Graham Carey

Mid Calder Saint

Yeah would be a good signing for the Championship.

With Tess and Wylde leaving and Kelly seemingly earmarked for a centre back role we are woefully short of left sided players. Apart from Kelly we don't have any actually.

So yeah Carey would do just fine as he can play left back or left mid.

Mixed feelings.

Never struck me as being quick enough over the first 5-10 yards to be a top class midfielder, and a bit light in the tackle to be a FB - so that really leaves him as wing-back with 3 central defenders or maybe a holding midfielder that's not going to stray forward too often (perhaps Jim Goodwin bag.gif). Having said all that he was good at set pieces and that goal against Hearts in the league.........

Could be a winner in the Championship but there's a reason a bloke with his talent is working his way down the leagues - like I said mixed feelings................

We are in desperate need of a left back and a left midfielder and Carey can play either. He was inconsistent in his last spell with us but had a lot of good games and we all know he is capable of pulling something very special out of the bag. He was brilliant in the semi final against Celtic and I'll alway remember him kicking the ball 50m in the air as the final whistle went in the final clap.gif .

I think he'll be a good player at championship level would be happy to see him return.

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. The only thing missing in Carey's game was fitness and that seems to be one of the key strengths of Ian Murray - getting players in absolutely tip top condition.

If Carey was super fit, and playing every week, he'd be a star in our side. His dead ball delivery was/is absolutely superb.

Douglas McNeil is usually quite reliable though and said yesterday that neither Carey or Clarkson would be heading to Saints, and Clarkson signed for Motherwell yesterday.

We all know what Carey is capable of, the more astute know he doesn't deliver it consistently. County gave him a platform that he failed to use, if he came to us would he be up for it on a cold wet night at Alloa? I think he will continue to spiral downwards, which is a shame, but he's the only one who could change it!

Carey. Is a fans favourite for about 90% of us. Would be a great signing.

I don't know why though its a bizarre one.

He was immense in his first loan spell. In his 2nd spell i think you could count his incredible performances over 2 seasons on your 2 hands and thats being generous. The first half of his first season was a right off straight away.

Obviously didn't get on with Danny but I don't think he applied himself 100% in every game. Normally Saints fans can sniff a player like that out from 100 yards ( see Harkins ). Scored spectacular goals once in a while. How many free kicks did he actually score from and how many assists did he provide? Not that many if i recall correctly.

If we sign him and hes fully fit and applies himself 100% in every game then we have a great player on our hands. Thats the problem, if he did that he wouldn't have to play in the Championship.

Left mid is a key position that needs filled though and some of his best performances came at left back so can fill in there. Could probably play in the wing back role which could be vital if Murray does go 3-5-2. Oh and he isn't Gregg Wylde.

Overall I hope this is true and he signs.

I personally think he could do the job vacated by McGowan, picking up the ball and creating things.

He certainly could, he can play anywhere along the midfield, I'm quite sure with his snapshot he could play upfront as well.

I'm trying not to get excited about this, it will never happen.

The only thing missing in Carey's game was fitness

I'd maybe also say he lacked motivation at times. I certainly remember games which would totally pass him, where he looked like the couldn't give a fuck.

A good player when he can be arsed and is fit though so I'd sign him.

Edited by JM1

Why did we bag him again.... and Danny L, and Craig Samson and Paul McG...... Hmmm now we have Agnew... Geez

Why did we bag him again.... and Danny L, and Craig Samson and Paul McG...... Hmmm now we have Agnew... Geez

Money money money

I always liked Graeme , even back in the days when he was only on loan to us . I think he is exciting to watch and is great from a dead ball situation and he was truly outstanding in the Cup Semi against his old team. .

Did he always give 100% ? Does any player at our level always give 100% ? What I would say is that he was also instrumental in us beating the old Hunn on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago , so maybe he only plays well in the important games. .

However , as I said in another thread ; I think we have more chance of signing Jim Carey. .

Would love him back at saints. As said above, he's great cover on the left and in midfield if needed. I actually think LB is where he's best, his range of passing was good. I think it was tyncastle in the cup game he played there and was outstanding