Stuart Carswell Signs

div has just retweeted this: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/6521316/Ex-Well-kid-Carswell-set-to-sign-for-Buddies.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20150629-_-SunScotNews-_-201839485

Think he's a decent player, bit about him here: www.motherwellfc.co.uk/players/first-team/stuart-carswell/

EDIT: Must be good, there's three threads on him! Please lock and delete this one.

Edited by Stu

Two Well fans on P&B do not rate Carswell at al so maybe don't get your hopes too high .....

Few 'Well fans on twitter telling me he's decent, and some saying he's shit.

That's football fans for you !

Welcome aboard Stuart!

Here's a fairly positive account from a 'Well fan.

He made his Motherwell debut as a 17 year old and made over 90 appearances for the club including over 50 starts and games in the Europa League. He's hardly some naive youngster with no experience.

Anyway he does the dirty side of the game quite well, covers a lot ground, good in the tackle and keeps it simple when in possession. Don't think he even assisted never mind scored a goal for Motherwell and perhaps those limitations were why he was released by Baraclough.

McCall was a big fan though, was our young player of the year in 13/14 under him but he never really built on that last season, McCall left and seemingly Baraclough didn't rate him very much and the feeling was apparently mutual.

A solid enough player who you could never fault for effort, he really needs to add more to his game in an attacking sense but he should do a good job at this level if there's someone more creative next to him.

I would have given him at least another year at Motherwell but as I said, he and Baraclough apparently never really got on. Good luck to him anyway, hope he does well and gets his career back on track.

Welcome aboard!

Another central midfielder though...? Would have said that was the one position that didn't need strengthening.

Oh well. He's played Europa League and featured regularly for the team that's been the second best in Scotland for two out the last three seasons, so I'm sure he will be decent in the Championship.

Welcome aboard!

Another central midfielder though...? Would have said that was the one position that didn't need strengthening.

Oh well. He's played Europa League and featured regularly for the team that's been the second best in Scotland for two out the last three seasons, so I'm sure he will be decent in the Championship.

I was about to post the same then realised we only have Goodwin, Mallan and Agnew (assuming he can play there) and maybe Gow before you're on to the kids. I suppose of all the areas in the team it was one of the last currently needing strengthened but still could have done with an extra body.

Now for some defenders, wingers and strikers please!

"Good luck with that one, rotten attitude and was an absolute impostor for us any time he got a game last season. Never seen anyone so quick to pass the buck, always made the first available pass so that he didn't shoulder any responsibility. It's a shame as he really showed promise a few seasons back. Hopefully Murray will get the best out of him but Carswell and Gow in the same team is the stuff of nightmares!"

'Started out promisingly but never really seemed to develop. Nothing fancy about his game - more the unglamorous workhorse type. Not Premiership level but may do ok in the Championship. A decent sort. '

Two quotes from Well fans on the Well thread on P&B. I may have seen they guy play and do not remember him but of course want him to do well for us.

He would be excellent if he could stay fit. I would take the gamble on that one.

He'd have been good before today but we don't need another central midfielder now. Wouldn't touch their defenders either as they've leaked goals the last few years.

Judging by his lack of goals I'm guessing Carswell is a holding player. Wonder if he'll be played alongside Goodwin or if Goodwin is being pushed back into defence again.