Scott Agnew Signs

Gies a f**king signin... oh. Ok.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=44949

St Mirren have this morning signed Scott Agnew who has put pen to paper on a one year deal.

The 27-year-old midfielder started football life as a youth player with Rangers then he signed for Hamilton Academical in 2006. Stints with Alloa Athletic and Ayr United lead to a move to Stranraer in 2010.

A year later Scott headed back to the central belt to play with Dumbarton where he played until the end of last season making 146 appearances for The Sons scoring 35 goals in the process.

Scott-Agnew-215x300.jpg

Edited by Magic Monkey

Welcome to the best club in the world, Scott.

The good Lord will be foaming at the mouth, and this, alone, chalks the signing off as a good'n! Popcorn at the ready folks!

Edited by Drew

A goal every four games at this level (couple years spent in third tier) is a decent return for a midfielder.

I suspect this could help trigger a bit of movement. Will potentially allow McGinn to move on, which will in turn free up any money we'd offered him.

Im assuming he was out of contract at Dumbarton?

Welcome to the club Scott!

Yes he was.

Has a lot of experience in this league so should be a decent addition to the squad.

Hopefully he will pop up with 5-10 goals from midfield.

May I take this opportunity to welcome you to the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad.

May I also wish you the very best of luck in this endeavour and I sincerely hope that the move to full time football proves to be a highly succesful one.

May I also point out that you need to get your form into the fans council asap if you wish to join the 1877 club as I am sure applications will be rolling in and you do not want to be left sitting next to Stuart Dickson who will only join in order that he can complain about it.