St Mirren V Berwick Rangers 25/7/15

TopCat

Half time 1-1.

Not a great half by any measure really. Morgan has looked good, but the centre half pairing of Baird and Kelly isn't right. Also thought Agnew has been poor.

Hoping for a big improvement second half.

lol

Full time 3-1

Much better second half from us. Agnew's got some hit on him. Scored 2 from outside the box and would have had a third had it not been for a great save.

We're in the next round and we are second favourites to win the cup. That's all that matters really.

Squad is a few players short of ready, but we aren't alone in that regard. Thought young Lewis Morgan was our best player, he looks like a great prospect.

about fukcing time - at last a saints manager who reads the matchday thread and puts my team on the park.

Note to Gus, Danny, Tommy, and Gary - if you had done this you would have kept your job.

debug.gif?e=TypeError&a=rubicon-eu&v=ssp

er, but Gus, Danny, Tommy & Gary were operating in a higher division! :1eye

Gus Mapherson won this division - and he won it easily - despite being up against bigger spending clubs like St. Johnstone, Dundee & Ross County. He finished 2nd and 1st in his only 2 full seasons in this division.

Let's see what Ian Murray does... and of he does make it out this division, let's see how attacking he is in the top league.

Good result, possible banana skin avoided, first game worth talking about under our belt.

Move on and the manager should focus on the positives.

We played better after Thompson went off, he has served us well but he doesn't bring anything to the team anymore, too slow and his touch is terrible, he's done.

Unlike some I was pleased by today's performance. Scored 3, 2 chopped off and hit the woodwork 3 times. We played some good football with good passing moves. Considering their ages and experience I thought Kelly and Baird had a good partnership against two lively and big Rangers strikers.

Where it did not work for us was Thommo with Mallan playing just behind him. Most good moves broke down at the edge of the box. Thommo unfortunately is too static these days. Mallan plays better in a deeper position.

Feeling a lot more positive now that I did last week considering we should have a few more players in over the next few weeks.

We played better after Thompson went off, he has served us well but he doesn't bring anything to the team anymore, too slow and his touch is terrible, he's done.

Probably more to do with the part time team tiring than Thommo coming off but don't let that get in the way of spouting your pish

Felt we got better as the game went on. Pleased that Morgan had a good game as I was impressed with the glimpses I saw of him last season. Carswell was effective without doing anything spectacular - that was Agnew's role. First goal was fantastic and the second wasn't bad either. Conlan should be decent once he gets some fitness and McMullan was a bit quieter than last week, although was getting booted all over the place which didn't help. Howieson showed some nice stuff when he came on, although he was up against a tiring part-time League Two side.

Striker and an experienced centre-half still the priorities for me. Anyone know what was up with Gow? Wondered if he still had a Diddy Cup suspension hanging over him from years ago but no sign of one on the SFA site. Was in the main stand so hasn't stormed off in the huff. Hopefully not injured already.

Edited by Stu

Felt we got better as the game went on. Pleased that Morgan had a good game as I was impressed with the glimpses I saw of him last season. Carswell was effective without doing anything spectacular - that was Agnew's role. First goal was fantastic and the second wasn't bad either. Conlan should be decent once he gets some fitness and McMullan was a bit quieter than last week, although was getting booted all over the place which didn't help. Howieson showed some nice stuff when he came on, although he was up against a tiring part-time League Two side.

Striker and an experienced centre-half still the priorities for me. Anyone know what was up with Gow? Wondered if he still had a Diddy Cup suspension hanging over him from years ago but no sign of one on the SFA site. Was in the main stand so hasn't stormed off in the huff. Hopefully not injured already.

Heard he's got a hamstring injury

Probably more to do with the part time team tiring than Thommo coming off but don't let that get in the way of spouting your pish

Correct.

Barring injury, Thommo will get into double figures this season.

We do need someone to play closer to him though.