St Mirren V Berwick Rangers 25/7/15

TopCat

No chance of changing dressing rooms - the home one is much bigger than the away one and isn't painted in a depressing colour.

When the ground was built Gus insisted the two dressing rooms should be different.

The home one has a treatment room which is accessed directly from the changing room ,while the away one you have to leave the dressing room , go into a communal corridor to access the treatment room.

That way you can look out for any oppo players who are carrying knocks & need a wee bit of physio pre-match.

I was told this by a certain Mr T Fitzpatrick . notworthy.gif

When the ground was built Gus insisted the two dressing rooms should be different.

The home one has a treatment room which is accessed directly from the changing room ,while the away one you have to leave the dressing room , go into a communal corridor to access the treatment room.

That way you can look out for any oppo players who are carrying knocks & need a wee bit of physio pre-match.

I was told this by a certain Mr T Fitzpatrick . :notworthy

Gus was obviously on a bit of a roll. Too bad he didn't insist on adequate facilities for disabled fans and a bar in the void while the place was getting built anyway.

Now my avatar pic looks like Gus marking out his plans.

Gus was obviously on a bit of a roll. Too bad he didn't insist on adequate facilities for disabled fans and a bar in the void while the place was getting built anyway.

Now my avatar pic looks like Gus marking out his plans.

f**k sake . Get off his back.

If it wasn`t for Gus we wouldnt have steak & gravy pies !! smile.png He cant think of everything !! rolleyes.gif

My boy stayed the whole game, had a hot dog, met paisley panda, and says he wants to go back. He did look confused when we scored, but he wasn't alone there.

Only down side was me being unable to swear at the cock of a linesman at the west stand.

My wee girl's first game today as well. Had her fingers in her ears any time there was crowd noise, got a sausage roll at half time and got it everywhere, and missed the goals 'cause she was watching the seagulls. Says she wants to go back.

Delighted :-D

f**k sake . Get off his back.

If it wasn`t for Gus we wouldnt have steak & gravy pies !! :) He cant think of everything !! :rolleyes:

Steak 'n' gravy pies, a Division 1 title, cheeky dressing room tricks, a Petrofac Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup, a national cup final, a lengthy stay in the top flight and a reserve league cup.....

Yet no bar in the void. Shame on you MacPherson.

The man was clearly a failure at Saints. History will crucify him.

Edited by pozbaird

Agnew was the clear MOM for us today, and also Baird looked very solid. The result represents a decent start to Murray's time in charge but I won't get overexcited about our overall team performance bearing in mind the standard of the opposition. Also he seems to be building a squad of lightweights and short arses that could be ill-equipped for the physicality of the Championship.

Sadly Thompson looked even slower and less alert than before, a spent force I fear.

Agnew was the clear MOM for us today, and also Baird looked very solid. The result represents a decent start to Murray's time in charge but I won't get overexcited about our overall team performance bearing in mind the standard of the opposition. Also he seems to be building a squad of lightweights and short arses that could be ill-equipped for the physicality of the Championship.

Sadly Thompson looked even slower and less alert than before, a spent force I fear.

Like he said.

Enjoyed the game today. Felt we were comfortable without ever really getting out of first gear. Really impressed with Morgan, and Agnew was excellent. When was the last time we had a midfielder who threaten from distance if given a bit of space?

The 77 fans from berwick even got a mention. smile.png Best moment of the game was goodwin making an arse of a return from a throw in; taking pelters for it and saying "you wanna try it again" at the next one.

Also had a good laugh when, just after Naismith was taken out by their big centre half, Goody, who was warming up, and Jason had a good chat as Naismith clearly pointed out to Goody that it was number 6 who was the perpetrator and both had a good laugh. Card well and truly marked!!

I didnae' think Thommo' played badly at all. Should maybe have went for the volley as the ball dropped to him one time, but I thought his link up play was good, he won a fair few flick-ons, and did pretty well.

This will no doubt be his last hurrah in a Saints shirt. Instead of branding him 'finished' and 'done' - we should get behind him and enjoy a cup winning legend and supporter's final appearances in the stripes (nice stripes too).

Thommo' is genuine quality. This is a lower league, he has a shot at this being a good way to finally bow out. We'll miss him when he's gone. Let's get behind him.

I didnae' think Thommo' played badly at all. Should maybe have went for the volley as the ball dropped to him one time, but I thought his link up play was good, he won a fair few flick-ons, and did pretty well.

This will no doubt be his last hurrah in a Saints shirt. Instead of branding him 'finished' and 'done' - we should get behind him and enjoy a cup winning legend and supporter's final appearances in the stripes (nice stripes too).

Thommo' is genuine quality. This is a lower league, he has a shot at this being a good way to finally bow out. We'll miss him when he's gone. Let's get behind him.

Absolutely this.

The number of "Thomson's done" comments on here are shocking. He was injured for pretty much all of last season and prior to that was an absolute revelation in a Saints jersey. If any player deserved the benefit of the doubt it's Thomson and some of the f**kers on here with short memories should try to remember that.

Edited by DLBud

Enjoyable match over all.

A lot of questions raised yesterday that hopefully Murray can address before the real business starts. Concerning lack of goal threat other than Agnew who you would imagine Championship teams will not allow so much time around the box.

Really worried about the lack of dig in midfield. Can see bigger teams bullying us. I also hope the stories of a goalkeeper and a couple of strikers coming in are true. Thommo will do a job but needs to be used selectively.

Pleased with the youth players. Baird looks like he will be a first pick this season, good to see another generation coming through.

Steak 'n' gravy pies, a Division 1 title, cheeky dressing room tricks, a Petrofac Bells B&Q Ramsdens Challenge Diddy Cup, a national cup final, a lengthy stay in the top flight and a reserve league cup.....

Yet no bar in the void. Shame on you MacPherson.

The man was clearly a failure at Saints. History will crucify him.

'History will crucify him?'

Surely that event happened every other week at both SMP's, and any time he was seen hinging aroon the cross???

Eh???

Goodwin will be gone before the end of August.

There's a reason why he is on the bench, Ian murray doesn't rate him and would rather spend his wage elsewhere.

That would be the most likely reading of the situation. Tealzo didn't want Goody in the team, and now Murray has displayed his dislike of him, which surely indicates he wants to force Goody out by hoping Goody gets his agent to get him another gig. Thus freeing up a wage for Murray to spend.

Another less likely scenario is Murray is blooding the youth in less serious games to build some cover in defence and defensive midfield. I would put this to the forum community "Do you want to go into our first league fixture at The Sports Socks Arena without Goody there to deal with the heat?"