St Mirren V Berwick Rangers 25/7/15

TopCat

Change of dugout is for the above reason as there is no 4th official.

As to away dressing room there is no separate treatment room it is all in one. Saints dressing room has a separate treatment room that can be directly accessed from dressing room but also has a door into corridor.

And theres a secret panel in there that leads to a fantastic, glittering saints legend themed sports bar, resplendent with various objects salvaged from Love Street including a set of the old square wooden goal posts, and a mini replica of one of the old floodlight pylons!

I also hope the stories of a goalkeeper and a couple of strikers coming in are true. Thommo will do a job but needs to be used selectively.

Agreed , Ridgers is simply not the answer , shocking distribution and doesn't inspire confidence. Every time a loose ball found it's way through to him yesterday , I was waiting on the "Jim Gilmour" moment !

Some of the Thompson comments are pretty shite. Yes he's older, yes he's lost another yard from the pace which was never really there to begin with but he's a huge influence on the team and fans. He doesn't need to be mobile if the delivery to him is good and looking at some of our corners yesterday, we certainly look stronger in that department.

Will he manage 90 minutes week-in week-out? No. To even ask this of him is poor in itself. Will he even playing every week? Again, no. His body (and he'll probably admit to this himself) can't and won't withstand the rigours of 2 or 3 matches a week.

That being said, he was involved in most of our good stuff yesterday and save for a blatant handball on the line, would have scored an absolute pearler of a header. It will be interesting to say the least if the 'he's finished' mob will be quite so critical if he comes up with the goods at Cappielow in a few weeks.

Agreed , Ridgers is simply not the answer , shocking distribution and doesn't inspire confidence. Every time a loose ball found it's way through to him yesterday , I was waiting on the "Jim Gilmour" moment !

And did the Jim Gilmour moment come?

Can't believe people are watching and waiting for him to fail.

Edited by Kendo

And theres a secret panel in there that leads to a fantastic, glittering saints legend themed sports bar, resplendent with various objects salvaged from Love Street including a set of the old square wooden goal posts, and a mini replica of one of the old floodlight pylons!

Ah but only 300 ? people know where the magic button is to open it, don't you just hate self important nobodies who spout the "I know all" line

Apparently its the "in thing" to quote posts from other threads in order to make a point so here goes...

Fcuk sake, your expected to GO to a game?

Oh dear, if you're going to have a dig, proper English please. 1eye.gif1eye.gif1eye.gif

PS You seriously need some new patter. bye1.gif

rolleyes.gif

Was a decent game and promising to say the least. When was the last time we seen saints go in against lower opposition and come out comfortable winners? Scored 3 goals, 2 of them fantastic, had 2 goals chopped off for offside, had 1 cleared off the line with a hand ball, hit the crossbar and an amazing save on the line from their keeper to deny Naismith.

The young players were confident and driving forward, they looked hungry. Our passing was fairly decent, apart from the few distribution errors from ridgers. Thommo did well, got in to space well enough, held up play and created space for the likes of agnew to get his shot off. Even Goodwin had a decent game when he came on, few cracker passes and defended well, apart from his howler pass from a throw in, but it added to the entertainment :P

Can't wait to see how we stack up against teams in this league. It's going to be an interesting season thats for sure!

A bit difficult to gauge the performance due to the weak opposition but one or two caught the eye. Certainly Agnew took his goals well and its a pleasure to see someone prepared to have a shot when he gets the chance.Goalie could be a bit of a problem but the youngsters looked lively and a bit more experience might just do the trick. I found it hard at times to make out the players names on the shirts.Not sure if eyesight is failing or the shirts make it difficult.

Unfortunately the number 7 (couldnt make out his name) stood out for the wrong reasons.Kept getting injured and looks too fragile for the professional game. If he is a trialist, better get rid at once.

Hoping for another forward at least before meeting Rangers, if we are to avoid a bleaching. Fingers crossed.

I found it hard at times to make out the players names on the shirts.Not sure if eyesight is failing or the shirts make it difficult.

Black on black and white stripes is tough. I suspect the SPFL haven't bothered with red numbers and letters with the new font?

The number 7 was McMullan on loan from Celtic. Perhaps just an off game as he looked decent via Bradford.

Black on black and white stripes is tough. I suspect the SPFL haven't bothered with red numbers and letters with the new font?

The number 7 was McMullan on loan from Celtic. Perhaps just an off game as he looked decent via Bradford.

He was on the receiving end of at least three heavy tackles early in the game, which was why he was injured a lot.

He wasn't as impressive as he was against Bradford, but he still played a killer pass to put Morgan one on one with the 'keeper, which he should have scored from.

Didn't Paul McMullan beat his man then put in a cross for a Goal which was judged offside. I thought he looked nervous and tried to play the ball first time to often. Only tried to take on the fullback once in 90 minutes but he did make a lung busting run to catch up with a breakaway.

I think he will come good once he settles.