Graham Carey

Mid Calder Saint

Last time Carey was here I was saddened that we didn't put his long throw to use.

It seemed that Lennon & Craig didn't want the long throw to be part of their ridiculous attempts to play like Barcelona.

Hopefully Ian Murray will have more sense.

Carey has a great long throw. Get the ball into the f**king box and cause some mayhem!

Last time Carey was here I was saddened that we didn't put his long throw to use.

It seemed that Lennon & Craig didn't want the long throw to be part of their ridiculous attempts to play like Barcelona.

Hopefully Ian Murray will have more sense.

Carey has a great long throw. Get the ball into the f**king box and cause some mayhem!

You and that walloper that used to harp on about the long ball would get on well together.

Do you know him? rolleyes.gif

You and that walloper that used to harp on about the long ball would get on well together.

Do you know him? rolleyes.gif

Nope - On this issue The Cap'n and his re-incarnations are on the ball (sic).

Far better for teams at our level to play the long ball game get it up early youngman-sign.gif with a couple of pacy forwards* to harry the opposition and force them into mistakes than to keep the ball, pass yourself into trouble and then be forced to punt the ball to a defence which has had time to reorganize.

* With Gow and Thompson up front we may have already thrown away the option.

Nope - On this issue The Cap'n and his re-incarnations are on the ball (sic).

Far better for teams at our level to play the long ball game get it up early youngman-sign.gif with a couple of pacy forwards* to harry the opposition and force them into mistakes than to keep the ball, pass yourself into trouble and then be forced to punt the ball to a defence which has had time to reorganize.

* With Gow and Thompson up front we may have already thrown away the option.

I happen to agree with him too.

But he was a walloper. whistling.gif

Like The Rangers. How did that work out for them and Boyd?

If you'd read the whole of my post you'd have seen I answered that question - for the long ball game to be successful you need to play the ball early and have some pace up front. The purpose is to be challenging for possession in and around the opposition penalty box - in 1999/00 we had height, strength and pace up front with our combination of Basher, Yards & Junior.

I know nothing of the tactics used by that team last season but I'll stand by my opinion that used properly the long ball game is more effective and more fun to watch than most of the seventh rate Barca wannabees we see coached by the Largs alumni.