Club Shop Rebranded

Unlike some, me included, you have a valid gripe here. You have someone here who has specifically booked St Mirren Park for a wedding over any other wedding venue you could have chosen. You didn't choose St Mirren Park randomly - it was obviously chosen for the emotional tie and the attachment to the football club. If the wedding was booked well before the Celtic deal then there simply should be NO Celtic signage visible for this important day. Anything that is being erected tonight should be taken down, or at least completely covered up.

The club shouldn't need to be told this. Surely to goodness they can recognise that a long-standing wedding booking at the ground should not be compromised by the Celtic deal in any way.

Will they though? As I mentioned earlier, any confidence I had in them that they actually give a fcuk about what the St Mirren support think has finally been eroded.

I genuinely hope the wedding day goes well, and the club display a bit of sensitivity to the occasion, and the reason you aren't in the Glynhill, Normandy, or any other hotel / wedding venue.

Brilliantly put Poz, I honestly am beyond gutted at the whole thing but I haven't stopped and gave up yet!

Brilliantly put Poz, I honestly am beyond gutted at the whole thing but I haven't stopped and gave up yet!

I wasn't overly fussed initially, however as regards the wedding function , I'm certain photos will be taken at the ground usually with our crest somewhere in the picture ?

This won't be possible if the Celtic branding is still in place and for that , I'm bothered , this needs bringing to the attention of the club ASAP

I hope there is a solution :)

Hang on a second, does anyone actually know if this sign is even staying up for the next week? I'd have thought that the only time it would make sense for Celtic (and indeed St. Mirren) to have use of the shop would be on their actual match days. I'd imagine it'll be a St. Mirren shop again until the day of the second pre-season friendly.

I'm not in the least bit surprised by this. I'm not going to let it get under my skin. What's the point. We cannot change the decision. It will just add to the debate to Rangers and Hearts fans that we are guilty by association.

To be fair we have had worse decisions over the St Mirren identity before.

Specifically in the 99/00 campaign when we wore Morton tops against Clydebank at Cappielow.

Any other team would have asked for kick off to be delayed to allow a set of strips to be brought in.

We had our other strips at half time the ref refused to let us change

I wasn't overly fussed initially, however as regards the wedding function , I'm certain photos will be taken at the ground usually with our crest somewhere in the picture ?

This won't be possible if the Celtic branding is still in place and for that , I'm bothered , this needs bringing to the attention of the club ASAP

I hope there is a solution smile.png

ME too - still working on it!

Hang on a second, does anyone actually know if this sign is even staying up for the next week? I'd have thought that the only time it would make sense for Celtic (and indeed St. Mirren) to have use of the shop would be on their actual match days. I'd imagine it'll be a St. Mirren shop again until the day of the second pre-season friendly.

This is the problem Paul was told 'they didnt know' if it would still be there on Saturday. The complete lack of not being interested in this wedding that was booked a YEAR ago is worrying. Obv making more money out of celtic. Paul and I were going down to renew our season tickets tomoro.......right now it ain't happening!

ME too - still working on it!

This is the problem Paul was told 'they didnt know' if it would still be there on Saturday. The complete lack of not being interested in this wedding that was booked a YEAR ago is worrying. Obv making more money out of celtic. Paul and I were going down to renew our season tickets tomoro.......right now it ain't happening!

I wasn't having a dig at you. You are the only one with a genuine gripe here as you, your family and the wedding party are being directly inconvenienced by the entire scenario. No-one else is, though.

I wasn't having a dig at you. You are the only one with a genuine gripe here as you, your family and the wedding party are being directly inconvenienced by the entire scenario. No-one else is, though.

I never thought you were??? I am just a big ball of angryness!!!!!

Not that it's our problem, but why the feck have Celtic wasted quite so much money on such ridiculous things as green seats and signs above the tunnel? Unless a sponsor is picking up the tab that's ridiculous.

Shame they haven't taken down the advert in the main stand with Paisley spelled wrongly.

I've no doubt in my mind that damage will be done, be it in the toilets, behind the seats at the server areas or the seats themselves. They have no respect for other clubs and will not treat our ground with any respect.

I only hope someone has written into the contract that we receive a fee and any damage caused by them is picked up by lawell and his mob and is not merely to be used from original fee.

This is a big 2 figures gesture to our club and town :-(

Someone please close this down as I don't want to be reminded of this in the future.

I've no doubt in my mind that damage will be done, be it in the toilets, behind the seats at the server areas or the seats themselves. They have no respect for other clubs and will not treat our ground with any respect.

I only hope someone has written into the contract that we receive a fee and any damage caused by them is picked up by lawell and his mob and is not merely to be used from original fee.

This is a big 2 figures gesture to our club and town :-(

Someone please close this down as I don't want to be reminded of this in the future.

Just don't read it? wacko.png

You miss the fact that the wedding party consists of a majority of the North End Travel Club.