to be a wee clique thats not fit for purpose with this one. It hasn't descended into anything petty. There are plenty of good if not better suggestions on this thread which seem to be better options for both providing a sausage roll thiefs club and a bar for your average punter while maximising initial revenue and through the till revenue.

But fcuk it. If you dont like it dont join. Voice of the people eh?

I think it's a bit unfair to slam the FC on this one. They are doing what they think is best, this is obviously the biggest project they have faced and I doubt they have gone out their way to piss people off.

I don't personally agree with the business model, but then again I haven't any experience of running a bar and nor have I sat down and went through all the numbers. I'm guessing the guys in the FC have done exactly that and if the numbers stack up then fair enough I guess.

Anyone could have went to the club over the past 5 years with a business plan for taking over the void, but nobody has (to my knowledge) so if the FC are going to give it a go then fair play to them.

It might work, it might not. If it doesn't work then at least the void is fitted out. I don't really see it as being a negative.

I doubt all 225 who have signed up will actually turn into full paying members so maybe after the 300 sign up limit is reached if only 250 convert then they can advertise 50 walk up spaces as being available on a match day on a pay as you go basis ?

Sure there is some sensible compromise that can be reached to try and keep most people happy (you will NEVER please ALL the fans)

This doesn't come over very well Gary. Seriously, it sounds like pesky supporters getting in the way of the Fan Council doing their business.

The club don't need to consult supporters when they sign players, set season ticket prices, sign deals with Hummel or JD, or change from En Croute to UWS....

The Fan Council however is supposed to be the conduit between fans and club. Seems to me it is heading towards being an insular wee private club that doesn't take kindly to criticism.

absolutely not Paul. It's great now to get everyone's imput and it will be discussed at the comittee meeting. But it would impossible to consult every fan on everytime we want to do something. It's very simple. If anybody doesn't want to be member then that's fine. But I'm sure the 300 membership will be full by the end of the weekend as 225 fans have filled in the application form. The club is not gonna pay for this unless someone wins the lotto this is the only way we can do it. So join or don't it's that simple. Edited by santaponsasaint

Going by the posts you've made on this subject I wouldn't trust you to run a bath mate....

You don't even know who's funding it and have told the fans if they don't like it then don't join, simple...

"The Fans Council" alias, whoever is posting on their behalf (probably an important person with a photo on the website) won't even reply directly to questions raised on this thread.

Can you imagine...

To act as an intermediary between the Club and the Fans

To share knowledge and best practice and to improve relationships between the various stakeholders, in particular the relationship between the Fans and the Club.

To provide a good communication flow, between the Club and the Fans.

To provide a platform for the Fans to ensure they are involved in appropriate decision making.

To act as the prime movers in various fund raising initiatives for the mutual benefit of the Club, the Fans and the Community.

that's fine David I feel same about you. Everybody on here can join the FC then apply for the committee. But you would all rather come here and moan about everything. Since I'm now no used to you I will be quiet on the subject. Get your info from fans council website. Thanx all. Coys Edited by santaponsasaint

No-one has joined , 200 odd have shown an interest in joining , unlikely they'll all see it through ! Particularly, if by the time it's ready , we're 7th in the table !

Im having a nightmare. It's gone closer to 200 now. 1eye.gif

Nice to see you're your usual positive self. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

No issue with what they are trying to achieve but the way they have went about this project isn't in line with the role profile of being on the Fans Council, and the like it or lump it comments aren't exactly going to help their case.

Edited by Tam M

that's fine David I feel same about you. Everybody on here can join the FC then apply for the committee. But you would all rather come here and moan about everything. Since I'm now no used to you I will be quiet on the subject. Get your info from fans council website. Thanx all. Coys

I offered to join over a year ago, they said they'd be in touch, still waiting.

What information from the Fans Council? The minutes haven't been updated in months.

absolutely not Paul. It's great now to get everyone's imput and it will be discussed at the comittee meeting. But it would impossible to consult every fan on everytime we want to do something. It's very simple. If anybody doesn't want to be member then that's fine. But I'm sure the 300 membership will be full by the end of the weekend as 225 fans have filled in the application form. The club is not gonna pay for this unless someone wins the lotto this is the only way we can do it. So join or don't it's that simple.

The point is... Why not say this is our idea, what's your thoughts, gather the input before deciding on how it's going to be done.

that's fine David I feel same about you. Everybody on here can join the FC then apply for the committee. But you would all rather come here and moan about everything. Since I'm now no used to you I will be quiet on the subject. Get your info from fans council website. Thanx all. Coys

"The Fans Council" alias says the club are paying for it... you, a committee member says they ain't...

The website minutes were 8 months out of date...

Your attitude was if you don't like it then tough shit....

For the clubs sake I hope you don't fully subscribe and make a loss like your tent....

I think it's a bit unfair to slam the FC on this one. They are doing what they think is best, this is obviously the biggest project they have faced and I doubt they have gone out their way to piss people off.

I don't personally agree with the business model, but then again I haven't any experience of running a bar and nor have I sat down and went through all the numbers. I'm guessing the guys in the FC have done exactly that and if the numbers stack up then fair enough I guess.

Anyone could have went to the club over the past 5 years with a business plan for taking over the void, but nobody has (to my knowledge) so if the FC are going to give it a go then fair play to them.

It might work, it might not. If it doesn't work then at least the void is fitted out. I don't really see it as being a negative.

I doubt all 225 who have signed up will actually turn into full paying members so maybe after the 300 sign up limit is reached if only 250 convert then they can advertise 50 walk up spaces as being available on a match day on a pay as you go basis ?

Sure there is some sensible compromise that can be reached to try and keep most people happy (you will NEVER please ALL the fans)

Div you yourself have put forward ideas as well as many other fans. I don't think we are being too critical of the FC . Many of us think it's not been thought through properly including your good self.